• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thank the team for saving my sanity

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Great Job Yes GIF by Hollywood Suite

Mozza

Thank you, I was almost running out of dumb shit to say to fit in with the other narcissists in the MS/ABK thread anyway. But i would like the offer a final suggestion towards MS, just drop cloudgaming.
Who would want to play COD with that latency anway
Not sure anyone has actually saved your sanity. ;)

Banned
Geforce Now already can have less latency than consoles. WTH are you in, OP?

it often doesn't tho. Modern Warfare 2 on Series X has ~40ms of latency at 60fps, and around 26ms at 120fps.
Geforce Now has around 30ms of latency at 120fps if you're lucky, now you have to add the game's own engine latency on top of those 30ms base latency that only accounts for the stream itself

from what I've seen with Apex Legends tests for example, the PS5 version at 60fps has about the same input lag as the Geforce Now stream at 120fps.

so basically you need to run double the framerates to reach the same input latency numbers as a well optimised console version.
thst last part of the sentence is key tho, as some console versions of games have significantly higher latency due to bad developer decisions like pushing the GPU too hard to its limits, or having a bad vsync setup.

Last edited:
Top Bottom