• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn |OT| Did you think you were the only one?

GhaleonEB

Just examined my work schedule for tomorrow. I think I'm going to make it my "work from home" day for the week. Or perhaps my "work" from home day for the week.

curlycare

Hopefully Pc and Ps3 release won't slip too far into january. Would be nice to play Dragonborn before next semester.

Guess I'll just have to steal my brothers' 360 :p

Souther

Banned
hey, since installing Dawnguard none of my mods have worked at all. I have them enabled but the effects don't show up at all.

Here are the only mods I have activated.
OrhFh.png

Need to fix your load order there.

"ESM"s need to be loaded 1st, then "ESP" files. The Unofficial Skyrim patch should come after the Dawnguard.esm and then the Unofficial Dawnguard patch should come after the U-Skyrim patch, then HD DLC1/2. The chopping block/woodfires fix should be coming after these patches, not before.

This is how it should look like.

Dawnguard.esm
Hearthfire.esm
U.S.P(esm or esp can't remember, either way it comes after esm.)
U.D.P(same as above)
Highres texturepack01.esp
Highres texture pack02.esp

Then your other esp's.

Having the 2 highres texture pack mods kind of acts as a separator in a way for your mods on the load order so you make sure you place the esm's above them and the esp's below them. Kind of a visual cue really.

Also a lot of the mods you have installed only worked with the vanilla skyrim, so you may have to look and see if updated versions of your mods have been released that work for dawnguard.

Just a reminder...I was doing this before i bothered with the NMM. If you are going to download mods and install them manually instead of using NMM or the Steamwork shop, make sure you keep a copy of the mod you download so if you need to uninstall it you will know exactly what files to remove to remove the mod.

Plasmid

Didn't care for dawnguard, but im going to run through that again after finals. I'm so fuckin excited for Dragonborn.

1600 points is steep though.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Man, I just wanna export my PS3 save and put it onto my PC version.
If this was possible I would double-dip and buy the PC version for sure. I only built my rig over the summer so I bought Skyrim last fall on PS3. But since Bethesda are bastards and consistently treat PS3 users like mushrooms (fed shit and kept in the dark) I haven't really played much after my initial 50 hour file that never even started the main story. Wish I had never bought it honestly and had just waited for the PC version. Won't make the same mistake again.

Drazgul

Me too, I was hoping they expand on it by:

-saving only in towns
-no fast travel
-make cooking useful
-make all caves/dungeons pitch black ( would make torches have a purpose )

Hasn't there been a mod yet that does this? Haven't really followed the scene (will just wait until all DLCs are released before playing again) for some time now.

Hasn't there been a mod yet that does this? Haven't really followed the scene (will just wait until all DLCs are released before playing again) for some time now.

There's mods that do each of those things. There is one exception the save part. I'm pretty sure there's no realistic way to stop that from being possible.

03sho

PS3 user here so haven't played any DLC's. Just wondering do you carry on with your character you played with in the main story? So, xp, items etc carry on?

OddworldBOY

Neo Member
Well, Im the PS3 player, so it's either they fix it for me, or I'll watch it on Youtube. This DLC looks narly, so I do want it.

cdyhybrid

PS3 user here so haven't played any DLC's. Just wondering do you carry on with your character you played with in the main story? So, xp, items etc carry on?

Finishing the main quest is the same as finishing any other quest. You character is still around and can go do whatever you feel like, quests you haven't done, etc.

There's no "end".

PS3 players should expect to play Dragonborn and the other DLC around this time next year, if I had to muster a guess. We likely won't see it until the GOTY edition comes out.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I can't believe the DLC is out tomorrow and there's been almost zero official information about it.

AEREC

I really don't want to deal with mods. I just force those rules (saving in towns and no fast travel) on myself while I play.

curlycare

Pete Hines on Twitter said:
We think Dragonborn is our best add-on for Skyrim yet, and we didn’t want fans to wait long for it, so that’s our current focus.

Pete Hines on Twitter said:
As far as other DLCs, we’re not done working on Skyrim content. We’ll let everyone know when we have new details/info to share.

Looks promising. Let's hope Dragonborn lives up to the claims.
I wonder if this content they are talking about is Dawnguard/Hearthfire on Ps3 or something completely new.

colinp

Banned
If this was possible I would double-dip and buy the PC version for sure. I only built my rig over the summer so I bought Skyrim last fall on PS3. But since Bethesda are bastards and consistently treat PS3 users like mushrooms (fed shit and kept in the dark) I haven't really played much after my initial 50 hour file that never even started the main story. Wish I had never bought it honestly and had just waited for the PC version. Won't make the same mistake again.

There's a guy on YouTube that can transfer your PS3 saves to PC. He did it for me earlier this year, didn't take but a few days. Do a search and I'm sure you'll find it. Double dipped because of the service, worked flawlessly.

Here's the guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugOCEEbjkyI&feature=plcp
He requires a $10-12 paypal donation to do it these days. Totally worth it- the guy is great!

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm ready for Dragonborn. Crafted/enchanted a new Daedric bow with some elixirs. It's pretty damn good. The housecarl is going to have to look after Ysolda and Runa for me. He better not be sleeping with Ysolda behind my back the bald-headed bastard. At least Ysolda gives me plenty of gold from her shop.

Volimar

A hardcore mod for the 360, with loads of options you can check or uncheck depending on if they appeal to you. That would be a dream come true.

hemtae

I'm ready for Dragonborn. Crafted/enchanted a new Daedric bow with some elixirs. It's pretty damn good. The housecarl is going to have to look after Ysolda and Runa for me. He better not be sleeping with Ysolda behind my back the bald-headed bastard. At least Ysolda gives me plenty of gold from her shop.

You're going to be gone for at least a month in game time if the rumors are true. I hope you signed a prenup.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope this is the last Skyrim DLC that's a timed exclusive.

And yes, Cliffracers are supposedly extinct, according to both Oblivion and Skyrim.

GhaleonEB

I can't believe the DLC is out tomorrow and there's been almost zero official information about it.

I'm genuinely excited about how little I know about Dragonborn. Outside of the trailer, some screenshots (from the trailer) and Blue Ninja's background in the OP, I have no clue what I'm in for. Give what TES are all about, that's my ideal starting point for adventuring.

So excited.

zethren

Banned
Morrowind is my favorite of the Elder Scrolls games, so this had me excited from the very beginning. Loved Skyrim, Loved Morrowind, will love Dragonborn.

Plus Dragon mounts. Wat.

Aaron

I really don't want to deal with mods. I just force those rules (saving in towns and no fast travel) on myself while I play.
Mods are stupid easy to add and use as long as you don't go crazy and add a hundred of them. Just a few can vastly improve your experience.

This comes out today, my birthday, and I can't play because it's 360 exclusive for a month.

It's gonna be so hard not looking at videos -_-

TCRS

Banned
Have they said how you get from Skyrim to the Island? Is it again a portal or via ship or can you swim there? Also, flying dragons from the Island to Skyrim??

Top Bottom