• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Fans Have Inherited the Film Industry — and It's a Problem for the Rest of Us

LotusHD

Banned
its not wrong though. As a guy who cant even tell whats marvel and whats DC, these movies have allready lost me. theres any new superhero movie coming out and im like, whatever, i wount even know whats going on half of the time, so why bother.

Uh, the movies start with their respective logos, so...

There's like 4 new movies coming out every week and maybe once a month it's a MCU/DCEU...

People just seem upset that "nerds" get to enjoy something

Completely agreed. Marvel Studios and Disney have made fantastic strides in slashing the diversity of genre films that are financed and distributed every year.

mlclmtckr

Banned
There's like 4 new movies coming out every week and maybe once a month it's a MCU/DCEU...

I don't think that's it. Lots of 'nerd' stuff is praised by the same people who shit on superhero movies.

The same way a hamburger aficionado might shit on, say, McDonald's.

a916

That's not at all what the article is saying... article writer is saying the initial investment to get into some of these episodic film universes is too high, which for some people is intimating or a turn off.

Buckle

I dunno, everything that's happening is something I only dreamed about as a kid, so I couldn't be happier.

I like ongoing storytelling over self contained stuff (part of why I watch more shows than movies), and love reading wikis and shit to catch up on a complex world.
Seeing the Avengers come together and a live action ongoing Marvel Universe with an amazing track record so far, its pretty much a future I couldn't have seen coming as a kid.

Its amazing and I'm loving every minute of it so far.

Top Bottom