• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash |OT| Gotta Go Fast - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

iKrYrMbVLb8m8.png

DeathyBoy

Banned
I'm in. The Flash is not just a great character with a great supporting cast and an awesome power set. He also has the best villains in any medium.

lawfulevilroguesposter.jpg

If they have a shot like this in the S1 finale, automatic A+

anaron

Alan Sepinwall:
The pilot episode — featuring Grant Gustin as police scientist-turned-world's fastest man Barry Allen, Jesse L. Martin as his cop mentor Joe West and Tom Cavanagh as STAR Labs scientist Harrison Wells, among others — is one of the most satisfying of any of the new network shows debuting this fall, full of action, special effects and sincere streak of emotion carried by both Gustin and Martin. The super-speed effects are so good, in fact, that some reporters wondered how the show can maintain the production values on a weekly basis.
IGN: 8.4 "great"

After one episode, it's already clear that The CW's first Arrow spinoff is more than capable of standing on its own. The prior buildup in Arrow's second season really helps this new series start off on the right foot and rapidly build Barry Allen's new status quo. Gustin is quickly coming into his own, and the supporting cast is solid as well. But hopefully we can look forward to more complex villains as time goes on, as well as a series mythology that can subvert expectations as much as Arrow has.

Tim Goodman:
kONweq8.jpg

Badass Digest: The first episode of The CW's Barry Allen show is pretty great.

But what I loved best about the episode, what struck me much deeper than the mysteries and the effects and the love triangle, is simply the way it feels. It feels warm. It feels fun. It feels bright and quick and lighthearted. It feels like The Flash, who's never really been a brooding, self-serious hero. It's the right show for this character, and I suspect it's the right show for me, too.

Screencrush: Slightly off-target but aims true

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Got the boxset on loan last xmas and Arrow completely caught me off guard- loved it.

Similar expectations for this- looking forward to it!

Wiktor

Flash Pilot >Constantine Pilot>>>> Arrow Pilot > Gotham Pilot >>>> Agents of SHIELD Pilot

Fixed for completness and correctness.

And yeah, hyped as hell. The pilot was just plain great and all the annoucements are making more and more excited. And my extent of Flash comicbook knowledge is one special issue when he raced Superman :D

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I really liked Gotham's pilot, BTW. It wasn't perfect (Catgirl is blah and the killing of the Wayne family was shoddy to say at least), but it felt very grounded within its own universe. Jada slays, too.

Wiktor

I really liked Gotham's pilot, BTW. It wasn't perfect (Catgirl is blah and the killing of the Wayne family was shoddy to say at least), but it felt very grounded within its own universe. Jada slays, too.

Yes. I think all three DC pilots these year were strong. Gotham might be the weakest, but it still was a damn good pilot. It had typical rought pilot spots, but from the very begining it was obvious the creators know exactly what kind of show they're creating and what kind of stories they want to tell.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Yes. I think all three DC pilots these year were strong. Gotham might be the weakest, but it still was a damn good pilot. It had typical rought pilot spots, but from the very begining it was obvious the creators know exactly what kind of show they're creating and what kind of stories they want to tell.

Yup. This is precisely why I'll keep watching. It may not be the best thing on TV, but it looks like it has excellent foundations. Going by the reviews Flash is very similar in that regard.

inm8num2

Gotham, Arrow, Flash...DC television universe is shaping up nicely. :)

(I don't know if Gotham shares the universe with Arrow/Flash, but it'd be cool if it did.)

Penguin

Gotham, Arrow, Flash...DC television universe is shaping up nicely. :)

(I don't know if Gotham shares the universe with Arrow/Flash, but it'd be cool if it did.)

It doesn't.. and if it did wouldn't matter since would be set like 30 years before the other.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
It doesn't.. and if it did wouldn't matter since would be set like 30 years before the other.

Gotham is highly anachronic, though. Old cars and clothes mixed with mobile phones and night vision devices. It feels like it's set in its own universe.

DeathyBoy

Banned

If they're in the same universe (they're not, but for arguments sake lets say they are) then it WILL eventually matter via flashbacks or some such. If they share a universe, at some point there will be a mild crossover.

But as they don't, it doesn't matter.

Penguin

Gotham is highly anachronic, though. Old cars and clothes mixed with mobile phones and night vision devices. It feels like it's set in its own universe.
Oh I just meant that it would be weird for Flash/Arrow to exist LONG before Bruce becomes Batman.

Hence around 30 years.. when Bruce is typically Bats. maybe 20!

What if it's the opposite of other shows and the pilot is good but the rest of the show is terrible?

Well, I have faith in it because we have 2 seasons of Arrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom