• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Bachelor Season 20 |OT| We're giving you the perfect ten - I mean, perfect Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that actually is the tagline.

knGSU1q.jpg

Mondays @ 8pm on ABC

Show Page
The Women
I guess there is also a Bachelor fantasy draft

Tweet by Becca when Ben was announced:
2qjiMsh.png

Casting page:
UnnYc55.png

Smh Becca #sotransparent

Previous threads:
Bachelor Season 19
Bachelor Season 18
Bachelor Season 17
Bachelor Season 16
Bachelor Season 15
Bachelor Season 14
Bachelor Season 12

Bachelorette Season 11
Bachelorette Season 10
Bachelorette Season 9
Bachelorette Season 8
Bachelorette Season 7

Asbel

Is this show as hilarious as Bachelor in Paradise? I was surprised how goofy that show was.

That is a bad pic of Ben. Dude hit the genetic lottery and is smart enough to be humble about it on TV.

Can't believe he didn't give a rose to Laura. Girl is hot. Guess he doesn't like red heads.

Man, they just scrape lower and lower into the barrel for these girls every season.

Anyway, my prediction is that Lauren B. will take it. Jennifer will be runner up, since the two of them have the baby face look that Ben seems to like. Lace will round out the top three. I think Ben can see her bitchiness, but he's not going to pass up the opportunity to take her to the fantasy suite. Plus, the "bad girl" who all the others hate usually gets pretty far. I wonder if Olivia will end up taking that mantle, though.

Man, they just scrape lower and lower into the barrel for these girls every season.

Anyway, my prediction is that Lauren B. will take it. Jennifer will be runner up, since the two of them have the baby face look that Ben seems to like. Lace will round out the top three. I think Ben can see her bitchiness, but he's not going to pass up the opportunity to take her to the fantasy suite. Plus, the "bad girl" who all the others hate usually gets pretty far. I wonder if Olivia will end up taking that mantle, though.

Hmm.....Lauren B has this locked up right? Just kidding but she does seem like she will go far. I thought Olivia might too but the previews has her as the Villain apparently. Too bad. I think Becca will go far too.

Also someone on twitter said the twins need to be on the 2-on-1 date. I'm starting a petition now.

Hmm.....Lauren B has this locked up right? Just kidding but she does seem like she will go far. I thought Olivia might too but the previews has her as the Villain apparently. Too bad. I think Becca will go far too.

Also someone on twitter said the twins need to be on the 2-on-1 date. I'm starting a petition now.

The entire season has been filmed already so petition would be futile

Hey I'm not saying the 2 on 1 didn't happen, just that a petition would do no good. Keep the dream alive! It may have been filmed! 1 rose, 1 set of twins, 1 of the twins must go.

Most people fantasize about winning the lottery. I fantasize that the Bachelor is happening in real time and I cheer on certain girls from my TV which helps them win roses.

I'm staying away from the spoilers this season since it just mars the show, but having watched so many seasons, it's somewhat easy to predict based on how the girls are presented/editted. With that said, here are my totally wrong predictions on how long these girls last:

u7kaule.png

Week 2-4.

CoCcxIy.png

Week 2-3. She didn't go far last time and won't go far this time.

Fvvp5IW.png

I think Becca will go far, much like Nick did. They typically cast certain people to fulfill certain roles and Becca is a "top 3" type so I will predict...top 3 - 6.

teBShQl.png

Seems cute and they gave her a lot of time. Seems to get along with Ben. Also tells Ben she loves him in the previews (why would they spoil that). Probably top 4 for her.

WDtJCvh.png

The twins will be cute for a while and then the novelty will wear off quickly. Week 3-4.

LsZTUMA.png

Seems cute and down-to-earth. Maybe week 4 or so.

CAmLkXc.png

Who? Week 2-3...

OicjkDi.png

Who? Week 2-3...

OM5ztBi.png

Suspiciously got some good airtime.....probably week 3-4, but possibly goes further like week 6.

5Mml4GQ.png

Looks like she gets a one-on-one at some point...but I doubt she gets another. Also seems to stir up drama so she won't last too long. Week 5 or so.

QAcLMRV.png

The crazy one this season. She's already rubbing Ben the wrong way. She should be gone around week 3.

mKWsLyz.png

Zero air time for this girl...very likely a week 2 victim.

mgzk5NG.png

I think she'll go far...first one out of the limo so the producers think she'll go far...we see her getting a one-on-one. I think she'll definitely get multiple one-on-ones and should get top 3. If she doesn't win, might be good Bachelorette material as well. It's been a while since we got a blonde.

w5NF9z5.png

Don't remember her much...hard to tell. Probably week 3-4 girl.

QykgGN2.png

Didn't get much airtime but definitely came off very well. She's the classic dark horse aka Catherine from Sean's season aka let's hide her early on. I think there's a good chance she goes at least top 4-6.

kyNlI3g.png

Reminds me strongly of Madison from Brad's season. Crazy girl who's attractive but weird, but not Tierra Season 17 level crazy where we have to keep her on no matter what. Classic week 3-4 girl.

HhOrsde.png

After their first convo I thought she would go far. After getting the first rose I thought she would go far. But apparently she's the Villain. If we had a dummy like Chris S19 or Ben F S16 I think she could pull off a Courtney, but I feel like Ben H has more common sense than that. Her floor is probably Tierra top-6 and her ceiling is probably top 3.

X1BOCPQ.png

Who? She'll be gone by week 3 right?

l5MtfNf.png

She's a tricky one to place. Reminds me of Renee from Juan Pablo's season for some reason. Only 26 but comes off as too mature / sensible for the show, plus she has a law degree. Probably week 4-6 with an outside shot at the top 4.

VNRhqza.png

They showed quite a bit of her for some reason. I know I don't care about her. Probably won't go too far.

I know what you're thinking: why spend so much time analyzing such a dumb show. To you I say: Jill Biden watches and tweets The Bachelor. Are you smarter than the Second Lady of the United States? I didn't think so.

QAcLMRV.png

The crazy one this season. She's already rubbing Ben the wrong way. She should be gone around week 3.

The crazy ones seem obvious to the viewers but for some reason the bachelor/bachelortte don't get it until real late. Week 6 on her.

My favorites to go far are:
Celia
Lauren B.
Becca
The twins
Olivia

I'm calling it right now that Amanda is next season's Bachelorette. She's got everything they look for, including the fact that she won't win.

Also, how late do they film that first night? Did anyone else notice the sun coming up when the girls were leaving?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Watching on Hulu right now. Olivia blew me away. Wow. And she's from Austin, TX. Game Over, Ben. Just wife that one up now.

I'm calling it right now that Amanda is next season's Bachelorette. She's got everything they look for, including the fact that she won't win.

Also, how late do they film that first night? Did anyone else notice the sun coming up when the girls were leaving?

Amanda? I'm not seeing it so far. I could be wrong.

If I remember correctly, they start filming at around 8-9pm, go until about 3am, and then the rose ceremony takes a few hours so they're done around maybe 6-7am.

Also notice Ben called his parents after meeting all the girls and then told them to go back to sleep so that might be around 11pm-12am.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm actually glad Becca is back. I remember liking her last season.

So Lace is the nutjob this season? I wonder if she's just crazy, drunk, or that's her strategy. Some guys are into that dramatic controlling type.

I'm actually glad Becca is back. I remember liking her last season.

So Lace is the nutjob this season? I wonder if she's just crazy, drunk, or that's her strategy. Some guys are into that dramatic controlling type.

Lace is just obsessive and controlling. Mandi seems like the space cadet weirdo. Speaking of space cadet weirdos, Ashley S. is engaged, and its NOT with a bird lol.

diffusionx

Gold Member
The women are super hot this year, and they brought back Becca. This season has lots of potential.

I just wish he kept the redhead.

Grizzlyjin

Lace is just obsessive and controlling. Mandi seems like the space cadet weirdo. Speaking of space cadet weirdos, Ashley S. is engaged, and its with a bird lol.

I sorta had a crush on Ashley S. She had zero chance of winning but love me crazy

Yeah, I can't see Mandi going the distance. She has a nice job, at least.

Emarv

Amber should be the next Bachelorette. She's gorgeous, has a pretty cool personality and would give them their first non-white bachelorette, which would be cool and a good step for this show with a pretty sketchy racial history.

Also, I find her super adorable.

Amber should be the next Bachelorette. She's gorgeous, has a pretty cool personality and would give them their first non-white bachelorette, which would be cool and a good step for this show with a pretty sketchy racial history.

Unfortunately, I think its too big of a ratings risk to use a non-white bachelorette/bachelor

Emarv

I agree, but if they were to do it, out of all the recent minority contestants, she seems the most accessible to a large audience.

Oh well. It's a nice dream.

My guess is Lauren B and Caila go far.

Unfortunately, I think its too big of a ratings risk to use a non-white bachelorette/bachelor
Yeah, I really don't see it happening. Even if it does happen, I would expect the bachelors on her season to be composed mostly of white guys, so the show doesn't turn into a "black show."

They will probably have her in the next Bachelor in Paradise, though.

Emarv

She was on last paradise. This is probably it for her.

Lace is a lock for Paradise, though. Like #1 with a bullet.

Wasn't Andi half black though? She was definitely mixed at least. I recall that season drawing well too.

Regardless, I think it'll happen eventually but Amber definitely isn't the one. That'd be 4 shows for her in a row, if you count this season, Paradise, and Bachelor 2015. If the audience hasn't fallen in love with her yet (they haven't) then they never will.

She was on last paradise. This is probably it for her.

Lace is a lock for Paradise, though. Like #1 with a bullet.
Good call. This is a lock for sure.

The producers are kindof positioning Olivia as a villain, which is strange considering she got the first impression rose AND now the first date rose. She's on a roll, but I think it will crash down in the coming weeks.

The producers are kindof positioning Olivia as a villain, which is strange considering she got the first impression rose AND now the first date rose. She's on a roll, but I think it will crash down in the coming weeks.
I think it's because Lace tipped a bit too hard to the crazy side, and they need a villain for when Lace gets the boot, which I imagine will be very soon.

Asbel

I think it's because Lace tipped a bit too hard to the crazy side, and they need a villain for when Lace gets the boot, which I imagine will be very soon.
I'm starting to feel bad for Lace. She's letting her insecurities take over. Maybe she'll learn to let it go from doing the show.

Also,

"What's your favorite color?"

"Yellow. Yours?"

"Sour."

Grizzlyjin

Lace is a train wreck. She went rogue again, so she's 2 for 2. She seemed pretty drunk both times, so that might just be how she is when she drinks. It's a weird situation to be in.

Lace is a train wreck. She went rogue again, so she's 2 for 2. She seemed pretty drunk both times, so that might just be how she is when she drinks. It's a weird situation to be in.

The biggest lie any girl will say to a guy is "I'm really not normally like this"
Lace is what she is until she works on her self confidence. Actions speak louder than words sweetheart. Not only are you trying to lie to Ben, you're trying to lie to yourself!

I can't get over how hot Amanda is. I don't care if she had 50 children, I'd spend weeks making barrettes if it meant going on a date with her.

Prologue

I liked the girl he was playing basketball with, and the one with the one on one date. She's really pretty and seemed to have a good time despite the interesting situation.

Emarv

Yeah, Caila and Amanda are gorgeous and seem relatively down to earth.

But it's so clear Lauren B is the frontrunner. He did the prop thing with that one girl whose name I forget, and he did the props with Amanda's daughters which was insanely sweet. But he did the picture thing with Lauren B for no reason other than him just liking her.

I'm fairly certain she's Top 3, easy.

Emarv

Lace's "dramatic childhood reveal" being about her dorky childhood bangs was so perfect and insane. This girl is a treasure.

Asbel

I was starting to have twin fantasies myself then one of them said they never eat vegetables and I'm like O_O.

Also, when was the last time you guys asked a girl what her favorite color was? Kindergarten?

Good move, Ben.

I've noticed a lot of attractive people don't actually flirt well because they never had to.

I was starting to have twin fantasies myself then one of them said they never eat vegetables and I'm like O_O.

I've noticed a lot of attractive people don't actually flirt well because they never had to.

Yeah...they'll be fat by 30 :(

Also some gems by the twins:

"There's like a lot of people in white coats sitting around on computers, and then thinking about, like, love and being a good match, like I can't put it together. Don't put the blonde on this date!"
"I don't know much about science. I'm not like a science person."
"I don't know about science either. I'm not very smart."

Lauren B...I liked her...but she and Ben have nothing to talk about. And their kissing is kinda weird. I dunno who's the favorite to win now.

Looks like Olivia breaks down next week. Noooo Olivia. You're my girl :(

Lauren B...I liked her...but she and Ben have nothing to talk about. And their kissing is kinda weird. I dunno who's the favorite to win now.

Looks like Olivia breaks down next week. Noooo Olivia. You're my girl :(

Lauren B is a favorite regardless of their small talk. Caila is still a favorite as is Becca and Amanda. One of those 4 will win I think

Lauren B is a favorite regardless of their small talk. Caila is still a favorite as is Becca and Amanda. One of those 4 will win I think

Naw I'm still on the Olivia train. I don't get the Amanda hype.

Although, the part where Ben said "a few people I know died in a plane crash" and Olivia went "let me steal you.........so I really hate how my legs look" had me smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom