• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

That white people dancing gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahasverus

If she's colombian she's definiely not white. My skin is far lighter than hers, but my brother's is almost black, we have no "pure" whites in here.
Now, see the way she moves? That's what I was talking about, grace.

Damerman

She is pretty much the whitest looking person ever. White people can tan.

you see? this is why i hate talking about race... look at her facial features... you can hardly call them white phenotype features. Her lips her eyes and her nose and bone structure. My sister is paler than a lot of white people, but we are half black... does that mean she is white? no.

Syriel

Daniella Osorio is Columbian dude. Columbia is not Spain.

Columbia was founded by...Spanish colonists.

Columbians can be of native ancestry, European, African, etc.

Race and ethnicity are two different things which are not exclusionary.

To make the claim that a white person cannot be Latino and that a Latino cannot be white is simply incorrect.

rexor0717

If she's colombian she's definiely not white. My skin is far lighter than hers, but my brother's is almost black, we have no "pure" whites in here.
Now, see the way she moves? That's what I was talking about, grace.

lol there isn't any grace to be found. She's just shaking her butt, how is that any different?

You can be white and Latino. You can be black and Latino. You could also be mixed and Latino. Heck, you could be Asian, Latino, white, and American all at once. Which identity you choose to focus on or more closely identify with is another matter.

Ahasverus

Columbia was founded by...Spanish colonists.

Columbians can be of native ancestry, European, African, etc.

Race and ethnicity are two different things which are not exclusionary.

To make the claim that a white person cannot be Latino and that a Latino cannot be white is simply incorrect.
You're completely incorrect. Colombia was not a colony per se, we descent from spanish people, but ALSO from indigenous population, and that's in a major, major proportion. We are probably the most mixed race population in the world, you're so, so wrong.
lol there isn't any grace to be found. She's just shaking her butt, how is that any different?
No rehearsal, no complex unnatural moves, spontaneously harmonious.

Damerman

Daniela-Lopez-Osorio-1.jpg

this is about as Metisse as it gets.

Dennis

Banned
Yeah, and there were a lot of people that lived there already when the Spanish came. Fun fact, Mexico was also founded by Spanish colonists and no one thinks Mexicans are white.

There are Mexicans who are white if their Spanish colonist ancestors didn't marry any of the original people of Mexico but other white people.

Dennis

Banned
Race has absolutely nothing to do with nationality.

If I was born in Japan by two white parents and had Japanese citizenship I would still be white and not asian.

Ahasverus

Race has absolutely nothing to do with nationality.

If I was born in Japan by two white parents and had Japanese citizenship I would still be white and not asian.
And? Her surnames are LOPEZ GONZALES, the most latino surnames ever.

There are no "pure bloodline" people here in Colombia not counting immigrants, because a "pure line" is completely impossible to keep here, we'e all mixed, have a visit one day or two, I know you're from Denmark and all and it might sound alien, but here it is a completely different world.

Syriel

You're completely incorrect. Colombia was not a colony per se, we descent from spanish people, but ALSO from indigenous population, and that's in a major, major proportion. We are probably the most mixed race population in the world, you're so, so wrong.

No rehearsal, no complex unnatural moves, spontaneously harmonious.

New Grenada was formed by invading Spaniards and was very much a colony. Bogota was the capital. Independence didn't happen until just over 3 centuries later. Territories seceded over the years, until you end up with the territory of current day Columbia.

I suppose you could say that the current incarnation of the Columbian government was never a Spanish colony, but the territory it makes up most certainly was ruled by Spain for more than 300 years (which is longer than the current Columbian government has existed).

Given all this, I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that I was wrong. Unless you're disputing any of the facts listed above?

Ahasverus

New Grenada was formed by invading Spaniards and was very much a colony. Bogota was the capital. Independence didn't happen until just over 3 centuries later. Territories seceded over the years, until you end up with the territory of current day Columbia.

I suppose you could say that the current incarnation of the Columbian government was never a Spanish colony, but the territory it makes up most certainly was ruled by Spain for more than 300 years (which is longer than the current Columbian government has existed).

Given all this, I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that I was wrong. Unless you're disputing any of the facts listed above?
In those 3 centuries the race became super mixed. Unless you're disputing this

Genetic research with over 60,000 blood tests and 25 variables, determined that the average Colombian has an admixture of 65% European, 22% native Amerindian and 13% African ancestry,
I repeat, there are no pure native white people in Colombia, it's statistically impossible, and Daniela Lopez is totally not white, at all, she doesn't even look like it,
I don't know where this is coming from. Of course I'm talking with the often used definition of white which means "white genes", if we talk about skin color, yeah, she's like white tanned, but that would make me white too, and for most, white people don't have black siblings.

Syriel

Yeah, and there were a lot of people that lived there already when the Spanish came. Fun fact, Mexico was also founded by Spanish colonists and no one thinks Mexicans are white.

There are plenty of white Mexicans. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Mexico has a mixed population, much like the US.

Looking at some of the people in the other gifs and looking at her, she doesn't look white to me at all. She looks Latina, which isn't white.

"Latino" or "Hispanic" isn't a race, dude.

Hispanic Americans and Latino Americans (Spanish: hispanos [isˈpanos], latinos) are an ethnolinguistic group of Americans with genealogical origins in the countries of Latin America and Spain.[More generally it includes all persons in the United States who self-identify as Hispanic or Latino whether fully or partially. Hispanics form an ethnicity sharing a language (Spanish) and cultural heritage, rather than a race.

There are white latinos, mixed latinos and black latinos.

The concept you and most of people from North America have is inaccurate and stereotypical at best.

Or are you gonna argue that Guillermo del Toro or the musician Pitbull aren't white?

Syriel

In those 3 centuries the race became super mixed. Unless you're disputing this

I repeat, there are no pure native white people in Colombia, it's statistically impossible, and Daniela Lopez is totally not white, at all, she doesn't even look like it,
I don't know where this is coming from. Of course I'm talking with the often used definition of white which means "white genes", if we talk about skin color, yeah, she's like white tanned, but that would make me white too, and for most, white people don't have black siblings.

There is no such thing as a "pure native white person" anywhere in America. There are also no such thing as "pure white genes." There are certain physical traits which are associated with different regions of the world, but pretty much everyone is of mixed ancestry.

Race is not a scientific biological concept, but rather a social construct.

If Daniela Lopez is in the US, she's going to be considered white by the vast majority of the population. The photos shown here make her look no different than a typical Midwestern girl from middle America.

Again, white and latin are not mutually exclusive. Some quick examples:

Alexis Bledel (Gilmore Girls)
Alexis-Bledel-alexis-bledel-16388370-317-400.jpg

Rebecca Black (dat Friday song)
Rebecca+Black+Premiere+Walt+Disney+Pictures+LstiMS6a1HQl.jpg

Sonya Smith (Cara Sucia)
sonya_smith.jpg

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
That's only a recent change though, maybe in the last decade or so. Ask a lot of people where I'm from (NM) and they'll tell you that Latino is definitely not white.

Besides, I find it interesting that people are so quick to call her white or white Hispanic because she's beautiful, as if she couldn't possibly be anything but white. lol

Daniella Lopez Osorio is Columbian dude. Columbia is not Spain.

Man . . . what am I reading.

To put it simply, Latinos can be of various types of genealogical decent. I think I understand where you guys are coming from, since race and ethnicity are understood differently from place to place. (I'm Latino, too. :eek:)

If your understanding of "white" means American or European, then she is not that, but that term goes further in different locations.

In any case, let's just say that she's a woman of various ethnic origins, which includes European (aka "white"/Caucasian) and native Latin American and whatever else there may be.

way more

Fuck you uptight suckahs. Flood this shit with fun shit, not uptight crap.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
ib2A8UECACvXBt.gif
qsgnciokpbtn.gif
1HG2xhR.gif
Jawbbi0.gif
pcFDTxd.gif
HyG0Ar3.gif
JCogdFy.gif

Aliens, blacks, spongebobs, italians and Jews allowed! No Laplanders please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom