• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The colors of this photo will appear different to everyone. I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
i looked at it on three different screens (lcd monitor, plasma tv, and an iphone)

looks blue and black on all 3

some parts of the black look gold though, but the blue is really obviously blue

Same here, looked on my phone and computer. The gold looking part I just took for light shining on it.

Floridian

I asked my mommy and she also said black & blue. The room i'm currently in is bright atm, but I see no difference when turning the lights on or off.

vDwKi6f.png

This is definitely bullshit. Do we know this is the guy who original posted the illusion? Even if it was, he clearly has no idea how to design an experiment. He did nothing to determine whether or not the color changed was caused by mood. This definitely reads like something that somebody just made up after the illusion became popular. That's not how experiments work.

Not to mention it looks pretty unprofessional to put out this explanation with pink letters on a green background

Edwardo

Me and my family just got in a huge battle at the dinner table about this. Some saw it white and gold every time. Some saw it only blue and black. Some said it changed when they looked away.

I haven't seen it anything other than white and gold.

StoopKid

That's pretty crazy. When I came in I definitely saw gold/white, watched some TV, came back and nows its very much blue/black.

It was blue and black on my iPhone.

Then I looked on my iPad and now it's white and gold on both my iPhone and iPad.

So freaky!

I can understand seeing the white as having a blue tint, but it's blowing my mind that people see the gold color as black.

EDIT: WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SORCERY IT CHANGED COLORS

Jopie

Me and my family just got in a huge battle at the dinner table about this. Some saw it white and gold every time. Some saw it only blue and black. Some said it changed when they looked away.

I haven't seen it anything other than white and gold.

At dinner with my family. all of my in laws see blue and black. I see white and gold.

Izuna

Banned
I am convinced that if you are seeing black, when photoshop or any program knows it is isn't even close to grey, you must be in the bad eyes section. I refuse to believe I am supposed to (if my eyes were working) to see the colour differently to how it is isolated.

Bluish white and Gold/dark brown for me

Seems to me the difference between blue/black or white/gold is about people being able to discern colours from subconscious context. Personally, I see the dress as black and blue, but the actual pixels are very obviously going to be gold in the black area because of the over exposure, but because the whole picture is over exposed, the brain compensates for it and I can tell it would be black if I saw it properly. For reference, I have 20/20 vision and I'm not colour blind.

kirby_fox

Banned
White/Gold. I then sat back and could see more blue than I saw originally.

Always had a feeling we all saw color differently because of how many times my parents would ask me to get something of a color that didn't look the color they asked for. Specifically my step dad asking for green garbage bags, and my perception of them being black. I guess he saw them as dark green, while I saw it as just black.

Note: Your monitor can dramatically affect the way you're seeing the "black" or "gold" area.

I just switched the window to my other monitor and the black appears more brownish.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I see a white/gold dress that has a blue tint based on the lighting and exposure of the picture. I see the dress as being white and not blue because there's clearly a strong light source behind the dress and so we're looking at the dress in shadow.

The other color is clearly gold though. I don't understand how anybody could begin to interpret it as black.

hiex_

Banned
I feel like this is an enormous communication error.

btw it's blue and dark gold, bordering on brown. Anyone who disagrees with my opinion is factually wrong.

Dosia

I first saw white and gold. I then saved it to iphone and sent to wife and now I see blue and black. Help me.

FiggyCal

Banned
Note: Your monitor can dramatically affect the way you're seeing the "black" or "gold" area.

I just switched the window to my other monitor and the black appears more brownish.

I switched to my second monitor. The original pic is very clearly white and gold, but the "fixed" one is blue and gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom