• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The colors of this photo will appear different to everyone. I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, the white is slightly blueish to me. But I can't understand how gold would be seen as black.

Is this thing only big on the internet? I mean, has it been tried with print outs? What if the difference isn't with your eyes, but just your monitor settings.

Requeim

I'm sceptical that this isn't a trick of some kind, but i cannot see it as anything other than black and blue.

Edit: I guess the black looks more like darkish gold due to lighting

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Weird.

I saw White and Gold, scrolled down to read the rest of the page, after seeing the other photo of it in Blue and Black I scrolled back up and the original image then had a Blue and Black dress.

My brain can't take this sorcery!

terrisus

"The colors of this photo will appear different to everyone?"

I'm not sure humans can distinguish enough unique colors for that to be true :þ

I saw white and gold HOWEVER, what you need to do is scroll from the bottom of the first page very fast, and you will no longer see white and gold, but it's actual black and blue colour.

Shaanyboi

Banned
White and gold, in a dimly lit room so it sorta looks vaguely bluish, I suppose. Everyone around me at work sees blue and black/grey though... My mind is fucking blown.

Serick

Married Member
I see blue and black, husband sees white and gold (I only showed him the picture not this thread with no context).

I see a white and gold (or brownish yellow) dress that has its white parts appear with a blue-ish tinge due to the lighting (or lack thereof). I'm not sure where black would figure in.

Annubis

Is that the same dress? I see white and gold for what's in the OP, but black and blue for this one. What makes these photos different from each other?

This is what I see:

tJgvuW2.gif

Palpable

It was white and gold 10 fucking minutes ago and I come back into the thread and it's black and blue now. Did you change the damn image source?

I honestly can't see how people see this as BLACK!? The blue kinda makes sense, because the temperature of the lighting is pretty cool. I just interpret it as white though.

The gold is obvious, to me.

espher

#TeamBlueAndBlack

But I can see the gold, a bit. It's more gold than black but I think the assumption is that since the blue is washed out it's a very dark colour being washed out to goldish so my brain goes "it's black".

Is this thing only big on the internet? I mean, has it been tried with print outs? What if the difference isn't with your eyes, but just your monitor settings.

Tried it w/ all kinds of different settings on two displays. I see the same colours.

Damaniel

Banned
I've had three people look at this, and we all say blue and black, zero ambiguity. I'm convinced that the "white and gold"ers are all elaborate trolls trying to fuck with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom