• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2020 |OT| Boring, but still bigger than E3 (18:30 ET // 15:30 PT // 23:30 GMT)

Anyone has a feeling Hades is gonna win GOTY?

It would be well deserved and a much needed recognition of the portion of the industry that largely keeps the creative spirit of gaming alive. INSIDE should have won in 2016 hands down, but there's still time for the Pope to get it right.

BlvckFox

Gold Member
*Rubs hands together seductively*

I am fully anticipating announcements for long rumored games based on little to no evidence and despite this I will be immensely disappointed if they aren’t announced. Don’t tell me to temper my expectations because they have already run rampant. Good day, sir. I said Good day, sir.

Astorian

It would be well deserved and a much needed recognition of the portion of the industry that largely keeps the creative spirit of gaming alive. INSIDE should have won in 2016 hands down, but there's still time for the Pope to get it right.
Personally wasn’t a fan, but if something other than TLoU wins then I’d be fine with Hades, seems to be loved by fans and critics and the recent Jason article about the studio is a plus.

MastaKiiLA

Potentially late, but I'll say Animal Crossing wins GOTY, and down largely to his widespread appeal. I think it, more than any other game this year, has crossed so many demographics, and actually had a place in the daily zeitgeist. It's been a phenomenon this year, and I think that should earn it the award. I look forward to being very wrong.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
So is it too early for Bluepoint Games to reveal its next game? Rumor is that they been cooking it for a while now.

Lv0LeQl.jpg

Kimahri

Banned
Claiming the airing times are friendlier for international audiences is a god damn joke. 1 am or 3 am makes no difference, it's still the middle of the night, and I've got work tomorrow, lol.

They've done it earlier before, seemed to work fine. Not staying up for this.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What's everyone drinking?

Vick

MY PREDICTIONS:

Laura Bailey over Ashley Johnson?

3cev.gif

Sure, the motherfuckers sending death threats to her would deserve the bitch slap, but if you really think she deserves the award.. Abby lover weirdos are truly something man.

Vasili2K38

Claiming the airing times are friendlier for international audiences is a god damn joke. 1 am or 3 am makes no difference, it's still the middle of the night, and I've got work tomorrow, lol.

They've done it earlier before, seemed to work fine. Not staying up for this.

Yep, here in Euroland it is late, but at the end I must work a bit so I'll have in the background the show.

What's everyone drinking?

Coffee, but here it is almost the 11th, and I need to stay awake.

Majukun

are we expecting announcements?
don't really care about the awards but might stay if they reveal some stuff

Astorian

Seems like it was an old article my bad but here it is.

Great Hair

Banned
They´re still talking over at .... the main event should be live already.
3/10 is my metacritic score for the event.

Last edited:
Top Bottom