• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thanos vs Darkseid

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

I knew you would show up

The first time i stood up and cursed in shock. That scene and the following it were pure gold.

BECAUSE It's so true isn't it Parallax? No matter how much galactic sized muscle they flex they'll never be King. They lack any cleverness, they couldn't win a game to save their life.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
BECAUSE It's so true isn't it Parallax? No matter how much galactic sized muscle they flex they'll never be King. They lack any cleverness, they couldn't win a game to save their life.

Maybe, but really because slay referred to himself as king of games, and that was like turning on the fex signal

ReiGun

Anyone can win a card game when they have a magic puzzle and otherworldly luck.

Yugi was a bitch. Skating by on supernatural forces. "Heart of the Cards"? Please. Meanwhile, Kaiba is out here, grinding. Putting together the best strats, getting the best cards, putting his life on the line everyday for this duel shit. Not to mention putting together tournaments for all the world's greats to enjoy. What has Yugi given back to the duel community? Not a damn thing.

Plus, Kaiba's trenchcoat game was always on point.

YugiandKaiba.jpg

Shitting on Yugi.

Thanos man, who does he think he is with his fancy sparkly glove, Michael Jackson or some shit? Darkseid will rip him a new one.

G-Fex

why did pyramid of light bomb in the theaters?

world wasn't ready yet. Still better than John Carter.

Anyone can win a card game when they have a magic puzzle and otherworldly luck.

Yugi was a bitch. Skating by on supernatural forces. "Heart of the Cards"? Please. Meanwhile, Kiba is out here, grinding. Putting together the best strats, getting the best cards, putting his life on the line everyday for this duel shit. Not to mention putting together tournaments for all the world's greats to enjoy. What has Yugi given back to the duel community? Not a damn thing.

Please, Kaiba's trenchcoat game was always on point.

YugiandKaiba.jpg

Shitting on Yugi.

This post is full of so much fail. Ancient Pharaoh with no name, possessing and winning.

ReiGun

This post is full of so much fail. Ancient Pharaoh with no name, possessing and winning.

Possessing a poor, teen boy as a means to wield his dark magic in a children's card game. Winning using superpowers and trickery. What a great role model.

Not to mention the company he keeps. Joey Wheeler? Some street punk with a deck based on the same ridiculous luck as his friend? These are not the sort of duelist young up and comers should be looking up to.

akira28

According to Wiki, apparently Thanos won a bunch of times with the Infinity Gauntlet and Mistress Death finally got with him. He later recreated the Universe, and I think embraced his own death so he could be with Death. I dunno if he's been resurrected since though.

And yeah that's Darkseid's thing. He likes to let you know that you can't escape, because when you come home, he'll be on your couch, using up all your expensive consumables. He's the New God of Death. Thanos is just a Mad Titan, sort of a demi-God, but still he did pull off the Infinity Gauntlet caper. Eventually.

G-Fex

You're on my punch list. That's about it.

cute

Possessing a poor, teen boy as a means to wield his dark magic in a children's card game. Winning using superpowers and trickery. What a great role model.

Not to mention the company he keeps. Joey Wheeler? Some street punk with a deck based on the same ridiculous luck as his friend? These are not the sort of duelist young up and comers should be looking up to.

Its called cheating, deal with it

WHOMEVER THEY ARE, PURPLE OR GREY SKINNED FREAK. "Powerful cosmic entities?"

They would lose to me. The King of Games.

Yet Thanos beat The Grandmaster. The ultimate gamesman.
147297-112118-grandmaster_large.jpg

And of course, once Thanos got the Gauntlet, he would just wipe Yu-gi Oh from existence. For he is a loving god.

ReiGun

That's different. Hawkeye cheated to protect the world, as is the duty of an Avenger. Yugi cheats for personal glory. It's shameful.

Penguin

Fuck no. No way in fuck. Darkseid has the personality of a tree stump. Thanos could be a dolt armed with a rattle and he'd be cooler than Darkseid.

I.. don't get this...

When people label comic character's personalities.. I just think I read the wrong stories.. or that they've read the wrong stories.

Darkseid is an interesting and complex character when used properly. And I think he is one of the DC character who tends to be since he doesn't show up every other day to pose a threat.

His role in Final Crisis... even in the early run of Morrison's JLA is amazing.

Thanos not only wiped out half the population of the universe with a flick of his fingers, but he also took on all the remaining super heroes by setting himself at a lower power level just to show how boss he is.

infinity-gauntlet-heroes-attack.jpg

Thanos wins. Cmon, that pose is the perfect "Come at me, bro!"

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I.. don't get this...

When people label comic character's personalities.. I just think I read the wrong stories.. or that they've read the wrong stories.

Darkseid is an interesting and complex character when used properly. And I think he is one of the DC character who tends to be since he doesn't show up every other day to pose a threat.

His role in Final Crisis... even in the early run of Morrison's JLA is amazing.

He is stoic and one dimensional. What's not to get there. He's the prototypical 'oh hey look at me im the super powerful mundane dude'. If you took Luthor and stripped him of all ambition and creativity and replaced it with power youd get Darkseid.

KillGore

Can't someone make a thread for these "VS" characters? I love these kinds of topics and I know people are starting to hate the amount of topics similar to this one.

mjc

Besides Darkseid's Omega Beams, I don't see a way that he could beat Thanos. Thanos simply has too much going for him in sheer power.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Thanos does evil shit to impress a girl

Darkseid is.
You deserve some IceCream for this post.

On topic
DarkSeid takes this, Thanos doesnt stand a chance....the Omega Effect takes Thanos out in 2 seconds.

Superman(who is faster than Thanos) getting caught by the Omega Effect:

Hal Jordan with his energy shield on(which is more resilient that Thanos being) getting pulverized in one panel:

P.S Diana in the Super Seven was just too cute, i had to find and use this picture....I think im in love with New 52 Diana...time to go buy some of her comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom