• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS2004 Halo 2 pics!

watch.impress.com.jp

tgsxb200.jpg

tgsxb201.jpg

tgsxb202.jpg

tgsxb204.jpg

tgsxb205.jpg

Frank オコナー it is the contents manager of Bungie Studios. It could not have speaking to the part where it thrusts, but it could inquire about various up-to-date information
tgsxb207.jpg

tgsxb208.jpg

tgsxb209.jpg

tgsxb210.jpg

tgsxb211.jpg

tgsxb212.jpg

No "Saved Films" option on the title screen! Oh nos!

The snow in Lockout looks like it could be cool.

Edit: The new UI, with the horizontal draping shield bar is pretty neat too.

Edit 2: Wait a sec.... Vertical split screen for on widescreen TVs! Hot!

What is this?

By the fact that you apply Halo 2 "making use of the serial number which bundled is done in the first shipment amount, the KUBRICK figure of the master chief hits
tgsxb206.jpg

Ryu

What is this?

Kubrick's are lego type figures fairly popular in Japan. They have ones for MGS2, Star Wars, and various other licenses. That is a Kubrick 1000% of a normal one so I assume there will be a set of Halo 2 Kubrick figures pretty soon.

Sai

So I guess that's closer to what the HUD's gonna look like when the game ships, eh?

It's simple, but I like it.

GhaleonEB

Sai said:
So I guess that's closer to what the HUD's gonna look like when the game ships, eh?

It's simple, but I like it.

Yeah, it's very 'clean' - has the same streamlined vibe of the new title screen. I like it very much. There a huge amount of information, but the screen is very uncluttered.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
the horizontal shield is a lot better than what it was running up the side.

Thanks bungie :D that was my one minor complaint :)

SyNapSe

Wario64 said:
Shouldn't we be getting the cool bonus offers? :|

No crap, this is getting to be lame. I say fuck all this crazy japanese support. Give us bundle packs with 3 games + Xbox Live, etc.. I want a badass Master Chief err doll thingie too! :\

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
What's happening with online co-op campaign? Is this still planned? What details can you provide?

Frank O'Connor: We're simply not discussing campaign at this time, but more information will be released soon.

From TXB Interview from today

Sai

Joe, the second image is indeed from Burial Mounds, but the screenshots from last night were from a multiplayer map called "Ascension". It's been confirmed.

Joe said:
ok so this screenshot says "oddball, burial grounds"
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20040924/tgsxb209.jpg

and this is the shot of oddball, burial grounds
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20040924/tgsxb211.jpg

so i guess its safe to assume that those 2 new screenshots from last night were indeed burial mounds.

Supposedly they are from a map called Ascension which we previously have not seen. Burial Mounds having been seen in the first multiplayer screenshot so many months ago.

GhaleonEB

Sai said:
Joe, the second image is indeed from Burial Mounds, but the screenshots from last night were from a multiplayer map called "Ascension". It's been confirmed.

That's the first I've heard of the level name, but it's definately not burial mounds.

From Bungie.net:

Two new shots. One new map. Yes, that's right, contrary to popular theories, this is NOT Burial Mounds. This is a brand new never-before-seen map.

http://www.bungie.net/News/Story.aspx?link=3AA258A7-E293-4FB5-9C7A-0F4A591B58EA

The structure in one of the shots above is the same as in one of the new official shots, so it's safe to say Frankie was showing at least one new level.

PanopticBlue said:
You sure about that? Look closely up there, every shot on a 16:9 screen they have you can tell the image is stretched.

i'm sorry but that's idiotic... why would bungie not have the game display 16*9, then at most of the events have it shows distorted on 16*9 screens?... and it's not streeching it at all.. what are you looking at??..... baka..

quin

No 16:9 support by the looks of things. Damn, I can't believe they didn't get that in there after all this time. :(

they might, if u look they are all playing on 4x3 tv's and those wide plasma's are just showing what they are playing so maybe they are? i hope

quin

i'm sorry but that's idiotic... why would bungie not have the game display 16*9, then at most of the events have it shows distorted on 16*9 screens?... and it's not streeching it at all.. what are you looking at??..... baka.

that radar isn't a perfect circle...

truesayian said:
i'm sorry but that's idiotic... why would bungie not have the game display 16*9, then at most of the events have it shows distorted on 16*9 screens?... and it's not streeching it at all.. what are you looking at??..... baka..

Don't call me baka when you don't even know what you're talking about.. look closely in particular at the shot where Frank is pointing at the screen. You can see that the image is stretched from the center outward. It's called 4:3 expanded on my tv. It's actually a nice stretch mode where it only stretches the sides of the screen, and the middle portion is not stretched (or maybe just very slightly). You can tell that's whats going here:

tgsxb209.jpg

Also, on the show floor, they have the game being displayed on 16:9 tvs (above the tvs they are actually gaming on, which happen to be 4:3) however, they are all using the simple 4:3 (non-stretched) mode. So next time don't be so quick to call someone a baka lest you look like the idiot yourself:

tgsxb202.jpg

GhaleonEB said:
Mega-baka.

The shot with Frankie pointing just plain isn't stretched. Look a the text, warthog - it's all perfectly proportional, as is the title scree and other screens he's showing. Jeez - are you BLIND?

As for the show floor, the shots with Frankie are from a private press showing, the TV's on the show floor are obviously setup differently.

It would be obvious if it were stretched - it's not. Stop trying to come up with something to flame about. Gah.

And look at the text in the image you posted. The Japanese text from the center to the edge is perfectly proportionate. No change.

You can't be fucking serious. Look CLOSELY. Read my post CLOSELY. You can see CLEARLY the image is stretched FROM THE CENTER OUTWARDS. And yes, that includes the jp text. And I'm not "trying to come up with something to flame about". Halo 2 just happens to be my single most anticipated game. No 16:9 support is a legitimate concern, not a flame or a troll.

quin

i don't think you guys have played halo on a widescreen tv have you? It is really hard to tell with text and objects but that radar is suppossed to be a circle and it isn't a circle when frank is playing. from looking at those pics they aren't in widescreen i hope it is in widescreen but what they all are playing is not widescreen
and what PanopticBlue said they way most streches on widescreen tv's use to display non 16x9 images is a stretch that tries to keep the center as square as possible while stretching the sides...

quin

i hope this just means there is a shortage of hi-def packs in Japan or Frank doesn't know what he's doing? :p hee-hee

Top Bottom