• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Okay, new page.

So, given their current points placings, will RBR finally back Webber in their "support the driver with the best chance of winning the WDC"-mantra, or is it too early in the year/that they hate Webber enough and will stick with the "support both drivers 'equally'" rule?

To answer in the former, post a pic of Webber being happy. Latter, post him being not-so-happy.

Part of me is hoping for this:
HW5ZN.jpg

But in reality, will probably be this:
1ayi0.jpg

neoanarch

I caught the Malaysian GP, my first race ever. Really exciting stuff. I do believe I'm a a fan of F! now. But this 3 week break is killing me. How do I cope?

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
I caught the Malaysian GP, my first race ever. Really exciting stuff. I do believe I'm a a fan of F! now. But this 3 week break is killing me. How do I cope?
Watch some season reviews. Any year involving the Senna/Prost championship rivalry is great or any of the Schumacher/Ferrari pre-domination seasons. The Silver Baron at his best.

neoanarch

Edmond Dantès;36637454 said:
Watch some season reviews. Any year involving the Senna/Prost championship rivalry is great or any of the Schumacher/Ferrari pre-domination seasons. The Silver Baron at his best.

Anywhere specific I should be looking for those?

Try practising typing F1 F1 F1 F!.. oopss

It's the hardest part of this sport, with those breaks if there's no big things happening in the background of the sport( e.g. spygate, Double Diffuser fight) its a bit difficult.

But for someone who's new to the sport, go and read about previouse seasons, it will make following the sport even more exciting knowing a bit of history. My suggestion is, Go to wikipedia and start reading about:

1) teams and history of teams
2) Then start with the drivers
3) Circuits

while reading those articles you will find so much info and it will take some time, but entertaining nonetheless :)

Edmond Dantès;36637389 said:
Troglodyte.

Had to google that one

And Internet is for geeks

not anymore!

operon

Edmond Dantès;36639170 said:
Typically poor article from the BBC; to be expected considering their half assed approach to MotoGP coverage. At least the awful Suzy Perry is gone.

Stick to Eurosport and the superior Julian Ryder and Toby Moody combination.

Thats heresy, her replacement is awful

frontieruk

Edmond Dantès;36639170 said:
Typically poor article from the BBC; to be expected considering their half assed approach to MotoGP coverage. At least the awful Suzy Perry is gone.

Stick to Eurosport and the superior Julian Ryder and Toby Moody combination.

I don't understand how the bbc managed to make spalding sound like a gibbering idiot, his technical breakdowns are excellent and usually concise enough to be quoted in full.

Is moody going to be available for the motogp races? I noticed he's doing the btcc this year

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
I don't understand how the bbc managed to make spalding sound like a gibbering idiot, his technical breakdowns are excellent and usually concise enough to be quoted in full.

Is moody going to be available for the motogp races? I noticed he's doing the btcc this year
There's only one clash between the MotoGP calender and the BTCC calender so he'll still be a prominent part of Eurosport's coverage.

Edmond Dantès;36659775 said:
For Myoclonic Jerk.

iO1qWDGPsh9Lu.jpg

Wow! thanks Ed *hugs* .. Can I actually buy those? because I would

Ferrari update - reports that they are copying the rear half of the Sauber. From the side-pods all the way back (so basically almost all the car)

How demeaning is that? for a leading team like Ferrari to be copying a smaller team that doesn't even have 1/4 of their budget! assuming the reports are true though. The report also calls the new car Ferrauber

It's way too early in the season to start seriously backing one driver, and even though the points don't show it Vettel has still been outperforming Webber this year. Also, lol at Webber ever being number one at RB.

copied from PF1-forum

Apr.4 (GMM) Ferrari is planning to follow Sauber's lead when the first major development of the disappointing F2012 car is unveiled soon.

"No doubt about it," Fernando Alonso said after winning the Malaysian grand prix, "they (Sauber) were quicker than us."

The Italian magazine Autosprint have mischievously christened the updated Ferrari a 'Ferrauber', explaining that the rear of the 'B' F2012 will be very similar to Sauber's impressive C31.

Right at the end of the pre-season test period, Red Bull rolled out a Sauber-esque solution at the rear of Adrian Newey's 2012 car, the RB8.

In the wake of the blown diffuser clampdown, the Sauber exhaust layout reportedly flies close to breaching the spirit of the 2012 rules, but the FIA has declared it legal.

"We are not in a position to be able to say exactly how much aerodynamic influence each individual system has," said the governing body's technical delegate Charlie Whiting.

"Hence, it's impossible for us to say 'That's too much, or that's ok'. The aim of the new regulation was to ensure that we don't have to do that," he explained.

So, Ferrari looks to be the next in line to copy Sauber's rear solution, particularly as the small Swiss team already uses Ferrari's engine and gearbox.

It is believed the new 2012 Ferrari gearbox is narrower than last year's unit.

Autosprint reports that the F2012 'Ferrauber' will also be similar to the Sauber in the area of the sidepods.

Lotus have ‘exciting’ upgrade package on the E20 for China

Apr.5 (PVM) For China, Lotus are expected to run with a big upgrade package, which has been described as ‘exciting’ by Romain Grosjean and also prompted a visit to Enstone by comeback world champion Kimi Raikkonen.

When asked about the update package for the E20, which are believed to include aero improvements and damper mods, Grosjean revealed, “It’s great to see how much the factory is behind us and working very hard to give us updates. We’ve had a promising start to the season and we all want to get the best in every area, so a new aerodynamic package is quite exciting; I can’t wait to see how it looks and then experience how it feels on track. Then, most importantly, I want to see the lap time gain.”

Although the Frenchman has had a luckless couple of races, he has shown strong pace in qualifying while Raikkonen has extracted good results in the first two races of the season – both drivers are confident that the E20 is a good car and capable of strong results.

Raikkonen said, “The car feels good and we clearly have the pace to be at the front; we just need some better luck.”

During his visit to the team factory in Enstone, the 2007 world champion, was briefed on the upgrade package and also mods to the power steering which the team have made in an effort to make him more comfortable in the cockpit of the E20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom