• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The fire of PROMETHEUS has been stolen and leaked to us mortals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakitu

st5fu
Damn, if that doesn't harken back to the sci-fi of old, nothing does. It's beautiful and just what I wanted. Do the Blade Runner sequel / prequel next please, Ridley.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
the avengers will be absolutely terrible. it looks just as cheap as the other marvel films they've released previously. plus, it's coming out the same year as Prometheus, Hobbit, TDKR, new Bond, and a bunch of other amazing films from superior directors and their teams.

yea..I honestly don't think avengers will even register for anyone.

Ridley Scott flat-out said it was a suit in a recent interview.

"Therefore, who is that, inside that [Space Jockey] suit? That wasn’t a skeleton, that was a suit. And if you open up the suit, what do you get inside it?"

http://screenrant.com/ridley-scott-prometheus-space-jockey-sandy-144116/

I ALWAYS assumed it was a suit. That never looked like a long nose on the front of its face to me. It's a hose like in all of Giger's other designs. At this point, it's pretty obvious what we're going to find inside that suit.
A very large humanoid; the template of which we (its decedents) are based upon.
At least, that's my take on it having read that interview.

So we are
midgets that are designed after them
:x Not sure I like that.

Even though the trailer didn't show an xenomorphs, for me, it looks like
the crew goes to LV-26, finds a temple with the BIG GIANT HEAD, the Ring Ship crashes, the crew extracts "something" from the ship, there is an infection among the crew, then there are betrayals and crew fighting each other for the sample.

But then again, the 1979 teaser for Alien just showed an egg, and the entire cast spasming for various reasons. Wasn't a lot to go on then :p

the avengers will be absolutely terrible. it looks just as cheap as the other marvel films they've released previously. plus, it's coming out the same year as Prometheus, Hobbit, TDKR, new Bond, and a bunch of other amazing films from superior directors and their teams.

What, like Iron Man, Thor and Captain America? Kick-ass movies, so I'm not seeing a need to panic here. Of course, if you dislike those movies, I can see the problem.

JdFoX187

Banned

I think you're underestimating the hype for The Avengers. I really think it's going to surprise a lot of people when it comes out.

Dreaver

Avengers is going to be a shit fest. I, personally, will enjoy the next 20 years of Whedon trying to word his way around why it was shit. It's going to obviously be Disney's fault.

Are you serious? The Marvel movies are making a lot of money (and a lot of people think they're pretty good).

Is Giger on this as well for the supplementing of things?

Yup!

EGE: Will you be using any of Giger’s original design for this film?

RS: We’ve had a pretty good relationship with Giger for many years. I was the first one to go see him in Switzerland, and persuade him to get on a plane. He wouldn’t get on a plane, because he was afraid of flying. And he finally came to Shepperton. He was with me for eleven months. Never went into town, stayed over a pub in Shepperton. Very non-Giger, not exotic. You’d think he’d be in a suite in a hotel. He’s in a pub. He was in a room over a pub, and he was very happy there. And yeah, I brought him in, I showed him what we were doing, showed him the story and he liked it a lot. So he’s doing a little bit of work for me. He’s been doing some murals, big murals, which we’ll see in almost one of the first chambers we encounter when we land where we’re gonna go.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=41273.0

JB1981

so who are they being attacked by and why is there a shot of a woman with acid melting her suit if there are no xenomorphs ...

i think i'd prefer that the aliens be a mystery rather than have it all explained to me

Your crow is in the oven.

Mine too. Looks terrible. But to be fair I haven't liked many of the Marvel movies, I thought Thor was okay but the problem is that they don't really feel like films of their own, just 1.5 hour preludes to The Avengers. Yep, I get that that's the point, but it's not a very good way to go about filmmaking. They're basically character introductions with Jackson showing up at the end with some cryptic dialogue about a big group that he's assembling.

So essentially you're left with big empty films that merely exist to build up to a bigger one that is being directed by Joss Whedon of all people. It's like climbing smaller mountains of shit just to get to a bigger mountain of shit.

56971.jpg

Mine too. Looks terrible. But to be fair I haven't liked many of the Marvel movies, I thought Thor was okay but the problem is that they don't really feel like films of their own, just 1.5 hour preludes to The Avengers. Yep, I get that that's the point, but it's not a very good way to go about filmmaking. They're basically character introductions with Jackson showing up at the end with some cryptic dialogue about a big group that he's assembling.

So essentially you're left with big empty films that merely exist to build up to a bigger one that is being directed by Joss Whedon of all people. It's like climbing smaller mountains of shit just to get to a bigger mountain of shit.

What a bunch of bullshit. The only reason anyone would say that is because they know there is an Avengers movie in the making. The connections in the respective movies are vague, with more blatant bits at the very end or post-credit.

But as said, if you're not into the movies I could see how this could be something to pretend to be bothered by.

What a bunch of bullshit. The only reason anyone would say that is because they know there is an Avengers movie in the making. The connections in the respective movies are vague, with more blatant bits at the very end or post-credit.

I don't know, I don't think movies like Thor or Captain America really fleshed things out or felt like total packages, hence why, to me, they feel like nothing more than Avengers build up. Basically I think Thor could have been this big standalone epic, but instead it was really short with incredibly rushed character development.

I don't know, I don't think movies like Thor or Captain America really fleshed things out or felt like total packages, hence why, to me, they feel like nothing more than Avengers build up. Basically I think Thor could have been this big standalone epic, but instead it was really short with incredibly rushed character development.

Honestly, have you even seen Captain America? Yeah, it has the origins bit as it is a first outing, but the Avenger connection comes late and in a single swoop. Between the "birth" and that point there is plenty of classic action-adventure cinema. It's a superhero movie so the legacy is obviously in spotlight, but as opposed to actual pop shit like the Green Lantern, there is a solid stand-alone story there.

Anyway, this is far OT.

Anyone find it a little jarring how sleek and advanced the spacesuits are, yet in Alien they are big and archaic like the ones in use today? Just a little niggle.

jett

D-Member
Anyone find it a little jarring how sleek and advanced the spacesuits are, yet in Alien they are big and archaic like the ones in use today? Just a little niggle.

IMO the space suits in this movie look quite simply dumb. Like someone said they look straight out of Mass Effect.

I fucking hope the Predator doesn't exist in Scotts universe.

Damn those AVP movies were horrible.

The Aliens' and Predators' universes were crossed in Predator 2 when Danny Glover is exploring the Predator ship.
There is a collection of skulls and among them is clearly a xenomorph skull

This is what I'm hoping for, rather than some stupid Lucasian "the world was newer and somehow much more advanced" excuse: the suits in Alien/Aliens were designed for space/ship work. The Alien team was a salvage team, so they probably did a lot of work ship-to-ship, actually in outer space.

This team's equipment is maybe more for alien planet exploration, where withstanding the rigors (?) of outer space is less important than just having an oxygen supply, once they determine the atmosphere is safe to venture out into.

Man

Space truckers vs Epochal Human endeavor crew (funded by
Weyland Yutani
).

IMO the space suits in this movie look quite simply dumb. Like someone said they look straight out of Mass Effect.

I don't mind them, except how stupidly tall the glass ovals are. That and I don't know why there are lights inside their collars :x

nero2082

Watched the 1979 Alien trailer prior to watching this, which only amplifies the experience. I just love how the allusions to the first film are so blatant if you know what you're looking for. The sound cues, the title reveal—that ship. I couldn't be more excited.

For reference, here's the original Alien trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjLamj-b0I8

this, strongly recommend you to do the same

btw new link

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/prometheus-trailer-leaks/

Watched the 1979 Alien trailer prior to watching this, which only amplifies the experience. I just love how the allusions to the first film are so blatant if you know what you're looking for. The sound cues, the title reveal—that ship. I couldn't be more excited.

For reference, here's the original Alien trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjLamj-b0I8

Holy shit @ that Alien trailer. Prometheus trailer is so similar, even down to that screaming sound that keeps repeating, and the way the title appears on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom