• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Big Bang Theory Season 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great finale to a great season. Probably the best overall season in the last couple years. Great character growth for nearly everyone. People shit on this show all the time, but if they watched it enough they would realize one of the big reasons it is so successful: heart. The characters feel like a family.

Let's hope they continue this quality into the next few seasons.

jett

D-Member
I figured Sheldon was going to end up buying the comic book store for a while.

But nope, dumb trip that will surely result in nothing major.

Guri

I don't believe Sheldon will be his complete opposite, but he'll definitely change a lot.
Unless he stays with his mother.

Savitar

Predictions:

Stewart becomes the son "Debbie" always wanted which causes Howard to miss his mothers attention and he bickers with Stewart.

That or Stewart marries Deb and becomes Howards step father.

Sheldon buys the comic book store.

Penny and Leonard don't get married, finale when it comes pisses everyone off. Years watching wasted.

Also Emelie is ever seen again, Raj is arrested for her murder and skinning.

And yes the money is in Green Lanterns ass.

mantidor

I always thought he was Stuart. fake edit: it is :p

I liked this season, but Stuart's complete miserable existence is really off putting, I like all the characters but that kind of humor I do not like.

Neo Child

Banned
I always thought he was Stuart. fake edit: it is :p

I liked this season, but Stuart's complete miserable existence is really off putting, I like all the characters but that kind of humor I do not like.

Yup.

Go back to seasons 2 & 3 and he is sometimes seen as lonely but never to the point of wishing he was dead (like this seasons finale).

When they first introduced him he was great, took Penny out on a date on the first try.

Funniest bit is season 3 when they all meet Stan Lee and Penny asks Stuart about his plans and he's like "OH YEAH BIG PLANS. Going to share a bowl.. of tuna.. with the cat. It's not even my cat. I just feed it. Sometimes it doesnt even show up".

But yeah, can't really laugh at the guy wanting the building to have killed him..

They have too many main characters now theyre reducing everyone to a one trick pony.

Howard is a prime example. He's changed loads since marrying Bernadette. He was hilarious back in the day.

Moondrop

Banned
Yup.

Go back to seasons 2 & 3 and he is sometimes seen as lonely but never to the point of wishing he was dead (like this seasons finale).

When they first introduced him he was great, took Penny out on a date on the first try.

Funniest bit is season 3 when they all meet Stan Lee and Penny asks Stuart about his plans and he's like "OH YEAH BIG PLANS. Going to share a bowl.. of tuna.. with the cat. It's not even my cat. I just feed it. Sometimes it doesnt even show up".

But yeah, can't really laugh at the guy wanting the building to have killed him..

They have too many main characters now theyre reducing everyone to a one trick pony.

Howard is a prime example. He's changed loads since marrying Bernadette. He was hilarious back in the day.

Howard and Stuart have changed. It's character development, and it's the reason (along with the introduction of Amy and Bernadette) the show found a second wind and became a juggernaut. Looking back on the first few seasons, Wolowitz was pretty revolting and silly, but they've handled his redemption so well that he's now a believable, round character. They've changed him from a one-trick pony.

As to Stuart, I think the writers have deliberately sent him down a darker path. All the other geeks on the show have things turn out well in their careers and relationships, so Stuart's fortunes seem to be a deliberate contrast. I also take his dour observations of himself being on the fringe of the group to give a kind of meta-ness to his role as a guest star. If you find it inconsistent with the show's tone or not funny, fair enough.

Neo Child

Banned
Howard was always hitting on Penny sure, but its not just that it's the accents, his "marriage arguments" with Raj, and also didn't care for Sheldon at all and was the only one who could really retaliate to Sheldons weirdness and had funny arguments with his mom.

Now Howard usually keeps his mouth shut, doesnt say too much, and is always victim of Sheldons insults and seems to be hurt by them. Turned into a bit of a bitch really.

I dont think he ever needed redemption, he wasn't a pig, just a self-confessed womanizer (though poor at it obv).

As for Stuart, it just seems that they've latched onto one bit of his personality and built the character around that like they do that with shows.

See Ross on Friends - he was a loveable but weird goof early on then around season 5 they changed him into this totally over the top crazy guy. Though in the case of Ross I loved him being ott. PIVAATT.

Moondrop

Banned
Howard was always hitting on Penny sure, but its not just that it's the accents, his "marriage arguments" with Raj, and also didn't care for Sheldon at all and was the only one who could really retaliate to Sheldons weirdness and had funny arguments with his mom.

Now Howard usually keeps his mouth shut, doesnt say too much, and is always victim of Sheldons insults and seems to be hurt by them. Turned into a bit of a bitch really.
All true, but Howard would probably respond, "Yeah, but I get laid now." They also made a big plot this season out of Howard and Sheldon's history of antagonism.

I dont think he ever needed redemption, he wasn't a pig, just a self-confessed womanizer (though poor at it obv).
Well, depending on your values his record of prostitution was distasteful. Remember his engagement party?

The more I think about it the more I feel Howard's character development is a strength of the show.

Joni

As for Stuart, it just seems that they've latched onto one bit of his personality and built the character around that like they do that with shows.

See Ross on Friends - he was a loveable but weird goof early on then around season 5 they changed him into this totally over the top crazy guy. Though in the case of Ross I loved him being ott. PIVAATT.
The way they handled both Ross and Howard is that we see actual reasons for them to evolve. Ross was a naive guy that gets his confidence destroyed by a cheating wife and a rocky relationship; Howard is the inverse. A good relationship helps him change to be more confident, he doesn't need to act like a womanizer anymore to hide his problems and he takes Sheldon's insults because they don't matter anymore. He is happy and he has achieved more than all of his peers.

Neo Child

Banned
All true, but Howard would probably respond, "Yeah, but I get laid now." They also made a big plot this season out of Howard and Sheldon's history of antagonism.

Well, depending on your values his record of prostitution was distasteful. Remember his engagement party?

The more I think about it the more I feel Howard's character development is a strength of the show.

I know, the episode when Howard and Sheldon go see Sheldons mum. Unfortunately the writers seemed to have dropped Sheldons 'new found respect' in the latest episode where Howard talks about Ep1 of star wars being the least favourite and Sheldon making a comment about how Howard should know about being the least favourite.

They used to make the joke about Howard not having a bachelors degree (though Sheldon would make fun of EVERYONE and not just Howard), now it's just "we don't really like Howard" and thats the joke. :/ They used to get on a lot more before making them "tertiary" friends, see Howard teaching Sheldon Mandarin.

I don't remember his record of prostitution really, though I know he has a history of being involved with them. Personally though I am of the view that if a woman wants to sell her body, and a man wants to buy it - then thats fair game. A woman can decide what she wants to do with her body.

I dunno, I just found Howard more entertaining to watch and the groups dynamic was a lot better especially in Seasons 1-3. Will be interesting to see how the show plays out though.

Dereck

I've caught re-runs of this show a lot within the last 2 weeks on TBS. The older episodes still hold up and are mostly funny.

Dereck

I haven't seen season 1 in awhile, the episodes I saw were after Amy was already introduced I feel like that was the sweet spot for the show, or still is.

Malvingt2

15413_10152496418659678_4392635600488029660_n.jpg

remember guys.. new night

Aiii

So not worth it
They are making hundreds of millions of dollars off of the back of these actors, simple as that.

That's the problem here, not that the actors are asking for their piece of the pie (and it should be big, considering they're the main attraction along with the writing). If you have a problem with it, have a problem with the industry's outraging costs and income, not with the actors asking for a sizeable piece.

Joni

Not to be a diva, but I am unsure about watching new season after the whole negotiate for a million per episode thing. That whole story just bothered me because I feel it is bad for TV.
I think that is stupid. The production company is making a lot of money based on their performances, so why shouldn't they get their fair share?

The network and production company make so much damn money off of the show, all the actors deserve their cut of it. And this wasn't a situation of the cast holding the show hostage. Their contracts were up and needed to be renegotiated, it wasn't them refusing to work their contracts. They knew the show was renewed for three more seasons, so they had all the power and knew that WB/CBS would pay out the ass to keep them since the money train was so strong.

As for the three main members negotiating separate from Wolowitz and Raj, that goes back to season 1 when Wolowitz and Raj were still just guest stars or not as high in the hierarchy of the show. They only got bigger as the show went on, and they still got a HUGE pay increase for these new seasons.

The two kind of left out were Amy and Bernadette, but they were much later additions to the cast, and their contracts were also up at different times, which makes their negotiations harder.

That is a good point! These were two different circumstances. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Also did not know Simon and Kayar were supporting cast.

I am not positive if they were supporting at first, but they definitely were not prominent members initially. Season 2 was when they kicked in big time.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Has there been a reason for the day switch?
The show is pretty damn successful, not sure why they'd want to move it from a slot that clearly works quite well

Maddocks

Has there been a reason for the day switch?
The show is pretty damn successful, not sure why they'd want to move it from a slot that clearly works quite well

NFL Thursday night games.

Once that is over, they are switching back to Thursdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom