• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within PC Performance Thread

-0c5b7149-44d5-4659-b4ba-ddae58fa6c8f.jpeg

MINIMUM:
Processor: i7 or an equivalent with four plus core processor
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: GTX 460 or equivalent 1 GB VRAM card
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 50 GB available space
Additional Notes: It’s worth noting that the 50 GB of space required is for the PC install. When the installation is complete, the game will take up ~41 GB of HDD space

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: i7 with four plus cores
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 670 or equivalent with 4GBs of VRAM
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 50 GB available space
Additional Notes: It’s worth noting that the 50 GB of space required is for the PC install. When the installation is complete, the game will take up ~41 GB of HDD space

To access the debug console, do the following:
In Steam, right click on The Evil Within and select “properties” then under the General tab, hit “set launch options.”
Put this in to unlock the console: +com_allowconsole 1
Once the game has launched, hit the Insert key to bring down the developer console.

These are the commands you can use and some notes about each:

R_swapinterval <NUMBER>
Sets the FPS lock. Note that the numbers below are negative.
-2: This is the default, set to 30 FPS. This is the officially supported frame rate
-1: This sets the FPS limit to 60. Fully playable, although there may be quirks (we&#8217;re going to fix these).
0: This fully unlocks the FPS. We do not recommend playing above 60. We will not fix any issues above 60.

God
God mode. You are effectively invincible, and certain enemy kill moves will not be used against you (Laura, for example, will not jump on you)

Noclip
Allows you to walk through walls

G_infiniteammo
Unlimited ammo (provided you have at least 1 bullet when you enable this)

G_stoptime
1 Stops time. Note there is a bug right now where using this command causes a UI element to appear on screen. We&#8217;re looking to fix that in the near future.
Re enable time with g_stoptime 0

Toggledebugcamera
Separates the camera from Sebastian so you can freely move around the

R_forceaspectratio <NUMBER>
Sets the aspect ratio. Default is 2.5, which is our official aspect ratio.
0 is full screen, but not ideal. 1.8 or 2 is probably most comfortable for those who don&#8217;t want bars.

Com_showFPS
Turns on id&#8217;s native FPS counter

Startslowmotion2
Slows down time

Stopslowmotion
Disables slow motion

Seems this method allows you to earn achievements.

I just tested this out and it works.

C/Users/account/saved games/tango/evil within/base/config

g_fov "100"
R_swapinterval "-1"
R_forceaspectratio "2"

Forces 60 FPS and a bearable Aspect Ratio without destroying the FOV, no need for the console command. The g_fov setting does nothing currently.

No one in my friends list has earned a single achievement or even shows the game on their profile. I'd imagine something is currently bugged as the game isn't even showing up on the Steam Stats page.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134318864&postcount=951

http://store.steampowered.com/app/268050/

This thread is going into triple digits.

If it's locked to 30, I don't think it will ever change. Id tech is pretty rigid about that stuff. AFAIK nobody has ever gotten Rage to run at above 60

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this thread will get me through 8 hours of work tonight

Locked 30fps for everyone! You know, to avoid the debates and stuff.
Oh wait the parity outrage doesn't count when PC is affected.

/bad joke

Hoping the 60fps config doesn't lead to a buggy mess like DR3.

Sevenfold

Not yet, though Bethesda says they'll release the list of (officially unsupported) console commands.

Just that they'd publish them on release. So... Whenever they feel like it I guess :/

Bummer. Not too fussed about frame rate but would like to play through without bars. Hey you never know, less than an hour and black bars might be the least of our worries ha :D

ETA: glad of this thread, getting hard to avoid spoilery snippets in OT.

legacyzero

Banned
Gonna be watching this thread closely. Hopefully its not that bad. Otherwise my 2GB 670 is starting to show its age. Or devs cant fucking optimize games.

Azax

I guess that it will run good on high end pcs. Those "recommended" specs are probably everything maxed out. The way the developers want you to experience.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The engine it uses isn't SLI friendly, right?

Right. To the best of my knowledge there are no known compatibility bits for Rage/Wolf14.

Have they even mentioned anything about 2gb cards?

Sort of:

Can I run it on a card with less than 4 gigs of VRAM?
Yes. Please refer to the minimum requirements above. You won&#8217;t be experiencing the game at 1080p and you&#8217;ll likely need to turn off some features, but you will still be able to have a great experience with the game.

Top Bottom