• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazing Test: Bricked! [Tested.com Star Wars Lego Build Video Series]

Status
Not open for further replies.

yonder

So one of the challenges is going to be an episode where they have to build with one hand tied behind their back, right?
Yeah, that popped into my head, too.

Also, it's more fun to watch you guys when you're having a conversation rather than speaking to yourselves. Having a couple of things lined up to talk about is a good idea. It's understandable to focus on one's own build and think out loud since it's a competition and all, but it's definitely more entertaining when you're interacting. Love the videos so far :)

zam

Also, it's more fun to watch you guys when you're having a conversation rather than speaking to yourselves. Having a couple of things lined up to talk about is a good idea. It's understandable to focus on one's own build and think out loud since it's a competition and all, but it's definitely more entertaining when you're interacting. Love the videos so far :)
I agree, maybe print out some Star Wars trivia questions and see who can answer the most. On top of that the winner could get one of the bonuses you guys talked about in Episode 0, or the loser gets to build with only one hand or somesuch.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'd love to know how much LEGO we've helped sell. I've received so many tweets and messages from people who have gone out and bought sets!

well, paying $50 for a year's membership has actually cost Lego a set..

The Tower Bridge really shows how much the Star Wars prices are jacked up. $240 for 4000 pieces vs $400 for 3000 pieces.

Tower bridge has a lot of tiny pieces compared to the Super Star Destroyer for instance. And licensing..

mrklaw

MrArseFace
You want the Expedition.

not much difference really. I bought the Adventure before anything was noticed, and the external fuel tank is fine. I contacted customer services and they sent me out a service pack with the different parts, which basically fills in the centre of the tank with solid lego.

I actually prefer adventure as I find the exposed landing gear in expedition a bit ugly. Get Adventure and then ring up lego and get the service pack sent to you for free.

I love the attention to detail. Retractable landing gear, opening cargo bay doors. Articulating robot arm, satellite that not only attaches to the robot arm with extended solar panels, but it folds up and fits in the cargo bay. Nice.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
not much difference really. I bought the Adventure before anything was noticed, and the external fuel tank is fine. I contacted customer services and they sent me out a service pack with the different parts, which basically fills in the centre of the tank with solid lego.

I actually prefer adventure as I find the exposed landing gear in expedition a bit ugly. Get Adventure and then ring up lego and get the service pack sent to you for free.

I love the attention to detail. Retractable landing gear, opening cargo bay doors. Articulating robot arm, satellite that not only attaches to the robot arm with extended solar panels, but it folds up and fits in the cargo bay. Nice.

Talking about this?

Adventure
Expedition
Hm, Adventure actually does look better.

The front of the Expedition looks better tho.
Adventure
Expedition

The big grey things on the Expedition tank looks ugly tho.

lol this is too complicated

mrklaw

MrArseFace
can't see the differences at the front?

and those grey things are UGLY. Didnt' get those in my service pack. With that applied the fuel tank is rock solid.

If Tested are still doing challenges and forfeits for this, one of the guys should be forced to build with one of these on their build tables for 30 minutes...

qyNQJl.jpg

Seems like it could maddening (and fun).

Aaron

When they have only like five minutes to go, Ryan should come in and ask them a bunch of annoying questions. Kind of like the host on those cooking challenge shows.

Majine

Banned
I wonder if its against the rules for them to have the instructions in pdf on an ipad. Seems abit more convenient.

SmokyDave

I wonder if its against the rules for them to have the instructions in pdf on an ipad. Seems abit more convenient.

It's not, really. I downloaded PDF's of all my sets when I first got my iPad but in practice, the paper manuals are quicker. Lots of zooming needed on the iPad.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It's not, really. I downloaded PDF's of all my sets when I first got my iPad but in practice, the paper manuals are quicker. Lots of zooming needed on the iPad.

same. Paper just works better, especially for large sets like that. You can align pieces on it, touch it etc.

Although ipad is fantastic for building sets you don't have instructions for. My Cafe Corner build is basically on hold until ipad 3 comes out (currently ipad-less)

Lombaszko

I went out and bought the Lego Duplo starter set for my two year old. We've been playing with it for an hour so far, he loves it! I can't wait until he gets a little older and we can do more sets.

Chris R

I really wish this wasn't a race. I'm enjoying it (and thinking about buying some stupid expensive kits) but think it might be better if Will and Norm weren't so stressed out trying to beat each other going as fast as they can. The back and forth banter is great though, I just play the video on my phone while working and listen to the audio, checking out the screen from time to time.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I really wish this wasn't a race. I'm enjoying it (and thinking about buying some stupid expensive kits) but think it might be better if Will and Norm weren't so stressed out trying to beat each other going as fast as they can. The back and forth banter is great though, I just play the video on my phone while working and listen to the audio, checking out the screen from time to time.

Yeah I find all the "fake outtakes" style discussion very entertaining. The balance of Lego vs. random conversation has been perfect to me so far.

Forget taking pieces away, if you add a few extra so that he has pieces left over you may drive him insane wondering if he screwed up.

willsmith

I'm not averse to making it not a race. We thought you guys would like the race aspect. I'll start a poll on the Tested boards.

I'm really enjoying myself and would love to prolong this as much as possible.

eznark

Banned
I'm not averse to making it not a race. We thought you guys would like the race aspect. I'll start a poll on the Tested boards.

I'm really enjoying myself and would love to prolong this as much as possible.

Nah, it needs to be a race for the tension, plus, Norm would treat it like a race no matter what. Pretty much all the funny banter so far has been related to you guys taking digs at each other which makes no sense without the competitive aspect.

When are these shot? They seem to go up very early
they shoot 3 at the time, so in 1.5 hour bits.
And just cut them in 3 and put them up 6AM PST. Because the rest of the world is wide awake/getting of work in a few hours.

[edit] bwhahahhahahahaha the
3D glasses :D:D:D

zam

Watching this episode I reallly feel the competition aspect should stay, otherwise we wouldn't get Norm freaking out (as much).

Also I can just imagine Vinny sitting in the control booth giggling over the
3D glasses

LuchaShaq

Banned
I wonder what other challenges

Gloves (will be disastrous)

1 hand tied behind

An episode where their instructions are taken away (risk building and create a ton of time to tear down or think you know?)

Also wearing 3d glasses in the light that long would make me vomit, gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom