• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within PC Performance Thread

Nibel

And here I am with my GTX 570.

iC7Zjhn8n9Fd6.gif

I might try streaming it at default setting when it launches, have a 780Ti so I'm interested to see whether I'll be crying or not.

It's at the point now where I more interested in seeing how it runs instead of actually playing the game after all the nonsense that's gone on with the PC version.

Edit: lol I forgot about that 4GB for 1080p. I have a feeling this is going to be train wreck.

Lulubop

This thread is going into triple digits.

If it's locked to 30, I don't think it will ever change. Id tech is pretty rigid about that stuff. AFAIK nobody has ever gotten Rage to run at above 60

It's locked at 30 but you can unlock it via console commands, we already know.

Grief.exe

Here are the debug commands

We promised them, and here they are! Please note that using debug console commands is unsupported by Bethesda and our customer service team.

To access the debug console, do the following:

1. In Steam, right click on The Evil Within and select “properties” then under the General tab, hit “set launch options.”
  2. Put this in to unlock the console: +com_allowconsole 1
  3. Once the game has launched, hit the Insert key to bring down the developer console.

These are the commands you can use and some notes about each:

R_swapinterval <NUMBER>
  • Sets the FPS lock. Note that the numbers below are negative.
  • -2: This is the default, set to 30 FPS. This is the officially supported frame rate
  • -1: This sets the FPS limit to 60. Fully playable, although there may be quirks (we&#8217;re going to fix these).
  • 0: This fully unlocks the FPS. We do not recommend playing above 60. We will not fix any issues above 60.

God
  • God mode. You are effectively invincible, and certain enemy kill moves will not be used against you (Laura, for example, will not jump on you)

Noclip
  • Allows you to walk through walls

G_infiniteammo
  • Unlimited ammo (provided you have at least 1 bullet when you enable this)

G_stoptime 1
  • Stops time. Note there is a bug right now where using this command causes a UI element to appear on screen. We&#8217;re looking to fix that in the near future.
  • Re enable time with g_stoptime 0

Toggledebugcamera
  • Separates the camera from Sebastian so you can freely move around the

R_forceaspectratio <NUMBER>
  • Sets the aspect ratio. Default is 2.5, which is our official aspect ratio.
  • 0 is full screen, but not ideal. 1.8 or 2 is probably most comfortable for those who don&#8217;t want bars.

Com_showFPS
  • Turns on id&#8217;s native FPS counter

Startslowmotion2
  • Slows down time

Stopslowmotion
  • Disables slow motion

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1508646-debug-console-commands/

Shinji Mikami and the team at Tango designed The Evil Within to be played at 30fps and to utilize an aspect ratio of 2.35:1 for all platforms.

I made a joke about devs forcing games to 2.35 like five days ago. I need to ramp up my satire to stay ahead of truth apparently.

Skyzard

Banned
Those commands sound awesome actually. Mostly the stop time, camera and infinite ammo stuff :)

I fully expect 60fps to be borked with how careful they are about it.

-1: This sets the FPS limit to 60. Fully playable, although there may be quirks (we&#8217;re going to fix these).

Shit I missed that part, nice!

Seanspeed

Banned
Fully playable but with a few quirks sounds awesome.

Great news. Especially with them planning to fix the quirks as well. Yay.

And stop time command is excellent with the camera controls for a screenshot playthrough.

Rich!

Hm. I may have to wait. I've got an overclocked i7...but I still have a 1GB Radeon 6870 which is gonna let me down.

Sevenfold

Stable 60fps at all times in 1080p with everything maxed and the right PPF
AMD 280X here

People need to understand what the ppf settings mean. iD Tech 5 is a special beast that needs special attention in configuring.

Sharing is caring bro.

I am very fascinated in how this thing turns out. I have pretty much zero confidence based on the dev and publisher reps basically warning potential customers to stay away.

So wait? You're not actually removing the letter boxing but just scaling the image? Ohhh that's going to look lovely unless you can change the FOV as well.

I was joking when I suggested that in the main thread but lol if true. Imagine it'll be fixed if true, I'll be playing with black bars at first. Not something that really bothers me.

AlterOdin

The fact that they have a slow-down command, makes me positive the 60fps unlock will work better then I expected, as the (my) main concern was wonky timing issues (animation, physics, etc) tied to the frame-rate.

artsi

Funny that my almost brand new, $600 GTX 780 that's supposed to be top of the line might not run this at 1080p.

We'll know in 20 mins.

Console commands post is a great sign! Getting excited as hell right now. The stop time and debug camera options will be great for screenshotters.

Arkanius

Sharing is caring bro.

Most CPU's can only handle a VT_PPF of 32.
People always crank it to 128 though and then say the game stutters like hell. I don't even know why they keep this option unlocked.

Can't remember the other settings but I'll find the website that explains everything in detail

Top Bottom