• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

About to go PRESENT for the ASSIGNMENT I've been working on ALL WEEKEND and that you've ALL BEEN HEARING about in the POP THREAD.

If I've been a CUNT it's because of this ASSIGNMENT

:)

Mau ®

Who are these "One Direction" ?

Some things are better left unsaid tbh.

io5eAYOyi71j5.gif

About to go PRESENT for the ASSIGNMENT I've been working on ALL WEEKEND and that you've ALL BEEN HEARING about in the POP THREAD.

If I've been a DARLING it's because of this ASSIGNMENT

:)

You're always a SWEETHEART don't sweat it hun, nobody noticed.

4V6Q8-1.gif

G'LUCK with the PRESENT, I'm sure it will be FAB for straight standards ;)

EDIT: Here Kyon, just for u sis. I think we have queer immunity in this thread tbh. XOXO

Mumei

Actually, I think the C word is one of the few big ones.

Just, try to avoid "pointed vulgarities" in general...

It is right in the TOS:

"A. Language

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use NeoGAF to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. Sexual, racial, or ethnic slurs will not be tolerated in any form and are bannable on the first offense. It is recommended that profanity be held to a minimum, as it does not promote civil conversation. Foul language in the form of insults directed towards other forum members may result in a ban."

I realize that people here mean it, er, ironically or are just joking or whatever, but GAF doesn't have the Pop-GAF rules and everyone-else-GAF rules.

It is right in the TOS:

"A. Language

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use NeoGAF to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. Sexual, racial, or ethnic slurs will not be tolerated in any form and are bannable on the first offense. It is recommended that profanity be held to a minimum, as it does not promote civil conversation. Foul language in the form of insults directed towards other forum members may result in a ban."

LMAO going by what's on that list we're lucky they let us get away with everything we do. I think we got all those covered a dozen times over.

GAF POP #BANNED

royalan

This thread should be excluded from moderation tbh.

It is right in the TOS:

"A. Language

I realize that people here mean it, er, ironically or are just joking or whatever, but GAF doesn't have the Pop-GAF rules and everyone-else-GAF rules.

Been thinking about this since the recent pre-E3 bannings happening across GAF. You know, to some degree I bet they are a little easier on us. Knocking on wood as I type this, but it's obvious things are a little lax in this thread. If they weren't, we'd all have been perma'd a long time ago for some of the things we do daily in this thread.

The mods must have a terrible time behind the scenes figuring out how to mod these pop-culture threads. I'm glad they're somewhat lax, though. A lot of the stuff that happens in this thread (gif-slinging, "Reading", "throwing shade", etc.) would be bannable in other threads, but are all a part of the culture of discussing pop-culture on the internet these days - so these threads would definitely lose something special if the mods were to crack the whip on us.

I think the key is just to always remember to be cordial to other members (even while reading their faves for filth), and don't get too vulgar.

Mumei

Been thinking about this since the recent pre-E3 bannings happening across GAF. You know, to some degree I bet they are a little easier on us. Knocking on wood as I type this, but it's obvious things are a little lax in this thread. If they weren't, we'd all have been perma'd a long time ago for some of the things we do daily in this thread.

The mods must have a terrible time behind the scenes figuring out how to mod these pop-culture threads. I'm glad they're somewhat lax, though. A lot of the stuff that happens in this thread (gif-slinging, "Reading", "throwing shade", etc.) would be bannable in other threads, but are all a part of the culture of discussing pop-culture on the internet these days - so these threads would definitely lose something special if the mods were to crack the whip on us.

I think the key is just to always remember to be cordial to other members (even while reading their faves for filth), and don't get too vulgar.

I agree that we're treated somewhat differently (especially those things you mentioned), and I think that's good because this mini community wouldn't be nearly as much fun without reading or shade or dragging. And I do think you're right that, er, keeping it cute is the important thing.

But I don't think that anyone should expect the same leeway on vulgar or bigoted language.

OMG I just saw the Justin B thread. I love it when Kyon's FLAWLESS STANNING is unleashed upon the unsuspecting GAF general populace.

It is a sight to behold.

tumblr_lz8twgLkgF1qcwph1o1_500.gif

Kyon

Banned
Is there any more news from Cassie? King of Hearts is slaying me all over again.

A bit old but she made a video for this remix during Paris Fashion Week.... its terrible but... idk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wEesYQ9511I

OMG I just saw the Justin B thread. I love it when Kyon's FLAWLESS STANNING is unleashed upon the unsuspecting GAF general populace.

It is a sight to behold.

tumblr_lz8twgLkgF1qcwph1o1_500.gif

Thank you :) I dont think im that good at it tho lol You, Koodo, Pho, Mumu, ITZ and the other gurls are better at it

royalan

A bit old but she made a video for this remix during Paris Fashion Week.... its terrible but... idk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wEesYQ9511I

Yeah it's a little terrible, but she's still my fashion queen, and King of Hearts is so flawless that even its remix trumps the Dance lessors of today.

I used to think she was just flop eye-candy for Diddy, until she shaved that hair off. Chick gained +20 fierceness that day.

Update on the Ciara Countdown .. we have a date....

Ciara-pompadour-up-do-hairstyle.jpg

June 8th. The 8th Anniversary of when Goodies took your life, Queen Ci will return. The most anticipated release in the last 13 months.

Queen Ci is coming for your charts, and I dare anyone say a SINGLE damn thing
333yijpa9m6e.gif

I Dare you *Does the Ride dance with pistol in hand*

Bladenic

Update on the Ciara Countdown .. we have a date....

Ciara-pompadour-up-do-hairstyle.jpg

June 8th. The 8th Anniversary of when Goodies took your life, Queen Ci will return. The most anticipated release in the last 13 months.

Queen Ci is coming for your charts, and I dare anyone say a SINGLE damn thing
333yijpa9m6e.gif

I Dare you *Does the Ride dance with pistol in hand*

Not sure if ironic or serious tbh.

notimewocjq.gif

Nemesis_

100% in my presentation. #Slayed #WhenWillUrFave #Flawless

QpPc7.gif

Some obviously PRESSED HATER gave me a peer review of 4/40 though. What kind of JEALOUSY.

ewBhF.gif

THANK YOU POP-GAF [Well, the DJ ROOM ones at least]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom