• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Bachelor Season 20 |OT| We're giving you the perfect ten - I mean, perfect Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarv

Still wish they'd get Britt back. She seems built for this show. Maybe she's less "sweet" than someone like Caila, but Britt definitely seems more into the "process" or whatever.

Still wish they'd get Britt back. She seems built for this show. Maybe she's less "sweet" than someone like Caila, but Britt definitely seems more into the "process" or whatever.

Caila is very Britt. Britt would have been more interesting than the two they brought back this season:

Amber - Made for reality shows. Almost seems like a lost contestant form the heyday for reality TV in the 2000's. She is the producers dream contestant for always stirring up drama. It makes a little more sense after the WTA why she went after Jubilee. I guess the producers didn't capture the racial comments or they wanted to give Jubilee a good edit.

Becca - Brought back to fulfill the virgin requirement that every Bachelor needs to have for some reason. Is it harder to find virgins these days?

They will bring back Amanda to fulfill the contestant with kids for the next Bachelor.

Emarv

I don't know. Caila doesn't seem as drama-ready as Britt. Her breakup had her kind of going more off brand than she had all season. While Britt was consistently drama-ready and fully ready to emotionally invest.

But Jojo is...half Persian! That's kinda sorta diverse, right?

Seriously though, kinda shocked at this announcement. They never go with the 2nd girl, and Caila got such a Bachelorette edit on last week's WTA. But Jojo does seem to fit the role a lot more. I don't think Caila is A-type enough to head a season.

But Jojo is...half Persian! That's kinda sorta diverse, right?

Seriously though, kinda shocked at this announcement. They never go with the 2nd girl, and Caila got such a Bachelorette edit on last week's WTA. But Jojo does seem to fit the role a lot more. I don't think Caila is A-type enough to head a season.

Caila can only put a sentence together when she come with prepped stuff. JoJo was the right choice. Would like to see more diversity tho.

Overall a good season. Ben was probably the best bachelor ever in that you could see why women are so attractived to him. Always knew what to say and make it seem genuine.

Prologue

Yeah he's a realist and non-conformist. Gives off a mystery and rebel ire to JoJo. I think JoJo digs him for that because he stands out from the bunch as of now.

I usually don't cheer for those people either, we've had women in past seasons that were really trouble makers, but this time, the house really cornered this guy. Makes everyone look crappy.

Chad is awesome. I can't believe how bitchy all the other dudes are being in this house. Complaining that he's eating the free food? He's the only real person in the show.

EDIT: Oh man, I just got to the part where Chad gets confronted by the other guys. Like West Side Story or the Care Bears, hahahaha!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm watching the premiere right now. I can't stand that Daniel guy. And why were all the guys hating on my dude with the kilt? It was kinda gimmicky, but he's part Scottish...I thought it was kinda cool.

Jojo is looking amazing. And she was really great with all the guys, even the obvious joke contestants. You can tell she's into the assertive dudes though.

I want to try out for next season of The Bachelorette. Mainly for the tailored suit. As long as you get to keep those, I'm in.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Chad is a mega douche, but he makes the most sense out of anyone there. He's definitely trouble but all his points made sense. He doesn't know her and isn't going to gas her up like everybody else. I totally feel him on that.

Emarv

I want to try out for next season of The Bachelorette. Mainly for the tailored suit. As long as you get to keep those, I'm in.

I'm pretty sure contestants have to bring their own clothes. Only the Bachelor or Bachelorette get wardrobes provided.

Grizzlyjin

I'm pretty sure contestants have to bring their own clothes. Only the Bachelor or Bachelorette get wardrobes provided.

That just destroyed almost all my interest in being a contestant. Free food and booze still sounds good.

I'm caught up now and these guys are just so immature. They're getting caught up in this gang mentality and being dumb. It's weird because I think the show is trying to frame Chad as the bad guy, but I don't see what he did wrong. The other guys in the house are wrong for ganging up on him.

