• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazing Race Canada |OT| Bodybreak

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpeg

The Amazing Race now has a Canadian version hosted by Olympic gold-medalist Jon Montgomery.
Thousands of teams entered, but only one team will run away with the historic grand prize for “The Amazing Race Canada.” Including a $250,000 cash payout, the prize also features the opportunity to fly free for a year for two anywhere Air Canada flies worldwide (175 destinations) in Executive First Class (based on 10 trips for two), and two 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingrays. In total, the prize is valued at 167,224 hockey pucks, 178,572 cans of beer, and 33,356 half-litre jars of pure Canadian maple syrup.

600x338_TARC_Montgomery_sig.aspx

The Cast:

Vanessa Morgan and Celina Mziray - Sisters

Tim Hague Sr. and Tim Hague Jr. - Father and Son

Freakin' Hal Johnson and Joanne McLeod - Married Fitness Icons

Brett Burstein and Holly Agostino - Married Doctors

Jamie Cumberland and Pierre Cadieux - Best Friends

Jet Black and Dave Schram - Best Friends

Treena Ley and Tennille Dorrington - Twin Sisters

Kristen Idiens and Darren Trapp - Dating

Jody Mitic and Cory Mitic - Brothers

Mondays at 9pm on CTV

FrsDvl

I hope Jet gets eliminated soon. I can't stand the guy, I don't know why... I hope the gay cowboys win though, or the hippies, or maybe the 2 brothers. That guy is awesome on his fake legs!

I have a huge crush on Jon Montgomery, so I'll be tuning in for him.

...and I'll be staying for Jet Black. I said damn!

RC

Banned
Hal Johnson and Joanne McLeod are competing in this!? Suddenly my interest has gone from zero to body break.

Rickard

Clear something up for me: Is it true that the entire race takes place in Canada? Do they never visit other countries?

I do love me my Amazing Races.

I'll probably get started on watching this once I clear out some of my backlog of other shows first.

It's been pretty enjoyable so far. No really jerky teams so far, (Canada!) and I don't think the fact that's it only takes place in Canada has been really as much of a hindrance as I thought it might be. (Multiculturalism!)

I'm still totally team Jet/Dave, they're the goofy kind of dudebros, as opposed to the douchey kind, so that's good. And Jet is hot as hell. (When he was is the speed skating outfit? YES PLEASE.) Hal & Joanne are pretty awesome too, they are in beast mode right now.

Also, Jon Montgomery is doing a great job as the host so far. So handsome and personable. *swoon*

Bigfoot

I loved how the doctors were talking about "integrity" shortly after they hide the maps in a book store so the other teams can't find them.

Finally got around to watching all the episodes that have aired already and I like it.

Being in Canada only definitely hasn't been as limiting as I thought it would have been and it definitely feels a lot better after the first episode.

I oddly enough like most of the teams which is pretty rare for this show.

The host is doing a great job too.

I also like all the Canadian sites I'm seeing here.

Fey

Banned
dat karma. If the hippies gave the express pass to the doctors instead of the girls like they had agreed they would, they would probably still be in the race. Doctors were so far ahead they would have no use for the pass and the girls would have struggled with the task.

So, this fell out of favor with everyone already?

I just finished watching the first season. I knew Canada was big, but I never really realized how big. The country is gorgeous. I've only ever been to Niagara Falls 3 times and Toronto twice. Only the smallest sample, however, I loved my time in Toronto, amazing place. I guess I'll have to see more of the country going forward.

Spoiler alert - Very happy with who won! congrats to
Tim and Tim!

Bigfoot

I enjoyed it. Canada has a lot of variety and the show kept the same Amazing Race feel as the US show. None of the contestants annoyed the hell out of me like half the ones on the US show usually do either. Could be editing or maybe Canadians are just nicer.

If you are an AR fan, the Canadian edition is worth a watch. Just think of it as a mini edition.

I also thought it was pretty ironic that the Body Break guys lost on an althletic challenge!

Edit: I guess this got good ratings in Canada as they are doing a second season.

I enjoyed it. Canada has a lot of variety and the show kept the same Amazing Race feel as the US show. None of the contestants annoyed the hell out of me like half the ones on the US show usually do either. Could be editing or maybe Canadians are just nicer.

If you are an AR fan, the Canadian edition is worth a watch. Just think of it as a mini edition.

I also thought it was pretty ironic that the Body Break guys lost on an althletic challenge!

Edit: I guess this got good ratings in Canada as they are doing a second season.

Yep, of course, no one is ever gonna out Phil, Phil. The host did a good job.

Also, the team I want to win never ends up winning, but they finally did this time so I was pretty happy about that too.

I thought being constrained to one country would really hurt the show, but with how large Canada is, and how diverse things are all the way across, it didn't let me down. Tons of Air travel for them too.

Oh, and awesome about a 2nd season!

Is it me or are the challenges harder in Canada? I haven't watched the last few eps though.

Yeah, there were some pretty tough ones later on, but nothing too much harder for the regular race that I noticed.

Yep, of course, no one is ever gonna out Phil, Phil. The host did a good job.

Also, the team I want to win never ends up winning, but they finally did this time so I was pretty happy about that too.

I thought being constrained to one country would really hurt the show, but with how large Canada is, and how diverse things are all the way across, it didn't let me down. Tons of Air travel for them too.

Oh, and awesome about a 2nd season!

Yeah, there were some pretty tough ones later on, but nothing too much harder for the regular race that I noticed.

It got renewed? Awesome! I enjoyed this season a lot. Amazing Race used to be my favorite competition reality but just got tied of it. This was my first season in a couple of years

It got renewed? Awesome! I enjoyed this season a lot. Amazing Race used to be my favorite competition reality but just got tied of it. This was my first season in a couple of years

I used to remember loving Road Rules from MTV.

At least the first couple seasons, then they started doing the Road Rules/Real World challenges which were just sad comparatively.

Amazing Race is still pretty good each season. This Canada version was a breath of fresh air though. So many great places in just one country. I wouldn't mind seeing more of this pop up, honestly.

RS4-

Yeah, maybe it was just the editing as well. But the line dancing one stood out, along with the memory ones, especially the newfie story telling.

and the busking. What kind of challenge is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom