• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Bachelor Season 20 |OT| We're giving you the perfect ten - I mean, perfect Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildbite

I'm not sure what you mean but I don't watch enough bachelor to know what the producers look for. Other than not being book smart, the twins are smart enough to get along with the other girls (socially smart), have a sense of humor like in that vine, aren't insecure messes, and have so far been shown to be good people. They have their blonde moments but they're not shallow in character like the stereotype would sugest.

The twins seem very sweet when they aren't obsessing over Olivia. My understanding of them is that they aren't as mature as the other girls, but they will get there.

Asbel

The twins seem very sweet when they aren't obsessing over Olivia. My understanding of them is that they aren't as mature as the other girls, but they will get there.

Yeah, I agree and that could keep them from being bachelorettes but they are mature for their age.

Ben's whole thing last year was how he thought he was "unlovable". I think Caila mirrors that idea pretty well, too. If they asked, I bet she'd say yeah.

Definitely don't care for the twins, personally. But Ben certainly does prefer blondes.

Caila seems to be the opposite of unlovable, more like shes not sure she can love. She said she broke up a one year relationship cuz she saw a spark with Ben and now isnt sure about her feelings with Ben. A person who thinks they're unlovable wouldn't think they could break someone's heart.

Asbel

Ben should have known that Becca wasn't someone he would keep over Lauren or Amanda and should have let Becca go when she asked not to be blind sided. He deserved to be slapped for blind siding Becca like that. I say this as someone who's made a similar mistake. I actually didn't realize my mistake until I saw Kirk blind side Carly on the the last Bachelor in Paradise.

Also, Jared should be slapped too. You don't string along someone for 6 months by being their friend when you know they want more.

Asbel

How did Ben blindside Becca? He gave her no validation or signs of interest whatsoever. Becca stay losing.

"should have let Becca go when she asked not to be blind sided"

Keeping someone around is a sign of interest. Giving someone a rose is a sign of interest. Yes, he didn't like her as much as the other girls but that's why he should have let her go during that conversation, instead, he kept her around which gave her the wrong message.

"should have let Becca go when she asked not to be blind sided"

Keeping someone around is a sign of interest. Giving someone a rose is a sign of interest. Yes, he didn't like her as much as the other girls but that's why he should have let her go during that conversation, instead, he kept her around which gave her the wrong message.

He already let Emily go early. He can't also et Becca go early otherwise there is no rose ceremony. This is still a tv show with some rules and limitations, unfortunately.

Ben looks scared with the kids next week

Yeah but Amanda is a lock for next week. Ben cares too much about looking like a nice guy. Would never make it look like he is dropping someone for the kids. He should drop her for that annoying baby voice tho.

My money is on Caila gone next week.

Asbel

First thought, these people be rich.

Second thought, that's a lot of hair tossing.

Third thought, that ending was unexpected.

First thought, these people be rich.

Second thought, that's a lot of hair tossing.

Third thought, that ending was unexpected.

I knew Amanda wouldn't win, but I did think she would be in the final 2. Ben would never admit this on the show due to female backlash, but the kids were a deal breaker. It shouldn't be unreasonable for a 26 year old guy who has not had kids on his own to prefer starting fresh with a woman who has never had kids. However, if he confessed that was the real reason he let Amanda go, he would have lost a lot of female fans.

I work in Hudson, OH all the time (plumber), so it was pretty cool to see some shots from there on national TV.

Seeing Amanda go wasn't a huge surprise. I got the feeling that there was no way he felt ready for kids.

I knew Amanda wouldn't win, but I did think she would be in the final 2. Ben would never admit this on the show due to female backlash, but the kids were a deal breaker. It shouldn't be unreasonable for a 26 year old guy who has not had kids on his own to prefer starting fresh with a woman who has never had kids. However, if he confessed that was the real reason he let Amanda go, he would have lost a lot of female fans.
I definitely agree with you. I think the pressure of turboing toward an engagement is already burden enough; to add in kids to the life of a 26 year old is insane.

