• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Fight: Lights Out |OT| of Trejo, Soreness, and Move Controllers

Picked up a floor lamp after work and that seemed to help a lot. My lighting condition went up to excellent. Head tracking is still bad so still have to get that working. Haven't toggled it on to see how that works with the new light. Before I got the light though it did seem to work for some reason. I need to try moving the Eye to the top of the TV as well later as my punches aren't landing where I want to them to and I think it's because the Eye is looking up towards me instead of straight at me. Even then it's still not in a great place. I managed to get pass the tutorial and do at least two fights. Managed to win the first one but got wreck in the second one.

Going to finish reading the thread to see see if there more tips on how to properly do things as I think I'm doing something wrong. Then when I get more free time this evening get back to it before it's to late. It does seem I have to be pretty deliberate about my moves though. Just finishing the tutorial and the first match though had me sweating and panting a nice bit. Honestly hadn't expected that as it didn't seem like I was doing a lot just thinking about it.

Sorry for the little bump, but did you find out conditions to make head tracking work?
Lighting is fine in my case, but for some reason I have flickering and when I force-enable head-tracking, it loses me quickly/periodically and will also get auto-disabled at the beginning of most fights.
Also, did changing the camera position above the TV improve your setup?

I'm half-through the fights and really enjoying it so far, now that my character has better stats. At the beginning it was annoying how quickly he would lose the stamina while dishing out a rush of punches.
I try to play it for 1-2 hours every second day or so and it's quite a nice fitness routine.

Enjoying the endurance sparring a lot, so far I go up to 30 rounds while almost knocking out a big portion of the guys as I can go all out on them. I guess by training regularly I make the campaign fights too easy, but I wanted my character to kinda keep up with me (not that I'm super fit, but my character should not limit me IMO). Also the training stuff is way more demanding for your body than the fights anyway. Thinking about the fitness pack as well, I really liked the demo and was sad that the dummy is DLC-only.

Landing a nice combo feels awesome. I seem to suck at straights (or at least it feels off in the game), but opening their cover up with a hook, followed by 1-3 quick swings in the face is just boss.
In the replays it all looks a bit rubbery/weak though :lol

THE%252520FIGHT%2525E2%252584%2525A2.png

(sorry for the black bars, the XMB screenshot feature captures the full screen and I have to compensate for overscan in 720 mode on my TV)

Oh and is it normal that I almost completely ignore the dirty moves? I just don't think they are really fun and I enjoy the game for the 1:1 tracking.

Also thumbs up for supporting custom music, I need my metal in this game!

/evil grin

Top Bottom