• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within PC Performance Thread

Skyzard

Banned
I'm just going to stick with the bars if removing them increases fov.

- for 60fps:

R_swapinterval -1 in console (activated by insert) after adding +com_allowconsole 1 to launch options for the game in steam.

kodecraft

Not working for me, says "Error occurred (still encrypted)"

What gives?

Also, awesome that there NOW seems to be support for 60fps!

Sevenfold

Care to elaborate?

R_swapinterval <NUMBER>
Sets the FPS lock. Note that the numbers below are negative.
-2: This is the default, set to 30 FPS. This is the officially supported frame rate
-1: This sets the FPS limit to 60. Fully playable, although there may be quirks (we’re going to fix these).
0: This fully unlocks the FPS. We do not recommend playing above 60. We will not fix any issues above 60.
From the OP.

Uhm, I get the feeling they drastically overshot the recommended requirements. Either that or the game does some crazy stuff later on because I'm playing with FXAA, everything enabled and high quality shadows with my 2GB 670 and have no trouble maintaining 30fps. Gonna try to set it to 60 later.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Uhm, I get the feeling they drastically overshot the recommended requirements. Either that or the game does some crazy stuff later on because I'm playing with FXAA, everything enabled and high quality shadows with my 2GB 670 and have no trouble maintaining 30fps. Gonna try to set it to 60 later.

What a pr clusterfuck if true. That or they were paid off by HW guys like nvidia to demand higher specs.

Jawmuncher

Anyone else trying a controller at the moment?

EDIT: Fixed it. If you're on DS4Windows don't hide the PS4 controller.
That fixed it for me.

DKF590

Still showing as unreleased for me even after restarting steam over and over. An early unlock would be an amazing surprise after having zero expectations of being able to play any today.

The game still says pre-load for me. (I can play when I click it, but it still says pre-load)

I've restarted Steam and still get the same thing so I can't add the enable console command in properties.

Momentary

Banned
Hold on... So all the command module line for aspect ratio does is reduce the field of vision? My wallet is slowly closing back up.

Xpliskin

Almost done unlocking, I'll be playing with a controller.

Will tell you if it works.

Still showing as unreleased for me even after restarting steam over and over. An early unlock would be an amazing surprise after having zero expectations of being able to play any today.
Some guy got it working through a UK VPN.

I think his name was "Plagiarize".
Try sending him a PM ?

The Cowboy

This "PS4/Xbox One 8gb memory transferred to PC = you need a lot of on-board GPU memory and little system memory" is getting quite annoying.

Still looks like an interesting game, i do like a good horror game to play.

The same happened with Mordor. I think a lot of companies are going to be going way over just to be safe with all this vram stuff getting big so people don't yell at them when their rig can't handle it.

Grief.exe

My game is still saying preload for some reason. When I hit preload the game still starts like normal though.

Anyone know how to make it say "Play" instead of "Pre-Load"

I can't open up the properties for the launch options because while they game is now unlocked, Steam still thinks it's still on pre-load. I've restarted Steam and my PC and the result is the same. Nothing changes. Still at pre-load. Would really like to enable 60FPS

I had the same issue.

Shift right click in the Evil Within folder, run command prompt

EvilWithin.exe +com_allowconsole 1

This "PS4/Xbox One 8gb memory transferred to PC = you need a lot of on-board GPU memory and little system memory" is getting quite annoying.

Still looks like an interesting game, i do like a good horror game to play.

Especially since 4GB of VRAM is almost as much as developers have available to them in total on console.

I can't open up the properties for the launch options because while they game is now unlocked, Steam still thinks it's still on pre-load. I've restarted Steam and my PC and the result is the same. Nothing changes. Still at pre-load. Would really like to enable 60FPS

I got the same issue :(

The same happened with Mordor. I think a lot of companies are going to be going way over just to be safe with all this vram stuff getting big so people don't yell at them when their rig can't handle it.

It's understandable but if this hadn't been a Mikami game I would have cancelled my pre-order for no good reason. Gonna play some more and look for drops but it really looks like a 670 is more than sufficient.

try resetting steam.

kodecraft

Uh, this game still says it's unreleased for me. Even though on the store page it tells me "Play now".

Eastern United States here.

Restarting Steam doesn't work for me.

This bodes very well! If the game can maitain a consistent 30fps with a 2GB 670 (my card) I might go for PC over PS4 where it sounds like the frame rate is unstable.

Stimpack

EDIT: Fixed it. If you're on DS4Windows don't hide the PS4 controller.
That fixed it for me.

Yeah, that should be your first instinct if your DS4 isn't working on a game. Was going to suggest it, but you got it.

Top Bottom