Asbel

Yeah, I also didn't think he would leave her right after hometown like Fried said. Being an instant dad just made him nope right out of there. Tough for Amanda to know that but she is gorgeous and an older guy would have a lot less problems with kids.

Emarv

Lauren is going to win. Its so obvious she is the one.

He openly cried just thinking about her. She wins. There's no doubt anymore, really.

The only question is which one of the remaining other two is he in love with/all the drama in the previews about?

He openly cried just thinking about her. She wins. There's no doubt anymore, really.

The only question is which one of the remaining other two is he in love with/all the drama in the previews about?

He falls in love with Caila too I think. Jo-Jo with her ex bf drama and her skeptical family I think hurts her chances.

But in the end I think he'll choose Lauren over Caila in the finale

He falls in love with Caila too I think. Jo-Jo with her ex bf drama and her skeptical family I think hurts her chances.

But in the end I think he'll choose Lauren over Caila in the finale

I am going with the empty husk Caila gets the boot next. JoJo is the winner. The producers are masters of leading you one way to do the switcharo. Ben has to deal with joining the creepy JoJo family.

Salz01

I'm ready for the season to be over. I keep saying it, but they need to mix up the formula. They need two Bachelors/ Bachelorettes competing all the way to the end. I thought they were going to do it last season of the bachelorette but it was lame they didn't go all the way.

Emarv

If from this season, my guess would be Caila. She seems fun. I also wonder if there's a possibility they get Britt back from last year? She'd probably be the best choice.

Caila would check off the diversity box too as the first Asian Bachelorette

Yeah they mentioned the pick would be "diverse". Guys will go for her but she isn't very eloquent. Twitter will explode with quotes from her with lots of ?????????????

If from this season, my guess would be Caila. She seems fun. I also wonder if there's a possibility they get Britt back from last year? She'd probably be the best choice.

People seem to hate her but Britt would be a better pick. She is reality show ready. It would be much more interesting than anybody from this season except maybe Lacy.

Yeah, I vote Britt to be next bachlorette. If not her, then Caila would be good, assuming she isn't the last one standing. Lacy would be good choice, too, but I don't think she would do it. Or they could pull an Emily Maynard and have Amanda as the next bachlorette, though I'm not sure she could command the show, as she's a bit on the boring side.

Is Jojo half Arab? I noticed her mom's name is Soraya and she has an accent and the features...

I'm honestly surprised Amanda was kicked off when she was, but it's clear he couldn't handle the kids as you guys mentioned. I thought it was ridiculous though when she was like "I could really see him with my kids!" after they were playing at the beach. Like honey.. you are a mother of two. You think because he could handle the fun part he could handle them cramping his schedule and crying for no reason and all the bodily fluids when they get sick, or cleaning up after them when they wet the bed? I know you know better. Talk about Bachelor bubble. :I

I can't figure out who he's really going to choose, but it bugs me to know that instead of being surprised by the ending we all already know it's going to be a shitshow, we just don't know who. I suppose the Bachelor is always a bit spoiled by the tabloids anyway though.

Asbel

Yeah they mentioned the pick would be "diverse". Guys will go for her but she isn't very eloquent. Twitter will explode with quotes from her with lots of ?????????????

People seem to hate her but Britt would be a better pick. She is reality show ready. It would be much more interesting than anybody from this season except maybe Lacy.
You mean Lace from this season? She should get over the jealousy and confidence issuses first. That said, the personality shown of the final four girls don't seem much different from each other and not entertaining TV. At least Lauren H had humor.

So far this season was bland compared to the last Paradise.

Jo-Jo could be this year's Catherine from Sean Lowe's season. Catherine had one foot out the door after hometowns but she ended up winning.

I still just feel like he chooses Lauren in the end.

Speaking of hometowns, this was the first bachelor season I can remember where the bachelor didn't ask the girls dad at hometowns for his blessing if he asked his daughter to marry her. I guess thats becoming an antiquated tradition these days.

Lauren's attitude is honestly better, in my opinion. She understands that he loves her but recognizes that he could also feel the same about Jo-Jo. Jo-Jo, on the other hand, thinks she won already and is wondering whether Ben is deceiving both of them.

Asbel

Lauren's attitude is honestly better, in my opinion. She understands that he loves her but recognizes that he could also feel the same about Jo-Jo. Jo-Jo, on the other hand, thinks she won already and is wondering whether Ben is deceiving both of them.
Well, Ben is lying by omission to both of them so she's not wrong.

NeoROCK

Lauren is soooooo dull. At least JoJo has a point of view from time to time.

agree 100%.

she has no personality from what we've seen so far. There does not seem to be a strong connection or chemistry between her and Ben.

I think she walked out of the limo and he saw a "girl next door" with blonde hair and immediately liked her the best (first impression rose). She really hasn't done anything the entire season to impress me.

Emarv

His "I love you" to Lauren felt so genuine compared to JoJo's. This is the most obvious finale, but that's fine.

Hearing JoJo immediately start calling him "babe" multiple times after the I love you's was really funny to me.

Asbel

Ben, what are you doing.

Jojo thinks she already won. Heck, I would too. Whoever gets second is going to be so pissed.
I'd go with devastated. Caila's "I still love him" was a hard fall already but Lauren and Jojo's are even higher in the clouds after hearing Ben's I love you.

wildbite

What do you think the chances are of Jubilee being the next bachelorette? I absolutely love her. However, if Ben picks Lauren, JoJo would be an obvious choice.

There are rumors that
Caila is officially
the next Bachelorette.

If you just watch the WTA, they tried to paint Jubilee in a sympathetic light but they were really, REALLY pushing for Caila. If you watch previous Bachelorettes and how their interviews went during the WTA, Caila was getting all the Bachelorette questions.

Jubilee is also too far down the loser chain, I think. Third place seems to be the new sweet spot.

I wonder why they stopped using second.

S1: 2nd
S2: 3rd
S3: 1st
S4: 2nd (technically tied with Jen for 2nd as Brad chose no one)
S5: 3rd
S6: 4th
S7: 3rd
S8: 1st
S9: 4th
S10: 3rd
S11: 3rd
S12: (3rd?)

Season 4 was weird because they hadn't done the Bachelorette in a few years IIRC, and there was a season (S12) between when DeAnna was on (S11) and when she was the Bachelorette (S4). Since S4, they have been doing Bachelorette right after the Bachelor ends, and they typically announce the new Bachelorette at the ATFR. They can't really have the 2nd place girl come on and talk about their breakup then she turns around and becomes the Bachelorette 30 minutes later. So...that seems to be why none of the final two girls have become the Bachelorette since S4. (S8 is an exception since Emily won the previous season but then there was a season in between)

Why do I know this useless info. Why.

Ah, that makes sense. I figure, though, with how we now know that these are taped well in advance and that they don't really have to announce the new bachelor(ette) until after ATFR, they took a while to announce Chris last time.

Ah, that makes sense. I figure, though, with how we now know that these are taped well in advance and that they don't really have to announce the new bachelor(ette) until after ATFR, they took a while to announce Chris last time.

Yeah because Bachelorette ends in July-ish? And Bachelor doesn't start until January. So there's some time before they need to announce the bachelor.

Bachelor ends in March and Bachelorette starts in May. So there's very little time in between.

There are rumors that
Caila is officially
the next Bachelorette.

If you just watch the WTA, they tried to paint Jubilee in a sympathetic light but they were really, REALLY pushing for Caila. If you watch previous Bachelorettes and how their interviews went during the WTA, Caila was getting all the Bachelorette questions.

One of my friends thinks Caila looked more "Asian" at the WTA...presumably to play up the diversity card for her as being the next bachelorette.

One of my friends thinks Caila looked more "Asian" at the WTA...presumably to play up the diversity card for her as being the next bachelorette.

Ugh if Caila. On the women tell all she was more coherent than usual but it seemed more canned and fake. She was clearly angling for the Bachelorette.

Jubilee's troubling comments to the mixed race contestants has be turned around on her.

JoJo should be it. She would be very Kaitlyn, which was a good season, without the bad jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom