• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within PC Performance Thread

Sevenfold

So 60 FPS confirms keyboard and mouse playthrough for me. Who's with me?

Most CPU's can only handle a VT_PPF of 32.
People always crank it to 128 though and then say the game stutters like hell. I don't even know why they keep this option unlocked.

Can't remember the other settings but I'll find the website that explains everything in detail

Thanks. Gonna be alt tabbing this thread a bit whe playing I reckon (probs just for escape!)

Here are the debug commands

We promised them, and here they are! Please note that using debug console commands is unsupported by Bethesda and our customer service team.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1508646-debug-console-commands/

Awesome how we can have god mode and infinite ammo so easily too :D

Slo-mo infinite ammo playthrough.

Just like Max Payne 3!

Now all we need are sick moves diving through the air and we're sorted

Skyzard

Banned
Most CPU's can only handle a VT_PPF of 32.
People always crank it to 128 though and then say the game stutters like hell. I don't even know why they keep this option unlocked.

Can't remember the other settings but I'll find the website that explains everything in detail

Please, thanks.

Tain

Wonderful news. Wonder if this will play well with Gsync. Do Rage and Wolf play well with Gsync?

Grief.exe said:
Literally everyone in this thread?

Actually, I might still use a gamepad at 60fps. It's a tough call with games like these. It depends on the other elements of the control scheme and, as insane as it might sound, how easy mouse aiming may make the game (RE4 Wiimote sort of situations).

Wonderful news. Wonder if this will play well with Gsync. Do Rage and Wolf play well with gsync?

Actually, I might still use a gamepad at 60fps. It's a tough call with games like these. It depends on the other elements of the control scheme and, as insane as it might sound, how easy mouse aiming may make the game (RE4 Wiimote sort of situations).
I'm with you. I may switch back and forth to see which I enjoy more.

I hope you guys that are excited are able to run everything alright with less than 4gb of VRAM.

TGMIII

-1: This sets the FPS limit to 60. Fully playable, although there may be quirks (we’re going to fix these).

Interested to find out what those quirks are and how playable "fully" really is. Will also be interesting to see how my poor 6950 2gb holds up.

Grief.exe

Wonderful news. Wonder if this will play well with Gsync. Do Rage and Wolf play well with gsync?

My knowledge of it is that it works with any game and does not require any extra configuration.

there are plenty in steam gaf that play 3rd person shooters with controllers

Would've been controller for anything less. I hope it's consistant.
Good to go. Unlock it!

I was just messing around guys ;)

ChrisV

This thread gets me wanting to get back into PC gaming, but with a 72" TV and 7.1 surround sound, it's really tough. I have my PC hooked up to my receiver via HDMI, but I can't get any games to output in digital surround sound. Movies and TV shows streamed through XBMC give me the digital sound, but games don't and it's so frustrating. I can't figure it out. One of these days I'll get back in to PC gaming. Excited to see how this game holds up.

Meia

Haven't bought many PC games in the last year, so this will be a nice test for the new 970. Can't wait!

...too bad I have to be at work at 11pm. :p

NEO0MJ

Great to hear about that 60 FPS. Hope I don't have to sacrifice too much graphical detail and resolution to achieve it.

I think it's going to be 12 where he's at.

Right

nQ7yf4n.gif

Dr Dogg

Are there any tweaks for the FOV? I might need to use that mod I used for Resident Evil Revelations.

id Tech 5's cvar for FOV you'd enter in the console if it's not available in the menu is g_fov and then the angle you want but stuff can be locked down. Wolfenstien TNO had a few commands locked from users.

Stitch

Gold Member
-1: This sets the FPS limit to 60. Fully playable, although there may be quirks (we’re going to fix these).

FFS this is a full price release + season pass. you're supposed to fix this shit before release, not after.

This thread gets me wanting to get back into PC gaming, but with a 72" TV and 7.1 surround sound, it's really tough. I have my PC hooked up to my receiver via HDMI, but I can't get any games to output in digital surround sound. Movies and TV shows streamed through XBMC give me the digital sound, but games don't and it's so frustrating. I can't figure it out. One of these days I'll get back in to PC gaming. Excited to see how this game holds up.

Might want to get that handled in the PC thread. I have my "Steam Machine" aka the hand me box connected in my Man Cave and it's putting out surround sound and hooked up to a 55 inch TV. I'd be lying if I said I don't do 90% of my PC gaming in that room now.

Head on over to here.

Top Bottom