• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Bachelor Season 20 |OT| We're giving you the perfect ten - I mean, perfect Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asbel

Naw I'm still on the Olivia train. I don't get the Amanda hype.

Although, the part where Ben said "a few people I know died in a plane crash" and Olivia went "let me steal you.........so I really hate how my legs look" had me smh.
Perfection is so lame! So lame!

Olivia looked even better this week, at least from what I was able to see from the waist up. But it looks like she's starting to realize Ben doesn't like her as much as she likes him. That is a huge blow to everything she thought she knew. We'll see how she handles it next week.

Lace made a very smart move in leaving and working on herself. She's more attractive when she's happy and smiling.

Perfection is so lame! So lame!

Olivia looked even better this week, at least from what I was able to see from the waist up. But it looks like she's starting to realize Ben doesn't like her as much as she likes him. That is a huge blow to everything she thought she knew. We'll see how she handles it next week.

Lace made a very smart move in leaving and working on herself. She's more attractive when she's happy and smiling.

Seriously Olivia needs to go. I am on the Jubilee bandwagon. I feel for her after everyone ganged up on her over nothing.

wildbite

I'm also loving Jubilee especially after the last episode where she showed how open and honest she is. She's also beautiful.

I'm also loving Jubilee especially after the last episode where she showed how open and honest she is. She's also beautiful.

Agreed. I also relate to her when she makes bad jokes when in an awkward situation. I do that all the time.

The producers are masters of bait and switch. The promos made it seem like Jubilee was the problem when in actuality it was everyone else. Jubilee is in the bathroom after sniffing the drama and Amber is like attacking her. I thought Amber should be the next Bachelorette but now I hope she gets kicked off soon and I think she will because you can tell Ben didn't like what was going on. I kinda wish they didn't show us that incident because now I hate everyone else and I am all in on Jubilee.

There's a Jubilee bandwagon?

I'm trying to think of the last time a black girl got a 1-on-1 date on the Bachelor. Nothing's coming to mind.

With Amber and Jubilee still in, I think this is the farthest we've gone with more than 1 black girl still on the show.

I hope the 2 on 1 is the twin v. other twin.

Asbel

Seriously Olivia needs to go. I am on the Jubilee bandwagon. I feel for her after everyone ganged up on her over nothing.
I'm afraid Jubilee's insecurities will get the best of her. Ben seems to really like when she is comfortable and joking. But she see him with another girl and she falls apart. If she could be the confident girl, she could have a strong shot since her personality stands out.
Agreed. I also relate to her when she makes bad jokes when in an awkward situation. I do that all the time.

The producers are masters of bait and switch. The promos made it seem like Jubilee was the problem when in actuality it was everyone else. Jubilee is in the bathroom after sniffing the drama and Amber is like attacking her. I thought Amber should be the next Bachelorette but now I hope she gets kicked off soon and I think she will because you can tell Ben didn't like what was going on. I kinda wish they didn't show us that incident because now I hate everyone else and I am all in on Jubilee.
Amber is likely the nicest girl in the group. She just doesn't know how to be aggressive. I wanted her to be more aggressive but trying to force a group conversation on Jubilee to help the situation was a terrible move.

Emarv

I LOVE how the editors handled the back half of this episode. Contrasting the real emotions of Jubilee's opening up about her backstory with the superficial in-fighting was so great. Olivia's vapidness at the exact wrong moment was perfect. Lace's tattoo mention at the exact wrong moment.

Love it.

Amber is likely the nicest girl in the group. She just doesn't know how to be aggressive. I wanted her to be more aggressive but trying to force a group conversation on Jubilee to help the situation was a terrible move.

I used to think Amber was great. The rest of the group wasn't that interested in the talk. Amber was the one starting crap. She was almost like a producers plant to start drama. Amber needs to go and I would be fine if this is her last Bachelor/Bachelorette/Paradise foray.

I'm afraid Jubilee's insecurities will get the best of her. Ben seems to really like when she is comfortable and joking. But she see him with another girl and she falls apart. If she could be the confident girl, she could have a strong shot since her personality stands out.

Some dudes are into low self-esteem women. If Ben is sincere about his "not lovable" despite being a handsome man, maybe he has issues as well.

Asbel

I used to think Amber was great. The rest of the group wasn't that interested in the talk. Amber was the one starting crap. She was almost like a producers plant to start drama. Amber needs to go and I would be fine if this is her last Bachelor/Bachelorette/Paradise foray.

Some dudes are into low self-esteem women. If Ben is sincere about his "not lovable" despite being a handsome man, maybe he has issues as well.

Agreed. I can't tell if Ben is into low self esteem but he does not imediately run from it. I think he's into blondes, babyfaces, humor and kind people. I think he's a genuine nice guy who isn't just being nice to hook up, so he's looking for the same in a girl. I think thats the appeal of Amber to him. She's a passive nice girl who tries to get along with everyone. The rest of the group knew better than to confront Jubilee or didn't give a crap about Jubilee. Amber wasn't trying to start crap but it did up up that way.

Asbel

Bachelor spoofed by SNL again.

For those of us who watches this show these spoofs are great.

"I'm black."
"I'll see you out."
"Everyone I know is dead."
"Oh, you had a sad past? You can stay another week."

Jubilee :(

Pretty good but it hit home how old the show is. Or were there two seasons a year? Most of these girls were toddlers when it started.

Well, with Lace gone, Olivia just dominated airtime. I felt bad for that talent show but that teen mom comment, damn, Amandas eyes wanted to choke Olivia out. For being the same age as the twins, the twins are much more mature.

I was wrong about Ben liking Amber and i didnt see Amber falling apart like that. She's an attractive and friendly girl and likely gets hit on a lot as a bartender but it can still be tough out there.

Amanda probably did have her first daughter at 19 but teen moms are 16 and trashy. Amanda has her shot together. Olivia probably didnt even realize she said something offensive sh s so clueless

Hey I'm not saying the 2 on 1 didn't happen, just that a petition would do no good. Keep the dream alive! It may have been filmed! 1 rose, 1 set of twins, 1 of the twins must go.

Hahaha I can't believe they actually did it! Thank you Bachelor Gods. Emily was definitely the better twin, Haley was dry as a rock and not as pretty.

Mah girl Olivia starting to fall apart...sigh. I had such high hopes for her.

Guys, 3 out of the final 4 are pretty much set in stone at this point:
- Lauren B.
- Caila
- Amanda

Again, my prediction is that it comes down to Lauren and Caila in the top two, with Amanda being the big heartbreaker and thus, the next Bachelorette. I have a feeling Lauren H. could be a dark horse for the final 4 based on how they played her up last episode, but I doubt she'd get any further than that.

What's everyone else think?

- Lauren B.
- Caila
- Amanda

Again, my prediction is that it comes down to Lauren and Caila in the top two, with Amanda being the big heartbreaker and thus, the next Bachelorette. I have a feeling Lauren H. could be a dark horse for the final 4 based on how they played her up last episode, but I doubt she'd get any further than that.

Not sure Amanda is likely to make top 4. Going through different blogs, most people think Jojo is a lock for top 4, but I don't like her much myself. General consensus that Lauren B. is likely to win. I still think Becca has a good shot at top 4. Jubilee's a dark horse at this point, no idea how far she will go.

- Lauren B.
- Caila
- Amanda

I'll take Jojo and Jennifer over Amanda (or Lauren H.).

Goddammit they've been good with their rose ceremonies all season. Back to this "to be continued" crap.

I don't know they're doing this to be honest. Guys we're not going to watch 5 weeks then stop watching the show. We'll be here next week. Stop using these lame cliffhangers.

Asbel

Also got some good vines out of this episode:

Leah as Amanda

Cute Emily

Also Lauren B. is 100% winner or Bachelorette at this point. 100%.

Those are great vines. Right now Emily hates Olivia more than she likes Ben, lol.

I can't tell who'll win, I can't even tell how sincere these comments of affection to Ben are with the editing. They seem to come out of nowhere. I think it's great most of the girls get along so well despite dating the same guy. I also think Bens sweet game is on point. Since he seems to like Olivias needeness, I think that attention reassures him and the girls keeping their distance increases their chances of being booted.

Prologue

Can't believe he's keeping the crazy blonde. Is he really that blind or are the producers telling him to keep her around?

Can't believe he's keeping the crazy blonde. Is he really that blind or are the producers telling him to keep her around?

Who, Olivia? I think he genuinely likes her. Besides most of this drama has been between the girls so Ben doesn't know.

Besides I think a lot of it is editing and naivete. I don't think she's that crazy.

Emarv

Not sure how much producer interference was a part of it, but he seemed to see through both Olivia and Leah, which is cool. Dude's pretty smart sometimes. Although Chris Soules makes him seem like Einstein.

Not sure how much producer interference was a part of it, but he seemed to see through both Olivia and Leah, which is cool. Dude's pretty smart sometimes. Although Chris Soules makes him seem like Einstein.

Well one thing's for sure. The producers definitely told Ben to walk with Olivia while carrying the rose to mislead the audience. That caused Olivia to go from Ms. Super Confident to devastation in an instant. I almost felt bad for her...I know vicissitudes did

Well one thing's for sure. The producers definitely told Ben to walk with Olivia while carrying the rose to mislead the audience. That caused Olivia to go from Ms. Super Confident to devastation in an instant. I almost felt bad for her...I know vicissitudes did

Yeah. I have watched enough Bachelor to know it was misdirection. Also I knew when they were going to the island there was going to be a helicopter shot of the loser left there. I know it is coming but I still love it.

Emily is destined to lose but she is my favorite now. She is hilarious.

Lauren B is setup to be the front runner so of course she doesn't actually win.

My money is on Amanda winning.

My favorite part of watching the Bachelor is being in awe of the producers manipulation of clips for the previews to actually surprise the audience.

Yeah, that was pretty fucked up. Like he was playing both of them, since Emily was devastated first, too.

Also, I know who wins, since there's a pic floating around of one of the girls wearing an engagement ring. So be careful about running into that.

Mai girl Olivia :( :( :(

Honestly I think she's a pretty cool girl who is young enough to have said a few dumb things to the camera and they really pummeled her for it. Sadly because I know about the filming process, she was probably left on that island, in a storm; while wearing a bikini, for at least an hour. Feel really bad about how she's been treated.

Leah surprised me too; did not think she would go the mean girls route. Girls be dropping left and right this episode.

Yeah. I have watched enough Bachelor to know it was misdirection. Also I knew when they were going to the island there was going to be a helicopter shot of the loser left there. I know it is coming but I still love it.

Emily is destined to lose but she is my favorite now. She is hilarious.

Lauren B is setup to be the front runner so of course she doesn't actually win.

My money is on Amanda winning.

My favorite part of watching the Bachelor is being in awe of the producers manipulation of clips for the previews to actually surprise the audience.

I think he falls in love with Amanda, but chooses the other girl he falls in love with...
Amanda's kids aren't a deal breaker, but deep down he wants a chance to start his own family from scratch so he goes with the other girl. I don't know who that other girl will be

Who's everyone got exiting next episode? It's starting to get down to the wire, but I think it's pretty obviously the twin. After that it gets dicey.

Boy did that preview look dramatic. My prediction is that Amanda and Lauren B. are the final two. Lauren is the girl that gets out of the limo first - the one that Ben regrets sending home and proposes to over the phone - Amanda is left at the altar and thus, next season's Bachelorette (and with me as a contestant). Thoughts?

Emarv

Who's everyone got exiting next episode? It's starting to get down to the wire, but I think it's pretty obviously the twin. After that it gets dicey.

My guess: Emily out next, then Becca, then Amanda. Top 3: JoJo, Lauren B and Caila.

(I could see JoJo and Amanda switched though)

JB1981

Olivia just played a character on this show. She never liked Ben. Don't feel bad about how they treated her at all.

My guess: Emily out next, then Becca, then Amanda. Top 3: JoJo, Lauren B and Caila.

(I could see JoJo and Amanda switched though)

I would also probably go Emily then Becca. I'm starting to think Amanda top 2 though. Caila probably getting the Bachelorette nod - don't see Becca or Emily or Jojo in that role. Possibly Amanda. Still pretty convinced Lauren takes it.

Olivia just played a character on this show. She never liked Ben. Don't feel bad about how they treated her at all.

Yeah but I don't think Olivia knew that. I think she did like Ben (but not as much as she thought while being in the Bachelor bubble).

Emarv

Caila for sure gets Bachelorette if she doesn't win. She's got the right combination of fun and outgoing while also being pretty good at TV. Can't see anyone else from this season who's better.

Boy did that preview look dramatic. My prediction is that Amanda and Lauren B. are the final two. Lauren is the girl that gets out of the limo first - the one that Ben regrets sending home and proposes to over the phone - Amanda is left at the altar and thus, next season's Bachelorette (and with me as a contestant). Thoughts?

Could happen. It already happened once before where the bachelor sent home a girl at the finale, had second thoughts, then decided he wanted to marry her.

Asbel

Jennifer was hot. Ben just prefers blondes. :(

I was so sure Emily would lose the two on one but glad that didn't happen. Did feel bad for Olivia though. That rejection leaves her questioning everything she believes to be true and that's devastating.

Caila looks like she's afraid of commitment to me how she was saying she didn't want to hurt Ben. Don't think she'll want to be bachelorette. I vote for Emily and Haley duo bachelorettes.

Jennifer was hot. Ben just prefers blondes. :(

I was so sure Emily would lose the two on one but glad that didn't happen. Did feel bad for Olivia though. That rejection leaves her questioning everything she believes to be true and that's devastating.

Caila looks like she's afraid of commitment to me how she was saying she didn't want to hurt Ben. Don't think she'll want to be bachelorette. I vote for Emily and Haley duo bachelorettes.

No offense to the twins but there's just not a lot of....substance to them. I mean, they are attractive identical twins which is neat but that's the best thing they have going for them from a producers standpoint. I don't know if that's enough for them to be co-bachelorettes but who knows

Asbel

No offense to the twins but there's just not a lot of....substance to them. I mean, they are attractive identical twins which is neat but that's the best thing they have going for them from a producers standpoint. I don't know if that's enough for them to be co-bachelorettes but who knows

I'm not sure what you mean but I don't watch enough bachelor to know what the producers look for. Other than not being book smart, the twins are smart enough to get along with the other girls (socially smart), have a sense of humor like in that vine, aren't insecure messes, and have so far been shown to be good people. They have their blonde moments but they're not shallow in character like the stereotype would sugest.

Emarv

Caila looks like she's afraid of commitment to me how she was saying she didn't want to hurt Ben. Don't think she'll want to be bachelorette.

Ben's whole thing last year was how he thought he was "unlovable". I think Caila mirrors that idea pretty well, too. If they asked, I bet she'd say yeah.

Definitely don't care for the twins, personally. But Ben certainly does prefer blondes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom