• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Good Wife |O|T| They didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of like their interactions lately. The night when Peter punched his opponent and told Alicia about it after was hilarious.

That got me. I love the playful banter they had going last season.

I really liked The Bit Bucket. Another cameo from The Wire. Also I'm with Eli.
Becca's back? Why?!

survivor

Banned
Finished the first season and man that cliffhanger ending. Also,
I felt bad for Cary when he was laid off, but now I really hope Alicia will wipe his smug smile off his face in court.

Just watched the episode. Great as usual, but I am concerned about the way it is going.

I really hope this NSA investigation into Alicia doesn't become a running theme. Two or three episodes is the most I can handle.

yeah I really hope it doesn't last for more than 3 episodes and it use to accelerate the new firm plan

yeah I really hope it doesn't last for more than 3 episodes and it use to accelerate the new firm plan

My problem is that I see it as a direct attack on Alicia. Previously she was always just collateral damage at best. It makes me nervous for her to be the center of the investigation.

I'm just preparing for the first big case of Florrick & Agos, Having to defend themselves from the innevitable Lockhart & Gardner lawsuit.

I'm just preparing for the first big case of Florick & Argos, Having to defend themselves from the innevitable Lockhart & Gardner lawsuit.

I REALLY hope that Diane gets that Supreme Court seat. Imo the inevitable clash between the firms will be kind of predictable if Diane is still there.

Maybe if Diane gets her spot on the court there will be a Florrick/Agos clash there. That would be fun!

Tucah

you speak so well
So I just blasted through the first season over the past week or so. Goddamn this show is great. The case of the week stuff is usually pretty interesting, the ongoing Peter plot was well done and it's filled with some really great characters. More specific thoughts about the first season:
-Though it was sort of obvious Alicia would get the associate spot, I like that Cary is now working for Childs (Cary, along with Kalinda, is also one of my favorite characters on the show, his smirk is great) - hopefully there's a lot of Cary vs. Alicia in the future because that rivalry has a ton of potential.
-While I don't mind the Alicia/Will/Peter love triangle yet I really hope it doesn't get out of hand. However, I have of faith that the show can pull it off without getting overly soapy about it.
-Alan Cumming is fantastic here, would like to see his role get expanded.
-The kids and Jackie have mostly been the weak point so far but Jackie was awesome in the finale after telling off the reverend.
-Man, this show gets some really incredible guest stars.

I totally understand the high praise this show gets and I can't wait to continue further. Why did I wait this long to watch this?

Whats with the CBS hate its a good network

- the mentalist
- the good wife
- the amazing race
- how i met your mother
- person of interest
- under the dome

In fact its the best network channel

So I just blasted through the first season over the past week or so. Goddamn this show is great. The case of the week stuff is usually pretty interesting, the ongoing Peter plot was well done and it's filled with some really great characters. More specific thoughts about the first season:
-Though it was sort of obvious Alicia would get the associate spot, I like that Cary is now working for Childs (Cary, along with Kalinda, is also one of my favorite characters on the show, his smirk is great) - hopefully there's a lot of Cary vs. Alicia in the future because that rivalry has a ton of potential.
-While I don't mind the Alicia/Will/Peter love triangle yet I really hope it doesn't get out of hand. However, I have of faith that the show can pull it off without getting overly soapy about it.
-Alan Cumming is fantastic here, would like to see his role get expanded.
-The kids and Jackie have mostly been the weak point so far but Jackie was awesome in the finale after telling off the reverend.
-Man, this show gets some really incredible guest stars.

I totally understand the high praise this show gets and I can't wait to continue further. Why did I wait this long to watch this?

Almost everything you mentioned only gets better going forward.

Only one real exception.

Whats with the CBS hate its a good network

- the mentalist boring as fuck
- the good wife awesome as fuck
- the amazing race lol reality show
- how i met your mother sitcom show sucks
- person of interest best show on CBS
- under the dome horrible, just a horrible show

In fact its the best network channel

well there my opinion on all though shows but you forgot elementary which is pretty decent, anyways I would consider FX the best network channel

RJT

well there my opinion on all though shows but you forgot elementary which is pretty decent, anyways I would consider FX the best network channel

The mentalist character is great, the show not so much. Even more bland than Castle.

And How I met Your Mother had a brilliant few seasons.

meh tonight episode sound boring
A Precious Commodity
Alicia receives a stunning offer that causes her to reconsider leaving the firm; the partners must take action when Diane is put at odds with her colleagues.

just watch it, it was entertaining beside the case of the week which felt boring

hope next week is the week Will find out about Alicia leaving

just watch it, it was entertaining beside the case of the week which felt boring

hope next week is the week Will find out about Alicia leaving

I am really interested in seeing Diane's reaction to Alicia and the other 4th years departure. She obviously isn't really a part of the first any more, and as a result she shouldn't be personally affronted by their departure. Maybe an alliance of some kind?

alright look like thing picking up now and yes my waifu having a appearance this episode

Outside The Bubble
Alicia attempts to obtain Lockhart/Gardner files as she prepares to leave the firm. Meanwhile, he firm hires Elsbeth Tascioni to represent them in a sexual harassment lawsuit brought on by an employee

ivysaur12

Banned
Holy shit. This show. This might be the best season yet. It's on fire. Who peaks in season 5?!

And yeah, I really think this is one of the best shows on TV. This season has just been on a different level.

and boom the bomb been dropped.
oh god love my waifu so much and hope there more of her this season
and god next episode is going to be so emotional, can't wait

Another good episode.

Case of the week was a bit underwhelming, and I was hoping that Elsbeth would be integrated into the larger plot somehow, but it was still entertaining. Diane's reaction is still a bit perplexing to me since it was only an episode ago that she was at Will's throat, but I bet she blames herself for that so is willing to help him out.

tim.mbp

Another good episode.

Case of the week was a bit underwhelming, and I was hoping that Elsbeth would be integrated into the larger plot somehow, but it was still entertaining. Diane's reaction is still a bit perplexing to me since it was only an episode ago that she was at Will's throat, but I but she blames herself for that so is willing to help him out.

I don't know.

Diane speculation in spoilers.
Alicia is stealing her mentor's clients
Diane's name is still on the firm
Diane wants a larger buyout, LG losing clients will not help

I don't know.

Diane speculation in spoilers.
Alicia is stealing her mentor's clients
Diane's name is still on the firm
Diane wants a larger buyout, LG losing clients will not help

I think it's partly due to her still feeling guilty for shafting Will in that interview but mainly Lockhart/Gardner is her firm. She doesn't want to see it disemboweled regardless of the fact she's leaving.

What can she and Will really do though? Besides blocking bonuses it seems like everything is already set up for Alicia & Company's departure.

ivysaur12

Banned
You know something that's so small that I actually appreciate about this show?

The names. Just the wild collection of names that reflect the reality of different ethnic influences on first names and different surnames in the country. On some shows, you'd be hard pressed to find a guest character whose last name ended in a vowel.

Thinking about it more Diane in even more limited than I thought.

After all, she is Peter's appointee, and if she goes nuclear on his wife she could easily lose her nomination. After all she has gone through to make it happen I don't think that she can risk it.

My prediction is that she pretty much leaves Will to it.

KlotePino

I just wanted to show some support for the show here. The name and everything surrounding it doesn't do justice how sharp, fresh and relevant some of the episodes get. I also really like most characters although I think Alicia is a bit of a stiff and cold so the weakest link. But the supporting cast more than makes up for it. Really excited to see what's gonna happen now that the cat's out of the bag. The previews got me really hyped, I normally never watch those.

Meh. Alicia has her moments.

For me I think Will is the weakest character.

this.

I have no feeling about Will at all.He just boring and uninteresting to me. Doing the whole time he was seeing Alicia I couldn't wait for that to be over.

My favorite character has to be Elsbeth. God I just love her and her weird behavior
Hope if they ever want to do a spinoff that it have her as the main character.

survivor

Banned
I finished season 2 and about 5 episodes into season 3. The whole Kalinda storyline in the second season was amazing, especially the revelation at the end. I do like that Eli Gold is appearing more often in season 3, always liked his character.

look like the moment we all been waiting for had arrived, can't wait for the fallout

Hitting The Fan
Alicia and Cary's plans to leave the firm are exposed and a desperate battle to retain clients begins

mackaveli

What an episode.

I cannot wait for the rest of the episodes this season. Looks to be really great.

I love this show and hope it never gets cancelled but the ratings scare me.

Zabojnik

Fantastic episode. Things went nuclear, the fallout shall be delicious. This is shaping up to be one of the best seasons yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom