• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Good Wife |O|T| They didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh my god :O

best episode of the season perhaps best episode of the show

so many feel in this episode, I can't even god it was great
god this eposide and the Boardwalk Empire got me all stressed out, damn

What an episode.

I cannot wait for the rest of the episodes this season. Looks to be really great.

I love this show and hope it never gets cancelled but the ratings scare me.

well the show is on it fifth season, to me ending in the seven or eighth season would be perfected
and if they want to continue just do a spinoff like on Elsbeth ;)

hom3land

Such an awesome episode. Whats up with Kalinda? Does she have a thing for Will? Peter kicking ass, loving it. I thought the way Diane looked after being reassured that all of that wasn't going to affect her being appointed a judge, was her realizing it was going to kill her chances. But then she went and tried to help out Alicia, and wasn't till the end of the episode did Peter ask for other candidates.

And got a good chuckle when Will and Alicia were going at on the phone, and then he remembers to tell her about her daughters call and they suddenly become civil.

anaron

Goddamn.

What a demonstration in shifting loyalties. I mean, I'm team Alicia but the lines were so perfectly blurred that it was thrilling seeing the show come at it through the different angles and not strictly endorse one specifically.

Where are the gifs of Alicia's talking-hand motion?!

Wazzy

Banned
Such a great episode. I watch the show on and off with my family but this one got me fully interested. Can't wait till next week and for this season.

hom3land

So anyone see Peter eventually losing his job from all the things he's going to do to help Alicias new firm? Could see the writers setting it up as Peter sacrificing his dreams to support her.

So anyone see Peter eventually losing his job from all the things he's going to do to help Alicias new firm? Could see the writers setting it up as Peter sacrificing his dreams to support her.

I really do not want this to happen. I am over Peter drama.

I hope Diane gets her seat as well.

I really do not want this to happen. I am over Peter drama.

I hope Diane gets her seat as well.

yeah, I hope this just so they could have an issue next episode then settle it with her getting seat back.
it would more interesting to me if Will have to run the firm by himself.

SaintZ

Where are the gifs of Alicia's talking-hand motion?!
aliciahandm9o2f.gif

I want more New Carey versus David Lee!

Also this episode was maybe the first where I've care at all about Will's character.

I loved the phone conversation between Will and Alicia. At first it's all tense and the moment Grace enters the conversation they become polite and cordial. Shows that even though they're lawyers they're still human.

I want more New Carey versus David Lee!

Also this episode was maybe the first where I've care at all about Will's character.

I loved the phone conversation between Will and Alicia. At first it's all tense and the moment Grace enters the conversation they become polite and cordial. Shows that even though they're lawyers they're still human with actual emotions.

TBH I expect Will to completely lose it over the course of the season..... probably almost destroying the firm.

Dr.Acula

Banned
In my opinion yes, but I am sure most of gaf would have an aneurysm at the very thought of liking a show on network TV.

Easily the best network show (maybe Hannibal), I kind of avoided it the first couple of seasons because "eww network." Caught it on TV a couple of times by accident and was really impressed by it so that's how I started watching.

Cartman86

Banned
Jesus Christ that was amazing. One of the most entertaining and tense hours of television I have ever seen. Soooooo many things to mention, but i'll just say the little touch of
Cary trying to get the elevator to move while eavesdropping and then hanging his head out a little too far causing the doors to open again
was fantastic.

The scene where ice cold Alicia drags Will/Diane after the court hearing was priceless. My personal favorite moment of the episode.

Sotha Sil

Just discovered this show a few weeks ago, marathoned through it all. One of the best ever. It's a perfect mix of feminist drama and Ace Attorney-grade comedy (down to the quirky, lovable recurring characters). Thanks, ivysaur - I wouldn't have given it a chance without your endless praise.

This last episode really was something else. I expected Alicia to create her own firm at some point, but thought the show's focus would shift on her. The show keeps creating separate arcs (Peter, L&G, Alicia's firm) while remaining surprisingly fluid and engaging. Quite the feat.

Sotha Sil

I really don't understand Kalinda's relationship with Will at all.

I'm of two minds about it. Option one: there's nothing to understand about their relationship. Kalinda's siding with him because a Kalinda-Will/Alicia confrontation will make for good TV. Option two, their relationship is actually complex, and most of it is happening off-camera. The thing is, the show gives us very little information about their personal lives (and when it does, it doesn't really work - see Kalinda's S4 arc and the "Will and his sisters" episode). They basically have no private life to speak of, and thus have very little to talk about.

It's not really a courtroom drama.. Not at all actually.

A lot of people in this thread have asked why this isn't a more popular show on this forum and why it's such an overlooked show. I was simply suggesting that from the synopsis it seems like it's not something that appeals to a lot of people. I watch a ton of television and exceptional writing and acting isn't going to make me tune in because of this show's subject matter. The last courtroom/lawyer/political show I could stomach was Boston Legal and that's only because it was a comedy.

SaintZ

They are friends? They have had multiple conversations during the years about how Will has Kalinda's back. Kalinda has always trusted Will (except when it comes to getting a raise or health care lol) so it's not surprising to me how easily she chosed his side in the end.

Promo for next week.

Karu

The Good Wife's Ozymndias-episode *hyperbole'! ;-) But in terms of "The culmination of the show's past conflicts" it may very well be exactly that.

So many great scenes. The Judas-scene, talk between Peter/Will, Kalinda/Will, Lee's comments on pretty much anything and...

... the friggin score! That were just incredible tense twenty minutes right at the beginning and it didn't stop there. The camera work too.

They're damaged people who bond over hard liquor (a.k.a. friends). She's obviously still not over Carey and her relationship with Alicia hasn't fully recovered either - at the very least, they're not as close as they used to be. I'd be surprised if Kalinda wasn't siding with Will since he's the only person who's been clear about needing her.

SaintZ

She's obviously still not over Carey and her relationship with Alicia hasn't fully recovered either - at the very least, they're not as close as they used to be.
Kalinda and Alicia haven't had a scene together since... like, last season around episode 19 or something. Their last interaction was when Alicia called Kalinda asking for her help cockblocking her in the process lol. Julianna M has been very vocal about how she doesn't like the Alicia/Kalinda friendship because she doesn't think Alicia would be friends with someone who slept with her husband. I doubt they're gonna be friends again, which is a shame because her scenes in the bar were awesome.

Incredible episode.

This episode was everything.

I didn't like how Peter had a hand in getting Chum Hum back tho.

Peter was willing to get elected with stuffed ballot boxes, this is in character for him. I am surprised Alicia didn't say anything.

This is currently the best show on TV, right GAF? Goddamn, such an amazing episode.

eh I wouldn't say that, but it could be argue it in the top 5, but probably not in my top 5 for year though which is(in no order):
-Boardwalk Empire
-Breaking Bad(ended so a new show should be here)
-Mad Men(not going to watch season 7 until 2015 with netflix)
-Strike Bad
-Justified

Ignore him. Seriously.

Also, if this show was on AMC, everyone on GAF would be watching because the buzz would be deafening.

yuck amc. Can't wait for mad men to end so that worthless pos channel never be talked about again.
I really don't understand why everyone give amc the credit for breaking bad and mad men. Two show they were lucky that landed on there terrible channel.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Incredible episode.

Peter was willing to get elected with stuffed ballot boxes, this is in character for him. I am surprised Alicia didn't say anything.

Alicia didn't say anything because they're
fucking again and she's being dumb.
. But she needs dat cash from a big client.

yuck amc. Can't wait for mad men to end so that worthless pos channel never be talked about again.
I really don't understand why everyone give amc the credit for breaking bad and mad men. Two show they were lucky that landed on there terrible channel.

He's got a hard on for AMC and he's telling people to ignore me. It's a terrible network and it just lost its best show. As I've said, GAF doesn't give a shit about this show because of the premise. It has zero to do with what network it airs on.

adg1034

Alicia didn't say anything because they're
fucking again and she's being dumb.
. But she needs dat cash from a big client.

Agreed that this'll eventually come back to burn her. But it had to happen, both for the sake of their firm and the sake of the show.

For now, though, I'm just glad they're not going to the Lockhart/Gardner vs. Florrick/Agos well immediately. It's bound to happen within a few episodes, sure, but this show's at its best when it doesn't take the easy way forward, and I cannot fucking wait to see where it goes from here.

Dr.Acula

Banned
He's got a hard on for AMC and he's telling people to ignore me. It's a terrible network and it just lost its best show. As I've said, GAF doesn't give a shit about this show because of the premise. It has zero to do with what network it airs on.

Hannibal was another network show that flew under the radar, and yet the awful Dexter season 8 thread moved rather briskly.

I think network stuff has been historically weak, but remember AMC was a joke until the last few years. I'm not surprised people don't watch Good Wife. Hopefully it'll get a netflix deal for the older seasons and people will marathon it. There were a lot of LTTP BraBad threads on GAF, people are used to bingeing shows now.

I don't know there a lot of poster here that watch mad men and the premise for that sound boring.
Maybe it because it hard to find it online.I mean it would do the show good, heck any of CBS show, had a streaming option like Netflix or Amazon Prime, there would be more gaf poster watching it and making lttp thread about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom