• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ |OT| 200 More Hours of Bad Keeper Runs

LordRaptor

I have zero doubt the Switch is the best version out there. If I'm going to sit down in front of a computer/TV, I'm not playing this sort of game. I know this because I own it on the PC... and played it for all of 5 minutes... I own it on the PS4, and played it all of 5 minutes...

I'm going to doubledip, but lol no
gujbKol.png

Booster out next week. Comes with a rework of Angel rooms. No enemies/bosses/challenges because none were really worth adding. Edmund also doesn't seem to actually view the workshop, if something isn't tweeted to him, he doesn't see it (which would explain why he didn't see the challenges/enemies/bosses on the workshop)

Finally had a decent Keeper run, ticking off the Cathedral and Chest. Went into the boss rush without planning on actually taking anything, but triple Brimstone (thanks to taking Chaos earlier) was hard to resist. Died, but had Dead Cat so was able to continue.

Might try some stuff with Lost again now... D:

David___

Banned

Booster out next week. Comes with a rework of Angel rooms. No enemies/bosses/challenges because none were really worth adding. Edmund also doesn't seem to actually view the workshop, if something isn't tweeted to him, he doesn't see it (which would explain why he didn't see the challenges/enemies/bosses on the workshop)
Any specifics on the Angel room rework?

Finally had a decent Keeper run, ticking off the Cathedral and Chest. Went into the boss rush without planning on actually taking anything, but triple Brimstone (thanks to taking Chaos earlier) was hard to resist. Died, but had Dead Cat so was able to continue.

Might try some stuff with Lost again now... D:
Lost is easier than the Keeper I feel. You get a free hit every room and get devil deals for free.

LordRaptor

Lost is easier than the Keeper I feel. You get a free hit every room and get devil deals for free.

Lost with Mantle is, the real problem with Keeper is he doesn't seem to get any invincibility frames after taking a hit, and there are a ton of late game enemies that spam multihit attacks or spawn multiple mobs that don't give you any time to get to a dropped coin

Except in Greed/Greedier mode, the latter of which is probably his toughest unlock.

I just completed Keeper Greedier today and was surprised by how easy the final fight was. Pennies were just appearing out of nowhere.

All I have left is Lost Greedier (then a few of the random ones like It's The Key)...

AoM

I just completed Keeper Greedier today and was surprised by how easy the final fight was. Pennies were just appearing out of nowhere.

All I have left is Lost Greedier (then a few of the random ones like It's The Key)...

Godspeed. I luckily just got it.

TheWraith

I have an enemy (spider) stuck unreachable behind a few rocks and am on a great run, doors won't open in the room, and no bombs. I heard doors unlock after a certain amount of time but have been waiting 20 minutes now? I'm effed, right?

h0tp0ck3t

Well damn I was bummed after unlocking King Baby and reading it's description. Then I cheesed Greed Mode with Lilith by just lining up a long row of Incubus and Lil Brims to flood the whole room while I sat in the corner :D

dLMN8R

I've played a lot of this game on PC and 3DS, and just got the Switch version. On the Switch version, I noticed a detail I didn't see before - some god rays showing up on certain screens.

I don't have a screenshot readily available, but they basically move around in parallax as I move around some rooms in the first floor of the basement.

Do those god rays actually affect gameplay somehow? Or are they just visual?

Separately, can someone please link me to a guide which fully explains the new Found HUD? I can't make sense of a few of the stats it shows.

I've played a lot of this game on PC and 3DS, and just got the Switch version. On the Switch version, I noticed a detail I didn't see before - some god rays showing up on certain screens.

I don't have a screenshot readily available, but they basically move around in parallax as I move around some rooms in the first floor of the basement.

Do those god rays actually affect gameplay somehow? Or are they just visual?

Separately, can someone please link me to a guide which fully explains the new Found HUD? I can't make sense of a few of the stats it shows.

The god rays are just aesthetic.
Missing found hud shows, from top to bottom:
Move speed
range
tears delay
tear speed
damage
luck
devil room chance
angel room chance

holygeesus

Banned
This is a long ass thread so apologies if this is already answered - I own a UK digital copy of the base game, can I buy Afterbirth from the US store?

Edit - PS4 version.