Asbel

That just destroyed almost all my interest in being a contestant. Free food and booze still sounds good.

I'm caught up now and these guys are just so immature. They're getting caught up in this gang mentality and being dumb. It's weird because I think the show is trying to frame Chad as the bad guy, but I don't see what he did wrong. The other guys in the house are wrong for ganging up on him.

Boo! You're in it for the wrong reasons. You should only do it for love and a crazy obsession for a person you only know through a TV show and stalking over social media.

Go straight to Paradise.

Chad vs The Care Bears is comedy gold. Usually the nice guys aren't this entertaining. Both sides have qualities that appeal to JoJo but are too blinded by their hatred to see it. The Care Bears are just joking around, singing a goofy ass song and having fun with it while Chad is too serious. NO SINGING! NO FAKE PROPOSALS! NO FUN ALLOWED! Not that he doesn't know how to have fun, it's just his jealousy and insecurity while competing against other guys that prevents him from having fun with them. Chad is right that some of these dudes be obsessed over a girl they don't know. And he is damn entertaining TV. And he is honest and real but that's a poor excuse for not knowing how to get along with others. You can't call other guys out as liars and not expect them to hate you. But even if JoJo falls for him, having to constantly deal with his anger is very stressful on a relationship.

Grizzlyjin

Something is up with Chad. I'm glad Jojo at least made the observation that he is overcompensating for something. But dude is playing the smart game. He might be hated in the house, but he is standing out. Viewers notice him, Jojo notices him, he wins that aspect of it. If I'm trying to last on this show, I'm not going to be Nerd-burger #321 sitting in the corner, clutching my pearls while other dudes are making themselves known.

Unfortunately I don't think Chad is long for this season. Getting the cheek turn from JoJo in front of all those guys he despises killed his ego

Grizzlyjin

Chad bringing Jojo on stage and getting denied was majorly cringe worthy. And then he couldn't get the mic back in the stand so he tossed it on the bed. He was just trying way too hard to be cool and emasculate the other guys. Everyone else was having fun and all he had was "They'll never understand what we have..." and then an awkward cheek kiss.

That being said, Evan acted like a weasel. You publicly embarrassed the dude. And then when you get called out, you back down and say it was just a joke.

Asbel

Erectile dysfunction guy is a pussy.
Evan crossed the line with his joke. Don't know why he got the rose when some of the other guys were better received. And he made an ultimatum. Should have left when Chad stayed. That said, threats of violence are creep as hell. Chad is sticking around a house full of guys that hate him because he thinks Jojo feels the same way he does about her. He's fooled himself into being the guy he claims everyone else in the house is who's fawning over a girl they barely know.

Prologue

Yeah, Evan crossed the line with his joke. Don't know why he got the rose when some of the other guys were better received. And he made an ultimatum. Should have left when Chad stayed. That said, threats of violence are creep as hell. Chad is sticking around a house full of guys that hate him because he thinks Jojo feels the same way he does about her. He's fooled himself into being the guy he claims everyone else in the house is who's fawning over a girl they barely know.

He got the rose because she was pacifying him after he threaten to leave.

Grizzlyjin

Reading their body language, the other guys actually do come off as being afraid of Chad. They buck up when they're all sitting on the couch cause they know someone will break up a fight quick. But one on one they look scared. When Chad and Alex were alone, you could see Alex tense up real bad. I wonder who they'll paint as the villain if Chad is gone. All the Alphas zeroed in on him, but you remove him from the situation and they'll start eating each other alive. Like I'm shocked Alex and Football Dude aren't butting heads.

I like Chad but the dude has some definite anger issues. Evan is such a little wuss, crying to the producers of the show. All these guys are constantly poking and prodding Chad and then saying "see! He's angry!" whenever Chad reacts to them.

B-Dex

The first Canadian Bachelorette was cast....

bachelorette-jasmine.jpg

Shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom