• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The colors of this photo will appear different to everyone. I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
#TeamBlueAndBlack

But I can see the gold, a bit. It's more gold than black but I think the assumption is that since the blue is washed out it's a very dark colour being washed out to goldish so my brain goes "it's black".

Tried it w/ all kinds of different settings on two displays. I see the same colours.

Thanks for the data. This is an interesting illusion, though.

Seeing the version with the exposure fixed, I can definitely see how blue and black happens. The original is still white and gold for me, though.

edit: Wait, fuck. Nevermind. Now the original looks blue and black. It used to look white and gold. Now I'm really fucking confused. Are my rods and cones just primed now or something? Shit, man. Well, now that I've seen both sides of the coin, I guess I can't called you black and blue people fucking liars anymore. You...turned me.

DiscoJer

If I strain my eyes long enough its light blue and gold. First glance scrolling on my phone is white and gold but seeing the whole its light blue and gold. How the hell you see blue and black? I'm being mindblown.

I'm the other way. I don't see how people can see it's white and gold. It's clearly blue and black to me.

Ishida

Banned
Here. Fixed the exposure.

JLoKfhH.jpg

Blue-ish white and gold.

squidyj

If you're getting white and gold try turning up the brightness of your screen, or increasing the back panel output.

Leynos

Explanation:

"Your eyes have retinas, the things that let you interpret color. There’s rods, round things, and cones that stick out, which is what gives your eye a textured appearance in the colored part."

Either I'm reading this incorrectly, or the author is very confused about what an iris is/does.

Oh, as for the dress, I see gold, and white with a slight blue tinge.

Iph

Banned
If accurate, I have better eyesight. Tones more brownish (with slight gold tinge at very top), then gradiates down to black rather quickly. The dress's base color is blue. I'm referring to the color of the dark trim changing as you look down the dress.

Slygmous

Did OP just change the picture?

I saw white and gold, read to the end of the thread and saw the "exposure corrected" version, went back to the first page and can see blue and black only now :(

corn_fest

Just turned off the lights in my room and now it totally looks blue and black, especially in the fixed-exposure picture, and nothing like the colors I pulled out in Photoshop (^) earlier.

Crazy shit.

White and gold. Where are people seeing black? I have no idea. I can understand interpreting the white shirt as blue due to the tint though.

Sölf

I checked the RGB values as well and see the same thing. What I REALLY want to know is, for anyone looking at corn_fest's picture, do you also see black and blue there?

I only see black and blue in all of the dress pictures. Stop telling me you see something different! D:

RCSI

Weird.

I saw White and Gold, scrolled down to read the rest of the page, after seeing the other photo of it in Blue and Black I scrolled back up and the original image then had a Blue and Black dress.

My brain can't take this sorcery!

Exact same thing happened to me. The dress quickly shifted from blue and black to white and gold...before my eyes. I do not trust my eyes anymore!
As far as colors go, which I knew before hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom