• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Great British Bake Off [BBC1]

Selasi. :( He and Andrew are my most liked, right from the start, but TBH Selasi was mostly outclassed by the others for a number of weeks. He was middle of the road for a long time, just lucky others screwed up more in previous weeks. Shame to see him go though, as he was really likeable.

I think Candice will win, her mistakes generally have been less significant than the others.

sammex

109227709-bake-off-judges-large_trans++eo_i_u9APj8RuoebjoAHt0k9u7HhRJvuo-ZLenGRumA.jpg

Today is the day.

bake-off-final-hero-136410659718203901-161020104023.jpg

Why Candice should win the Great British Bake Off

Come on Candice!!

118885.gif

Candice's meringue looked delicious. EDIT: Jane's too, Andrew's seems to be the weakest of the lot.

Edit: it's between Jane and candice at the moment it seems. Sad as I really wanted Andrew to win it but I'd say Candice will win.

Theecliff

Banned
feel like candice is gonna win. honestly don't mind who wins this final although i feel more invested in both candice and andrew over jane

Loved Candice from the beginning so happy to see her win.

Yet again I tear up as they play the sad piano music and the winner gives a teary speech about being good enough. I'm a total sucker.

I'll definitely miss the show but glad it at least gets to go out on a high. And Mary and Mel and Sue will do something together so there's that to look forward to. They'll make something feel-good to fill the gap.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah, it was an easy guess what with Jane and Andrew having major mistakes like soggy bottoms and undercooked pastry.

Well done Candice.

f0rk

All the batch bake showstoppers this season were more challenging than previous seasons but a bit less spectacular. The only real 'wow' one was the peacock. Also the best innuendo

berzeli

Banned
Ah, fucking finally, for the first time I've not had a bake off final ruined by the twats at The Guardian! (a.k.a. I remembered to disable notifications on the app and didn't go on their website before watching the show).

Congrats Candice!

But tbh, we're all winners since Andrew chose to wear shorts. *swoon*

mclem

I'll definitely miss the show but glad it at least gets to go out on a high. And Mary and Mel and Sue will do something together so there's that to look forward to. They'll make something feel-good to fill the gap.

And in the meantime, Auntie Beeb, I would be quite happy to watch Candice And Jane's International Baking Adventure. Particularly if they have an episode where they drop in on Val in Ayia Napa.

fenners

And in the meantime, Auntie Beeb, I would be quite happy to watch Candice And Jane's International Baking Adventure. Particularly if they have an episode where they drop in on Val in Ayia Napa.

This. That scene of the two of them by the picnic table, with that caption, was just a perfect[/i[ end to it all, it really was.I utterly love this show.

All in all, the right baker deservedly won. Jane did exactly what she's done for the last six weeks - right solid bakes, not quite good enough to win, but definitely better than most. Andrew did what he does - engineered marvels that either work perfectly or don't quite go.

Loved the challenges of the final - they fit the original pitch of this season really well, and there was an obvious focus on "home baking" - big batches, key skills, simple decorations rather than one key elaborate showstopper. Really liked that. And that technical challenge was fun to watch the reveal.

Goodlife

Not sure if it's because I knew it was the last one, or I've become a bit saturated to it, but kind of feel, in an odd way, that I was glad that was the last one.

The downward spiral had already started and at some point over the next couple of years it was going to jump the shark.

Although this speech was still the highlight for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNvyfsVfmu8

Top Bottom