• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(TGS22 Overview) Xbox at TGS

anthony2690

Banned
TGS22 Overview:

Persona 5 Royal (October 2022, game pass)

Ni No Kuni Remastered (TODAY game pass, play this game!)

Ni No Kuni 2 (game pass)

Danganronpa 3 (game pass today)

Guilty Gear Strive (2023 game pass)

Blazblue Cross Tag Battle special edition (2023 game pass)

Wo Long (2023 game pass)

Eiyuden hundred heroes (2023 game pass)

Overwatch 2 new Japanese Hero (October 4th free to play)

Deathloop (game pass September 20th)

Pal World (Pokémon with guns, wtf?)

Assassin's Creed Odyssey (game pass September 15th)

Fuga: Melodies of Steel 2 (2023)

Fuga Melodies of Steel (game pass)

https://youtu.be/UD003Da8gmY
Exoprimal Story Trailer (think I hit a media cap)

Sword & Fairy 7

Will update, as I continue through the show with trailers when they are uploaded.

Edit: Partnership with Kojipro & From Software and various other Japanese Devs mentioned. :)

Last edited:

Orbital2060

Wo Long; camera and movement looks great to play with

A touch of Sekiro in main character and setting. Same but different.gif

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Still no Final Fantasy VII Remake though.

Face Smile GIF

anthony2690

Banned
Paying off in what way? Late ports on GP? Sequels not coming to Xbox after launching on GP?
That's sqaure enix, who are weird as hell with Xbox in general.

But it's paying off as we are getting games we never thought we would see on Xbox and more Japanese games in general.

I never thought I'd see blazblue cross tag battle, Yakuza series, guilty gear strive, persona series, ni no kuni and various other ips on Xbox.

I'm really looking forward to replaying ni no kuni later today :)

It's something myself and others are pretty excited about.

It's a big step forward in the right direction.

Last edited:

KingT731

That's sqaure enix, who are weird as hell with Xbox in general.

But it's paying off as we are getting games we never thought we would see on Xbox and more Japanese games in general.

I never thought I'd see blazblue cross tag battle, Yakuza series, guilty gear strive, persona series, ni no kuni and various other ips on Xbox.

I'm really looking forward to replaying ni no kuni later today :)

It's something myself and others are pretty excited about.

It's a big step forward in the right direction.
I can't say it's just SE though. I've seen the Achievements on Xbox and it was like .58% finished the game (completed with 1 character). And there's achievements for playing for 10 hours and that was at 12.8% massively lower than the steam version but I give it some slack bc GP...the engagement for some games just isn't there.

Also I have an active PC GP sub just fyi.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

I mean at this point we have games from Atlus, Spike Chunsoft, Cyberconnect, Koei Tecmo, Arc System Works, Sega.

All that’s missing is NIS, Gust and SE, two of which I can certainly live without.

Compare that to last gen and the progress made is tremendous. We are still far from full parity but that’s quite the achievement already.

anthony2690

Banned
I mean at this point we have games from Atlus, Spike Chunsoft, Cyberconnect, Koei Tecmo, Arc System Works, Sega.

All that’s missing is NIS, Gust and SE, two of which I can certainly live without.

Compare that to last gen and the progress made is tremendous. We are still far from full parity but that’s quite the achievement already.
Don't forget marvelous, they are releasing no more heroes 3, loop 8 and more on Xbox :)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Don't forget marvelous, they are releasing no more heroes 3, loop 8 and more on Xbox :)

Fantastic stuff for fans of Japanese games on the platform.

KingT731

Since Phil been putting in work in Japan Sony has lost Yakuza, Persona and Dragon quest to name a few high profile exclusives....and they've all come to gamepass when released.

Shits huge
Lost? Those games are still on PS. Sega and their divisions in particular have been asking if people wanted those games as multiplatform for nearly 6 years. MS paying just sped up the process

yazenov

I mean, most of these games are old and have been out on other platforms for years already. Its like the Japanese publishers are throwing scraps at the Xbox and showing the bear minimum of "support"

Lognor

Banned
I mean, most of these games are old and have been out on other platforms for years already. Its like the Japanese publishers are throwing scraps at the Xbox and showing the bear minimum of "support"
The bear minimum? You know there isn't a "port to xbox" button that magically develops the game, right? It still takes time to port a game. Phil doing great work getting these deals done. And on game pass!! Best deal in gaming just got better

Top Bottom