• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2020 |OT| Boring, but still bigger than E3 (18:30 ET // 15:30 PT // 23:30 GMT)

cormack12

Gold Member
odWlyAl.gif

iG60WAH.jpg

T6gMlgp.jpg

t8wey3W.jpg

n2e3aAW.jpg

ODeZuu6.jpg

fgqoyRQ.jpg

V5yFZ7d.jpg
v5WPfYA.jpg

bj7zVlj.jpg

zrfhfu6.jpg

bzkCAQJ.jpg

wKaUCDc.jpg

oXDkZ1P.jpg

VTfJoKy.jpg

GrSKSrA.jpg

zQRClO6.jpg

A9AOHjI.jpg

GQ5bGkn.jpg

bZLpySb.jpg

PHGlhCD.jpg

gWPNRQ3.jpg

Hg3YXB5.jpg

xVQC4jC.jpg

yAnZY0z.jpg

I still to this day have zero idea why, Fighting game is its own category, but racing and sport is put together with 5 times the amount of games released every year.

Also where is best shooter?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Steam sale is live

Kagey K

Banned
I still haven't decided if I'm going to try to suffer through this live or just catch all the news in a recap. I haven't missed one ever, but the last couple years have been almost intolerable.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I never really cared about these awards but they seem to be the spot for major reveals. So I'm paying attention now. Thanks for this thread.

jaysius

Banned
Alanah pearce nominated as content creator?!

tenor.gif

With the amount of talented content creators on youtube, that's just embarrassing man...

They've made a literal simp award now.

Bigger than E3? Did we find the Dewrito Pope's secret 2nd account? This thing is only hyped by him and created by him, nothing near E3.

Last edited:

brian0057

Banned
This event is basically a Direct/State of Play/Showcase with some awards on the side.
Geoff may as well cut out the middle man call this the "Not-E3" 2020.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Four hours to go. Who’s tuning in?

it starts at 11:30 uk time here..... how long does this go on for? I can maybe watch for 2 hours but that would be my limit.I enjoy watching these live events but also need to get some sleep after a marathon session on cyberpunk last night.

Vick

Very personal votes:

Game of the Year: Ghost of Tsushima.

Game Direction: Not sure what that means.. but that Joel sequence was masterfully directed, same for the lamb PTSD scene.

Best Action: Ghost because of Water Stance, Surging Strikes. But it's not here, so Nioh 2.

Best Action/Adventure: Ghost of Tsushima.

Most Anticipated Game: Either Zelda or GoW.

Best VR/AR: Half-Life: Alyx by far.

Best Art Direction: Ghost of Tsushima, Final Fantasy VII Remake or TLOU2.

Best Audio Design: TLOU2 by far.

Best Community Support: No Man's Sky.

Content Creator of the Year: LOL

Innovation in Accessibility: TLOU2 is insane in this regard.

Best Family Game: Animal Crossing, Paper Mario Origami King or Mario Kart Live.

Best Fighting: Ghost because of Water Stance, Surging Strikes. But it's not there, so Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate.

Games for Impact: Don't know.

Best Indie Game: Hades.

Best Mobile Game: Don't know/care.

Best Multiplayer: Ghost of Tsushima. Not there, so Call of Duty: Warzone.

Best Narrative: Easy win for TLOU2 right? My ass, Ghost of Tsushima (Taka alone meant to me way more than the entirety of TLOU2, add Lord Shimura and we're done).

Best Ongoing Game: No Man's Sky.

Best Performance: Kazuya Nakai by far, he made cry with simple Haiku. Not there, so Ashley Johnson which was stunning anyway.

Best Role Playing: Don't know.

Best Sports/Racing: Don't know.

Best Sim/Strategy: Easy win for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Best Score/Music: TLOU2 is made by a 3 Academy Awards guy.. FFVII: Remake was no joke either. My favourite piece of the year is by far Ghost of Tsushima - Battle Theme 1, though.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Nier showcase on the pre-show is the big highlight so far. Probably the only one, but hey, you take what you can get.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Great job OP. Nice first post.
Content creators, this is probably an age thing on my part but I have never watched anything any of those people made. I only have ever heard of Allanah because of the drama here.

the best YouTube content creators to me where those people that did WW1 every day for 5 years on the 100 year anniversary.

SinDelta

My bingo board. I am prepared for disappointment.

Bloodborne PS5 Remaster or PC
God of War PC
Persona 3 FES PC
Persona 5 Royal PC
Murmusa The Demon Blade Remake
Age of Empires 4
Rise of Nations/Legends Remake
Battle for Middle Earth 1/2 Remakes
Age of Mythology Definitive Edition
Alpha Protocol Remake
Dragon Age 4 (But it actually looks good)
Elden Ring
Breath of the Wild 2
Metroid Prime 4
Xenoblade Blade 3
Xenoblade X 2
Xenoblade X Switch Port
Monster Hunter Rise
Monster Hunter Stories 2
Bayonetta 3
Smash DLC
Silent Hill
Final Fantasy XVI