LordRaptor

What's the secret behind the coin donation machine? I got it up to 99 but nothing happened.

Greed mode or regular mode?
Both have unlocks tied to dumping a shitload of cash into them.

Regular mode serves as a 'cross run' bank for when you really need it, and sometimes gives an angel room bonus for donations

Finally beat Delirium, homing + tech x + increased fire rate is insanely overpowered. I decided to beat Mega Satan before Delirium just for the fun of it.

This game is just way too good.

MrS

Banned
The Switch hype made me get this for PS4 because I don't have a Switch. This game is so fucking good. Seems like it would be perfect for playing on the go, too.

h0tp0ck3t

Anybody ever have Shade disappear and turn into charmed enemies? If I quit the game when I noticed he was gone, quit and continue and he was replaced with 3-4 of the slug like enemies. If they died I could quit and continue and they would respawn. Bug?

Edit: I'm on the Switch

Haunted

^^ that sounds super weird, never experienced anything like this

Just checked in to say that the game is still awesome and the Switch version is perfectly competent. Even something like quad Brimstone versus Hush was no problem, but Tammy's Head and Brimstone is fucking wrecking the framerate on Switch no matter which room. xD

Anybody ever have Shade disappear and turn into charmed enemies? If I quit the game when I noticed he was gone, quit and continue and he was replaced with 3-4 of the slug like enemies. If they died I could quit and continue and they would respawn. Bug?

Edit: I'm on the Switch
Sounds like you picked up "My Shadow"

Every time you take damage, it spawns a charmed Charger (the leech like enemies). It's likely a bug related to that item.

There's three "Shadow" Devil Deal items with similar sprites, so it's pretty confusing.

h0tp0ck3t

Sounds like you picked up "My Shadow"

Every time you take damage, it spawns a charmed Charger (the leech like enemies). It's likely a bug related to that item.

There's three "Shadow" Devil Deal items with similar sprites, so it's pretty confusing.

It was definitely Shade cause he was following behind me for a while. Was doing the family man challenge so I had a bunch of familiars trailing behind me so didn't notice then at one moment was just like wait a minute what happened to Shade? Weird

Edit: Yeah Judas' unlocks are all stupidly similar looking lol

It was definitely Shade cause he was following behind me for a while. Was doing the family man challenge so I had a bunch of familiars trailing behind me so didn't notice then at one moment was just like wait a minute what happened to Shade? Weird

Edit: Yeah Judas' unlocks are all stupidly similar looking lol

Judas' Shadow is the only one that's good. My Shadow is garbage and Shade isn't that great.

dLMN8R

So how do you all normally play Binding of Isaac?

I've played probably 100+ hours of the game across the original Flash version, Rebirth on PC, 3DS, and now on Switch. But I always feel like a complete newbie since every expansion adds so much.

Do you guys ordinarily use a wiki to see what powerups do? If not, how on earth do you figure things out and remember from run to run? In earlier editions I could remember things pretty well, but now with thousands upon thousands of items it's just hopeless for me.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ (Switch / European version / Physical) appears for pre-order on French websites (34.99€):

Amazon.fr says September 4 (placeholder I guess?)
https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07258Q5D3/

FNAC says June 28
http://jeux-video.fnac.com/a1061518...irth-Nintendo-Switch-Jeu-donnee-non-specifiee
I know they said Q2 and techically June 28th is Q2 just about but come on. I need this game quicker than this. It's by far my moat anticipated Switch game. Hoping it comes sooner than that.

I've played probably 100+ hours of the game across the original Flash version, Rebirth on PC, 3DS, and now on Switch. But I always feel like a complete newbie since every expansion adds so much.

Do you guys ordinarily use a wiki to see what powerups do? If not, how on earth do you figure things out and remember from run to run? In earlier editions I could remember things pretty well, but now with thousands upon thousands of items it's just hopeless for me.

I generally figure out what items do and recall the information. It's usually trinkets I end up googling.

And there's only about 650 items (including trinkets), not thousands :p

dickroach

i play on pc, windowed. always have platinumgod.co.uk open in a tab in the background in case i forget what something does

With enough time you just remember everythimg, although I spent hours looking things up on platinumgod before reaching that point.

Top Bottom