• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within PC Performance Thread

ChrisV

Might want to get that handled in the PC thread. I have my "Steam Machine" aka the hand me box connected in my Man Cave and it's putting out surround sound and hooked up to a 55 inch TV. I'd be lying if I said I don't do 90% of my PC gaming in that room now.

Head on over to here.

Thanks. I made a post. I've been trying to get it fixed for awhile now, and just can't figure it out. Hopefully someone on here can help.

Grief.exe

Third thread to post this in.

The Evil Within is now available worldwide.

Added community_visible_stats – 1
about a minute agoChanged releasestate – preloadonly › released

Grief.exe

They may not have meant to release it worldwide lol

Added releasestateoverrideinverse – 1
2 minutes agoAdded ReleaseStateOverrideCountries – US,CA,MX,PR,BS,PA,BZ,CR,SV,GT,HN,NI,VE,CO,GY,SR,GF,BR,PE,BO,PY,UY,AR,CL,EC,AF,BD,BT,BN,KH,CN,HK,IN,ID,JP,KR,LA,MO,MY,MV,MN,NP,PK,PH,SG,LK,TW,TH,VN,AU,NZ
2 minutes agoAdded ReleaseStateOverride – released
2 minutes agoAdded releasestate – unavailable

Kevyt

Getting ready to cry... well hopefully a 270 will be enough for 60 fps. Is it just me or is the id 5 tech engine very rough and needs better optimization?

so im in the US, my game says "preallocating", i downloaded 0 of 0 bytes, but the icon says play

i clicked it and now it is just saying updating the evil within and preparing to launch with nothing happening.

i guess i just missed the window...

~Kinggi~

Banned
Well mighty generous of them. I can actually play this tonight. Early releases FTW

so im in the US, my game says "preallocating", i downloaded 0 of 0 bytes, but the icon says play

i clicked it and now it is just saying updating the evil within and preparing to launch with nothing happening.

You are unpacking.

If you go to downloads it should have a really short countdown of a minute or two, once that finishes it'll start unpacking and a bigger timer will appear that will sputter between two hours and 10 minutes, will probably take about 15.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Stable 60fps at all times in 1080p with everything maxed and the right PPF
AMD 280X here

People need to understand what the ppf settings mean. iD Tech 5 is a special beast that needs special attention in configuring.

3GB or 6GB version?

Bergerac

All I'm hearing in my head is 'Preload' in the House Of The Dead 'Reload' voice soundbyte because I've gone catatonic staring at this 0 byte unpacking.

Skyzard

Banned
popcorn is ready.

Entertain me GAF.

YO6Qkkt.png

Make a few more batches :p

Momentary

Banned
49 bucks for the Season pass and the game is really hard to pass up. Reviews don't seem stellar. But this is coming from the same guy who played Yaiba and liked it so... I'll probably cave before the nights end.

Ugh, still getting encrypted messages!

Anyway, so pumped about unlocking to 60 and removing those black bars! Can't wait to read some impressions.

Grief.exe

1 minute left on unpack.

Release State expanded to include additional countries.

Changed ReleaseStateOverrideCountries – US,CA,MX,PR,BS,PA,BZ,CR,SV,GT,HN,NI,VE,CO,GY,SR,GF,BR,PE,BO,PY,UY,AR,CL,EC,AF,BD,BT,BN,KH,CN,HK,IN,ID,JP,KR,LA,MO,MY,MV,MN,NP,PK,PH,SG,LK,TW,TH,VN,AU,NZ › AX,AL,DZ,AS,AD,AO,AI,AQ,AG,AM,AW,AT,AZ,BH,BB,BY,BE,BJ,BM,BA,BW,BV,IO,BG,BF,BI,CM,CR,CV,KY,CF,TD,CX,CC,KM,CG,CD,CK,CI,HR,CY,CZ,DK,DJ,DM,DO,EG,GQ,ER,EE,ET,FK,FO,FJ,FI,FR,PF,TF,GA,GM,GE,DE,GH,GI,GR,GL,GD,GP,GU,GN,GW,GG,HT,HM,VA,HU,IS,IE,IM,IL,IT,JM,JE,JO,KZ,KE,KI,KW,KG,LV,LB,LS,LR,LI,LT,LU,MK,MG,MW,ML,MT,MH,MQ,MR,MU,YT,FM,MD,MC,ME,MS,MA,MZ,NA,NR,NL,AN,NC,NE,NG,NU,NF,MP,NO,OM,PW,PS,PG,PN,PL,PT,QA,RE,RO,RU,RW,SH,KN,LC,PM,VC,WS,SM,ST,SA,SN,RS,SC,SL,SK,SI,SB,SO,ZA,GS,ES,SJ,SZ,SE,CH,TJ,TZ,TL,TG,TK,TO,TT,TN,TR,TM,TC,TV,UG,UA,AE,GB,UM,UZ,VU,VG,VI,WF,EH,YE,ZM,ZW

Weevilone

For 5 minutes they released it worldwide.

Ugh, I was doing the pre-load during this time and when they un-released it .. I think it broke my download. Now all I get is an error, and if I try to delete local content and re-download it's still broken.

Edit: Of course a restart of Steam let me restart the pre-load.

Sevenfold

As I suspected, forcing 16:9 zooms and decreases FOV :/

Also the aspect ratio command is not allowing changes after the first meaning a restart and I have to put the 60 FPS command in everytime I restart. That said, buttery smooth so far at 60 but bars are a must and that sucks.

MayMay

Banned
Wow, you should be a lot more confident!

Not so sure.. I've been setting myself up for a disappointment ever since they announced the stupid 4GB vram requirement for 1080p. But we'll see. I hope it runs well! And if not, Ill just play in 720p.

vg260

Are these the type of console commands we'll have to enter each time we launch or will they stick?

My purchase partially depends on this.

Literally everyone in this thread?

I'll probably start with a controller.

Hoping the 60fps config doesn't lead to a buggy mess like DR3.

The game had crash bugs, but how do we know they were related to 60 fps unlock? Most of the game-crashing ones were nvidia driver related, iirc.

AlterOdin

Just tried my 680gtx 2 GB with unlocked fps to 60 (at 1080p, with AR set to 1.8). It seems to really fluctuate, and its seems it hardlocked at 30fps at the low end (never goes below it).

When there is "alot" of geometry it seems to take a hit. Looking forward to tweaks, now I am going to bed.

As I suspected, forcing 16:9 zooms and decreases FOV :/

Also the aspect ratio command is not allowing changes after the first meaning a restart and I have to put the 60 FPS command in everytime I restart. That said, buttery smooth so far at 60 but bars are a must and that sucks.

oh dear.

not sure which will be worse for me, the bars or the low fov.

Top Bottom