• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The E3 2006 Meetup Thread - Now with bar meet-up details!!

BuddyC

The Traditional E3 Meet

When: Wednesday, May 10th, 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM or so.

Where: Near the Media Hospitality Room (RM 515) on the 2nd floor of West Hall. Just take the escalators outside the main West Hall entrance and make a right. Here's a picture the complete with a red X to mark the spot where we'll be. Look out for the guy with the badge reading Chris Faylor -- that's me.

gafe3.jpg

Questions: chris@gaming-age.com

Teddman

No cocktail meet this year, I suppose? Quick, somebody pretend to book an open bar so everyone's interested again!

BuddyC

Teddman said:
No cocktail meet this year, I suppose? Quick, somebody pretend to book an open bar so everyone's interested again!
Haha. Nothing official, no, but I'm down for something Monday or Tuesday night.

polg

mmm... I think I have an appointment with somebody around that time... but will try to make it for the photo! :p

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
Wish I could be there. :(

Thanks to finals, I won't be arriving until Wednesday night. If anyone's at the ZD party, though, throw a beer at me. I'll be wandering the last two days.

citan

Sweet, I'll see you all there, I think I have an appointment at 1:00 or something like that, but I'll see you all there.

Chris L

tehama

Wellington said:
I could show up. I may make the ZD party as well, but I have Dodger tickets that night! :)

I doubt anybody with Dodger tickets will be anywhere else that night. Any guesses as to who'll be performing there?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Got an Appointment at 11:30, depending on how long it runs I'll be there.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I'll be there... 2005 was a lapse...

There -is- that "not an e3 party" drinking thing going on somewhere down the street.

I'll try and make this, I think it actually falls right into a hole in my schedule.

EDIT: Er, maybe not. I have something ending at 12:30. I'll swing by then and see if people are still hanging around.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
NintendoGal said:
I'll be there, hope I'm not the only female who shows up. That'd make me stand out in the picture (maybe). =/

We seem to have 2-3 women per year... I think.

just spent my first night in LA :)
You guys woulndt even wanna know where I am staying as its like a crackhous in hermosa beach haha

its´s crazy never been in a shitty hostel like this ever in fact its my first time in a hostel!

but today I am going to change place to a hotel on santa monica BLVD

so far I have enjoyed my stay but I was a bit afriad last night while sleeping in this hostel, there where people walking in the halls on drugs and looked really scary!

I aint used to see stuff like that so I and the twins where a bit afraid.

but I will be at E3 so count me in to the GAF meetup!

I am going to change hotels asoon as the twins wake up, its like 6am here and I am jetlaged

Link

The Autumn Wind
NintendoGal said:
I'll be there, hope I'm not the only female who shows up. That'd make me stand out in the picture (maybe). =/
You shouldn't be, though I'd still try to wear unflattering clothing for your own protection.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Count me in, I'll be the guy with the annoying LI accent and 3 other kids tagging along wondering wtf is going on. :p

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
I got meetings n shit all day, but I'll do my best to make it. I'm sure Folder/Nintendont will pop by and say hello if he's around :p

crunker99

Any way we can make this until 130 pm? The NCSoft showing is 12-1pm that day and i know a lot of people will have an appointment there as well

BuddyC

crunker99 said:
Any way we can make this until 130 pm? The NCSoft showing is 12-1pm that day and i know a lot of people will have an appointment there as well
It's up to everyone else, I've got an appointment at 1:00 so I'll have to run.

ghibli99

I'll try to make it... I have to be at the show by 8AM putting the finishing touches on our booth, so I'm sure I'll be pretty dead by noon. :)

I'll most likely be wearing my black IKARUGA shirt or the olive green TATE one.

Enjoy the show, guys... here's to sore feet and hangovers.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
if the Lakers win the series against the Suns, we will all have to contend with Staples Center ped traffic the whole time. :lol

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Ok whats this "Folder" thing? Im out of the loop on this one

crunker99

BuddyC said:
It's up to everyone else, I've got an appointment at 1:00 so I'll have to run.

d'oh! Oh well i will do my best to be there, maybe ill sneak out 10 mins early from NC and come by. dm@gamersreports.com if anyone wnats to contact me or GamersReportsDM on AIM

i should be available from tuesday 3pm or so on in my hotel in cali, i am in the RAMADA WEST HOLLYWOOD anyoone else in that hotel or near it?

Link

The Autumn Wind
Wellington said:
if the Lakers win the series against the Suns, we will all have to contend with Staples Center ped traffic the whole time. :lol

Go Suns!!

arne

I'll be there, even if I have to switch something around.

(or at least come say hi at the MS booth, I'll be there pretty much constantly all the time. heheh)

Seth C

Have fun, guys. Thanks to finals, I won't be making E3 at all this year. First time in nearly a decade.

Top Bottom