• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Lore Thread

Esch

Banned
Because I believe sometimes a game can't compete with imagination, and the feeling of awe and dread some ancient places/people evoke can be dulled when they're actually shown. But maybe that's a personal thing.

Meh. I guess I feel that no matter what happens, I'd rather experience something and have it not live up to expectations than never experience it at all.

Plus even if we explore Akavir, there's still Atmora, Yokuda, and all the islands between Akavir and Tamriel!

Let's just focus on exploring the rest of Tamriel we haven't seen yet, first. I have no need to visit Akavir or another continent when we haven't seen most of High Rock, Hammerfell and Morrowind, and haven't even set foot in Black Marsh, Valenwood, Elsweyr and the Summerset Isles.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Meh. I guess I feel that no matter what happens, I'd rather experience something and have it not live up to expectations than never experience it at all.

Plus even if we explore Akavir, there's still Atmora, Yokuda, and all the islands between Akavir and Tamriel!
Atmora is an ice-desert now though, at least according to in-game lore. So there is no real need to go there. Also id wager it looks a lot like Skyrim, with Nordic tombs and dragon-temples everywhere.
Yokuda beeing a mostly sunken is not particularly intersting either.
Akavir however would be awesome, however we have not yet seen the Forests of Valenwood for example, which would most definitely be a feast for Elf lovers.

Valhelm

contribute something
Because I believe sometimes a game can't compete with imagination, and the feeling of awe and dread some ancient places/people evoke can be dulled when they're actually shown. But maybe that's a personal thing.

Hahahah, I disagree, personally. A game set in the entirety of Akavir would just be amazing. I want to see the ten thousand monkeys, and meet the Dragon King. The idea of a "tropical China" setting is awesome.

Hahahah, I disagree, personally. A game set in the entirety of Akavir would just be amazing. I want to see the ten thousand monkeys, and meet the Dragon King. The idea of a "tropical China" setting is awesome.

Thing is, those "ten thousand monkeys" would probably become more like fifteen monkeys.

Esch

Banned
I think they will deliver harder on the scale in TESVI. We have the procedural generation tools. We have the technology.

Reyne

I wouldn't mind seeing isolated parts of Akavir, in the sense of transporting to Oblivion or going to Blackreach in Skyrim. But having the entire game focusing on that doesn't seem logical right now, and possibly very alienating to the larger fanbase. Too many strange creatures and according to lore, man or mer don't live there.

golem

I wouldn't mind seeing isolated parts of Akavir, in the sense of transporting to Oblivion or going to Blackreach in Skyrim. But having the entire game focusing on that doesn't seem logical right now, and possibly very alienating to the larger fanbase. Too many strange creatures and according to lore, man or mer don't live there.

One of the things that worries me is now that the series is so popular, they won't risk placing the setting in a more exotic non-traditional-fantasy locale.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I think they will deliver harder on the scale in TESVI. We have the procedural generation tools. We have the technology.

Not to be lewd but I honestly do get a boner when I think about an Elder Scrolls game on new hardware. With the amount of RAM and guaranteed hard disks on all platforms, my imagination gets away from me easily when I begin to think of the systems and potential for story and discovery.

120v

i always thought akavir was reserve material in case they ever ran out of stuff to do in Tamriel. and i'm okay with that, still plenty to see there.

Dead Man

One of the things that worries me is now that the series is so popular, they won't risk placing the setting in a more exotic non-traditional-fantasy locale.

Yeah, but even a place as traditional as Skyrim is interesting and has variety. Cyrodiil has good variety too, it was just not rendered well I think. I think those are the most 'generic fantasy' provinces, and the games turned out fine (well, at least in terms of the setting and world) so I'm not too worried on that front.

I'm much more worried by the abandonment of PC interfaces.

That's a valid concern but they only have so many "safe" locations left until they have to pick from the more exotic provinces. Hammerfell and Summerset seem certain (and we'll probably see them in the order I listed them, as TES VI and VII respectively). Valenwood is more than viable, but I'm not sure how much it's got going for it and they're not going to do Summerset and Valenwood back to back. Elsweyr is...doable, but it's going to take some creative thinking to differentiate its desert regions from what we're sure to see in Hammerfell. Add to that all the myriad strains of Khajiit they'll have to render and it becomes a tall order. As much as it pains me to say it, we'll never be able to see Blackmarsh. At least not without Bethesda retconning some of the elements that make the setting unique, like the flesh-eating flies and plagues. A normal human being shouldn't be able to survive in Black Marsh for more than a couple days unless they're cramped into one of its bigger cities.

In the end, the "new province for every sequel" model isn't sustainable. I think they're more likely to revisit Morrowind or High Rock than they are to make a game that takes place in Elsweyr or Blackmarsh.

undersakura

Neo Member
There's so much focus on Nirn. What about the Oblivion/Daedric realms or places/events that don't exist in time? Very exciting possibilities.

There's so much focus on Nirn. What about the Oblivion/Daedric realms or places/events that don't exist in time? Very exciting possibilities.

I was just thinking the other day that a game taking place entirely in Sovngarde would be amazing.
Twist: your character was Shor the whole time!
Or something.

WE SHALL NOT LET IT DIE.

I've been reading up on my lore via the Imperial Library and the TESLore Reddit, man, there's a lot of stuff that's passed me by. Especially Kirkbride's writings are as insane as they are brilliant. He's probably high on Skooma every time he writes that stuff.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
That's a valid concern but they only have so many "safe" locations left until they have to pick from the more exotic provinces. Hammerfell and Summerset seem certain (and we'll probably see them in the order I listed them, as TES VI and VII respectively). Valenwood is more than viable, but I'm not sure how much it's got going for it and they're not going to do Summerset and Valenwood back to back. Elsweyr is...doable, but it's going to take some creative thinking to differentiate its desert regions from what we're sure to see in Hammerfell. Add to that all the myriad strains of Khajiit they'll have to render and it becomes a tall order. As much as it pains me to say it, we'll never be able to see Blackmarsh. At least not without Bethesda retconning some of the elements that make the setting unique, like the flesh-eating flies and plagues. A normal human being shouldn't be able to survive in Black Marsh for more than a couple days unless they're cramped into one of its bigger cities.

In the end, the "new province for every sequel" model isn't sustainable. I think they're more likely to revisit Morrowind or High Rock than they are to make a game that takes place in Elsweyr or Blackmarsh.
I'm not excited for Hammerfell at all. Bleak desert everywhere? No thanks.

Their Arabic-inspired clothing and architecture is great, but the actual environment seems uninteresting. Especially after coming from Skyrim, which was mostly ice and snow. Trading snow for sand seems like trading an apple for an orange - why not try an exotic fruit, like a pineapple? I'd like to see Hammerfell eventually, but I'm really hoping we see Summerset or Elsweyr, first.
I guess I just compared Summerset or Elsweyr to a pineapple. Which is... pretty accurate, as far as fruit analogies go.

Also, Black Marsh is a place you can visit in ESO. So, there's that.

Esch

Banned

Their Arabic-inspired clothing and architecture is great, but the actual environment seems uninteresting. Especially after coming from the Skyrim, which was mostly ice and snow. Trading snow for sand seems like trading an apple for an orange - why not try an exotic fruit, like a pineapple? I'd like to see Hammerfell eventually, but I'm really hoping we see Summerset or Elsweyr, first.
I guess I just compared Summerset or Elsweyr to a pineapple. Which is... pretty accurate, as far as fruit analogies go.

There's more to Hammerfell than deserts lol.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3

Their Arabic-inspired clothing and architecture is great, but the actual environment seems uninteresting. Especially after coming from the Skyrim, which was mostly ice and snow. Trading snow for sand seems like trading an apple for an orange - why not try an exotic fruit, like a pineapple? I'd like to see Hammerfell eventually, but I'm really hoping we see Summerset or Elsweyr, first.

If the map posted earlier in this thread is at all any indication of "reality", it's not all high desert. There's marshes, temperate fortests, plains, mountains.

Moreover, the Khajit talk about "the sands of Elsweyr" constantly.

I'm excited for Hammerfell for a variety of reasons. After playing Skyrim mods like Tropical Skyrim and Moonpath to Elsweyr I can't wait to see what Beth does with a desert region. That's not to say Hammerfell doesn't have more variety. Skyrim could have easily been one giant tundra but I think Beth did a good job of differentiating between the different regions.

What I'm most excited about is that with Hammerfell we might finally get a bit of distance from the Imperials and their spotlight hogging tendencies. Hammerfell's split from the Empire should allow us to see the spotlight settle on a new culture for a while, one that could use some fleshing out.

It's supposed to be, but the images got delayed because of a computer error. Rather than delaying the entire thing, Kirkbride opted to get at least something out there already. Reading it now, looks interesting.

Are the novels any good?

They're pretty good. They paint a good picture of Tamriel shortly after the Oblivion Crisis. The Empire in shambles, the Thalmor on the rise (they're only a fringe threat at this point in time, though), and then this huge floating city comes to fuck shit up. Also goes in-depth about the destruction of Morrowind.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
If the map posted earlier in this thread is at all any indication of "reality", it's not all high desert. There's marshes, temperate fortests, plains, mountains.

Moreover, the Khajit talk about "the sands of Elsweyr" constantly.
That map is... actually pretty appealing.

I'd still rather see Summerset, but if they can make Hammerfell look like that, I think I'd be ok with it. I was basing my earlier assumptions based on screens from ESO, like these two (which are from different zones, Al'akir Desert and Stros M'kai):

Alik%27r_Desert_Screenshot.jpg

I like the idea of "ancient cities buried in the sand". Imagine if they get some Spec Ops-like tech for the sand in the game, so it becomes an actual threat as you're venturing in old ruins.

Also, having finished C0da, I can confirm that Michael Kirkbride is batshit insane. I have no idea what half the comic was about, but some pretty big stuff was dropped.
The Numidium destroyed all of Nirn, and the protagonist of the graphic novel lives on one of the moons. They live underground, because there is no breathable air on the surface. The tunnels they live in were carved by big, carnivorous worms, who are still around. There's some more advanced technology, but only in some aspects. At the end, it goes all weird, with the main character cutting of his hands, getting drunk with Talos, who is revealed to be Lorkhan (and yet the moons are his body), and then confronting the Numidium, killing it, and marrying a female version of the recently-returned Vivec.

EzxLOOR.jpg

As with everything Kirkbride writes about TES, it's canon unless proven otherwise, so I guess we'll see if Bethesda takes up anything from it. I'm under the impression that Skyrim was taking place at the end of the Fourth Era, so if we get a game set in the Fifth, it'll be interesting to see what they do.

Dead Man

I like the idea of "ancient cities buried in the sand". Imagine if they get some Spec Ops-like tech for the sand in the game, so it becomes an actual threat as you're venturing in old ruins.

Also, having finished C0da, I can confirm that Michael Kirkbride is batshit insane. I have no idea what half the comic was about, but some pretty big stuff was dropped.
The Numidium destroyed all of Nirn, and the protagonist of the graphic novel lives on one of the moons. They live underground, because there is no breathable air on the surface. The tunnels they live in were carved by big, carnivorous worms, who are still around. There's some more advanced technology, but only in some aspects. At the end, it goes all weird, with the main character cutting of his hands, getting drunk with Talos, who is revealed to be Lorkhan (and yet the moons are his body), and then confronting the Numidium, killing it, and marrying a female version of the recently-returned Vivec.

As with everything Kirkbride writes about TES, it's canon unless proven otherwise, so I guess we'll see if Bethesda takes up anything from it. I'm under the impression that Skyrim was taking place at the end of the Fourth Era, so if we get a game set in the Fifth, it'll be interesting to see what they do.

That is batshit insane. Just, lunacy.

Also, since the NDA on the TESO Beta has lifted, someone has put all (or at least, presumably all) books found in the game online.

Check 'em out.

Another little thing from C0Da about TESO:
Queen Ayrenn, the leader of the Aldmeri Dominion, is actually KINMUNE, a quasi-robot which used to mine in the "space" above Nirn during the 9th Era. She got catapulted into ancient times during a war between Hist and Jill (dragons), and took on a multitude of forms, apparently including that of Queen Ayrenn. It's also hinted that at least some part of KINMUNE is the Eye of Magnus we find underneath Saarthal in the 4th Era.

The thing about C0da is, it's not so much as a telling as it is a statement: Kirkbride, who, as you know, no longer works at Bethesda, is still deeply invested in the TES universe, and by releasing this graphic novel he has made a statement: to him, TES lore is "the house of WE", it's a collaborative effort, it's open-source. The games can draw from it all they want, and from what other people have created, too. It's up to everyone else to make their own "head-canon": if that involves dismissing the events in C0da as a weed-induced hallucination, then it's your good right to do so.

Bethesda's purposefully keeping a bit mum on the subject (though Pete Hines seemed to have said, much to Kirkbride's chagrin, that "only the games are canon"), and I doubt they'll speak out on the matter. So interpret most of this stuff the way you want it to: as the Dragon Break to end all Dragon Breaks, a vision into the future of the TES universe, or as glorified fan-fiction. It's up to you.

I love TES lore, but that just sounds stupid...

SolVanderlyn

I love KINMUNE and the concept that
Ayrenn is one of its forms,
and I'm ecstatic that C0da confirms this, but the rest of that summary sounds, like others have said, completely insane. I wish Kirkbride would put some reigns on his far-out ideas, because he really is a fantastic writer with some fantastic ideas; he just needs to learn when enough is enough. Maybe he needs some editors.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
It's like he's escaped from a David Lynch adaptation of the shit that Stan Lee and Jack Kirby thought were too much for development.

And I haven't even mentioned the part where Vivec, Almalexia and Sotha Sil are superheroes in a Times Square-version of Morrowind, fighting a virulent plague that gives people TV's for heads.

Esch

Banned
And I haven't even mentioned the part where Vivec, Almalexia and Sotha Sil are superheroes in a Times Square-version of Morrowind, fighting a virulent plague that gives people TV's for heads.
Hqhahahhahahhahahahahaha im reading this when the art drops

In the script, they called it "Tomorrowind". I wish I was joking. :lol

LzCsXK8l.jpg
zBYwgTDl.jpg

There's even a sketch of Almalexia and Vivec's superhero garb.

Before you start despairing about the future of the TES universe, remember that C0da is basically Kirkbride's way of throwing the TES canon out of the window. The superhero chapter I mentioned above is testament to that: it's something bat-shit insane that could have happened, it's up to you to choose if it did or didn't.

I honestly think it's a terrible idea, but to each his own. The lore buffs at TESLore seem to eat it all up.

SolVanderlyn

Well, I just read some of C0da for myself. Apparently, Hammerfell
was flooded at some point before Landfall.

"Stomping-- to put it kindly-- all of Hammerfell into the ocean to, I don't know, remind its people of their history. And then you chased us here."

Some guy on TESLore - turokman2000 - picked up on this, and suggested that Hammerfell might have been Wind Waker'd instead of completely flooded. That would be... interesting. Either way, though, it's not what it used to be.

OmegaDL50

Aren't the Reguard supposedly seafaring folk that live in a coastal city and desert oasis's.

I am basing my limited knowledge from what I've played of the series (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, and that Redguard game that takes place on Stros M'kai)

I figure based on their in-racial description of being good warriors living off coastal harbors (mainly the coastal city and capital of Sentinel), and the Alik'r Dessert, and if you factor the Colovian Highlands in Oblivion is near the southern coast of Hammerfall would imply there is also some grassy plains.

I totally wouldn't mind if Hammerfell based on the information provided had a setting that was mixed with Arabia and Caribbean Isles.

Elder Scroll games don't get into the Sea Travel thing much, considering the group of small islands off the coast of Hammerfell. That would be a great game to do that without some sort of teleportation / fast travel gimmick involved. Hell any excuse to have Pirates in an Elderscrolls title would be nice too.

http://www.imperial-library.info/si...allery-display/gallery_files/map_hf_names.jpg

Considering it's also the 3rd largest country in Tamriel, behind Cyrodiil and Morrowind, would make it a fairly diverse location to explore in terms of terrain of the landmass (it borders both Skyrim and Cyrodiil so having grassy plains, snowlike tundras, and the large Alik'r desert for diversity isn't out of the realm of possibility, not to mention the large coastal cities and neighboring islands)

I doubt there's snowlike tundras in Hammerfell. There's probably a coast similar to the Gold Coast in Cyrodiil, a large desert with some spots of oasis, a bit of forest on its border with Skyrim, followed by arid steppes, and a generally green and fertile coast at Illiac Bay. Could be wrong, though.

Esch

Banned
This might be a controversial topic, but can we talk about the racial undertones of TES for a minute? Does anyone else feel like they/Bethesda kind of portray the darker races in a very pointed way? As a man of dark skin, I feel somewhat miffed by the Redguards being portrayed as a broken, nomadic people who are 'excellent athletes/fighters with no affinity for magic' in a world where magic is essentially an analogy for science and technology? Now, there is some interesting discussion to be had here because Yokuda was formerly a very advanced civilization, with comparatively advanced everything compared to their nedic (ie white) counterparts before its demise. Now, I can accept this as they seem to portray this as a comparison to the general development of human civilization, being that African and Asian civilizations were quite advanced and technologically quite ahead before the development of European civilizations with the rise of Greece and Rome. That would be fine I suppose, if they were to do so, I would have preferred them to portray how Redguard civilizations came first and achievements from the heights of their civilizations helped form the foundation of Nedic ones instead of the 'independent starts' they give both human populations. Just like how Greece's development was spurred in turn by developments in Africa and the East.

Among Mer, Bethesda also portrays the darker elves as inferior and amoral. The Orsimer and Dunmer are cursed and evil. The bosmer are primitive wood people with no advanced technology and minimal impact on the history of Nirn. The Dunmer are power hungry, destructive assassins, daedric magic worshippers. Their women are portrayed as loose and promiscuous. Both are ideal for playing as thieves, archers, and cutthroats. The Orsimer are brute tradesmen with bronze age cultures and no scientific achievements besides smith skill.

I am used to eurocentrism in the fantasy genre. Tolkien for example portrays dark men as evil, and easily swayed and enslaved by Sauron. Fantasy games always elevate ideals and virtues of Western civilization above all, so this isn't new. Just wondering what some of you think, even though I know most of you are white. Try to put yourself in my shoes for a bit when taking a look at all this.

Valhelm

contribute something

EzxLOOR.jpg

I love this shit. I'm guessing that this was meant to be metaphorical (nobody actually got drunk with Talos), but still adds a lot of interesting depth to the canon.

I'd love to see some more Elderscrolls material set in the Fifth Era. This is when, for the first time in the history of Nirn, peoples other than the Dwemer began to embrace technology and use it alongside magic. Because essentially everybody can use magic, there has never been a need for any kind of scientific advancement, and as such Tamriel has been in a kind of "medieval stasis" for well over a thousand years. Something happens, at the end of the Fourth Era (Skyrim's setting) that changes all of this.

An Elder Scrolls game set in Summerset, with hints of an industrial revolution, could be quite fun.

Reyne

This might be a controversial topic, but can we talk about the racial undertones of TES for a minute? Does anyone else feel like they/Bethesda kind of portray the darker races in a very pointed way?

Possibly. But then if we are going by the stereotypes, thats true for all the races. The Nords are drunken, uneducated, bigoted barbarians. Imperials are basically a mongrel race of former slaves who inherited their culture and civilization from the elves and are extremely greedy. And the Altmer are arrogant supremacist concerned with maintaining purity of their race, and are responsible for creating a quasi-Nazi faction. That's quite pointed too, if you ask me.

Can't comment for what should have or could have been though. But I do think most of the races are more than their stereotypes, and its not a good idea to view these stories as allegories.

Esch

Banned
Possibly. But then if we are going by the stereotypes, thats true for all the races. The Nords are drunken, uneducated, bigoted barbarians. Imperials are basically a mongrel race of former slaves who inherited their culture and civilization from the elves and are extremely greedy. And the Altmer are arrogant supremacist concerned with maintaining purity of their race, and are responsible for creating a quasi-Nazi faction. That's quite pointed too, if you ask me.

Can't comment for what should have or could have been though. But I do think most of the races are more than their stereotypes, and its not a good idea to view these stories as allegories.

Good call, I think you are certainly right about the nords. I do think that how propped up the Imperials are by the Ayleids is an interesting debate though. If I were to compare Ayleid and Imperial culture I think i'd compare them to the Greeks and Romans, the Romans being the Imperials building off the skeleton of the Ayleids. I don't think of the Imperials as greedy per se. Smooth tongued and business oriented, but I think that if you were to level 'greed' at any TES race it would be the Khajit due to their illicit dealings. Your post is definitely making me want to replay TESIV So would you compare the Altmer to the Germans?

As for not taking the allegorical view, I'm not saying you should or the creators intend you to, but I do think that it's a necessary byproduct of worldbuilding given that no matter how you do it you're going to draw parallels between our world and theirs, especially when you make ethnicity a sticking point in lore and gameplay.

Daemul

EzxLOOR.jpg

MK I love you and your works, but this is too crazy. I'm with Peter Hines on this one.

wHeJUaA.gif

That's it, I'm done. Bethesda ignore this nonsense please.

Don't worry, I doubt we'll get to see a TES game in Kirkbride's expanded universe. I think C0da might just be the point where his work and that of the writers at Bethesda split off.

It did inspire me to go back and reread some of the stuff hidden in the lore. For instance, the Thalmor banning the worship of Talos, while technically a new concept (and one people are glad to bring up when they try to defend the Stormcloaks), is just a continuation of things that were happening long before Man even walked on Nirn. As with everything TES, it all comes back to Lorkhan. Talos is nothing more than an aspect of Lorkhan, and he was much more than just Tiber Septim while mortal. Talos represents several beings, which all had a connection to Lorkhan. Lorkhan being, of course, the god who set in motion the creation of Nirn, and the eventual entrapment of the Et'Ada, which would lead to them becoming mortals. Lorkhan has always been the mortal's god, and when Auri-El ripped out his heart, speared it on an arrow and sent it flying across Tamriel, that just became more evident.

The Elves despise Lorkhan for their mortality. The ironic thing is this: there's no sign that Elves, even the Aldmer, were ever immortal. They were once spirits, true, but so was everything on Tamriel's surface. Some of those Et'Ada became the laws of nature. Others evolved into the mortal beings that now dwell Tamriel. In a way, the Thalmor should be supportive of Talos worship, since the beings he's comprised of were mortal, just as them, and proved that ascension was possible. And yet they cling to this belief that the worship of Talos (and, by extension, Lorkhan) has to be quelled.

Why? Lorkhan. Shezarr. Shor. Call him what you will. His heart, wherever it may be located now, is the beating heart of Nirn. It's one of the things, along with the towers, that keep the world anchored where it is. The Thalmor, obviously, want to unbind this, so they go back to a state of timelessness, formlessness, and, in effect, deathlessness. If you recall, the Crystal Tower on the Summerset Isle was destroyed during the Oblivion Crisis. It's said that the Daedra were responsible for that, but were they really? The Thalmor were already trying to advance their goals during that time, they were just a fringe political party. It wouldn't be completely insane to think that they'd want to topple the one thing on Alinor that represented everything they wanted to undo, would it?

And that's why they want worship of Talos banned, as well. Because of his connection to Lorkhan, the missing god. You can be damn sure the Thalmor will be actively searching for the Heart of Lorkhan as well, so I'm positive they have a presence on mainland Morrowind (and Vvardenfell) as well, as that is where the heart was last seen. They also almost managed to topple the White-Gold Tower in Cyrodiil, but were driven back during the Battle of the Red Ring. Levelling the tower, and the city with it, will definitely be up there on their 'to do'-list once they get back into full-scale war. It's why they wouldn't let go of Hammerfell, either: they probably wanted a base of operations close to the Direnni Tower in the Illiac Bay. And then there's the Throat of the World, though what their plans are with that remains to be seen.

What I'm trying to say is this: the Thalmor really are the greatest threat out there right now. Alduin has been vanquished, so the end of this kalpa has been indefinitely postponed. They've managed to trap the Imperials and the Nords in a stupid, useless war. Humans, beast races and dunmer are divided. The Empire is barely holding together, the Redguards are in an uneasy detente, the Stormcloaks are crying liberty (which, when you take the above into account, is just fucking stupid), the Dunmer and the Argonians have ripped themselves from the yoke of the Empire and gone to war as well: it's no wonder the Thalmor have gotten as powerful as they did.

I see people who want to know the resolution of the civil war in Skyrim. They probably never will. By the time the next game is set, whatever choice you made will be rendered irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. The Emperor's death is probably the most important thing in that game, lore-wise. I'm guessing it'll be the death blow for the Empire, finally splintering and leaving only war and turmoil in its wake. But, maybe the races of Tamriel will wisen up and remember the threat they've got eying them in the west. Maybe.

Tl;dr: Thalmor real bad, yo.

Top Bottom