• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Indie Bundle 3 is now live! [Now Can Include Bundle 2]

itxaka

Defeatist
http://www.humblebundle.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4c6PWtE9mI

Crayon Physics Deluxe, Hammerfight, VVVVVV, And Yet It Moves, and Cogs.

Cross-platform.
All games in the Humble Indie
Bundle work natively on Linux
Mac OS X, and Windows.

Pay what you want.
If you bought these five games
separately, it would cost around $50
but we're letting you set the price!

Support charity.
You choose exactly how your
purchase is divided: game
developers, foundations, or even us!

DRM free.
Install them as many times as
you like AND redeem them on
Steam and Desura!

It finishes in 14 days and 6 hours from now!

Stolen from shagg_187.

Alright. Time to clear some of the confusion.

mxGOm.jpg

Select whatever amount you feel like, whether it be $1 or $100,000. You have a choice to adjust whatever portion of money you want to give to either developers, the organizers or the charity. Pick the default adjustment if you don't want to bother with that, or customize it for your satisfaction. Click on one of the three payment methods. If you don't have any of the following accounts then click on paypal and you will be prompted to pay with your credit card if you like.

Once you make a payment, you will be redirected to the confirmation page. An email will be send to you in case you close the window which can be accessed any time as long as you don't delete the email as well.

You will be given a unique URL at checkout/email:

Thanks for purchasing the Humble Indie Bundle #3! To access your DRM-free copies of all of the games on any platform, just follow this link:

Unique Humble URL: http://www.humblebundle.com/?key=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Please save this email so that you can download the games again whenever you'd like in the future. We will keep your copies online at the above URL for the foreseeable future. Please make local backups though, to save bandwidth.

If you have any problems, please contact us and we will get it sorted out, ASAP.

Thanks again for participating in the Humble Bundle!

Jeffrey Rosen
Humble Bundle

Clicking on the URL will open the download page:

pQozv.jpg

If you want to be charitable and feel like your initial payment wasn't enough i.e. you're broke now, want to play the game now and will repay later when you get the money, you can always do that by clicking on "Like what we're doing? Click here to increase your order amount!"

To get the DRM-free links, choose the platform, the download method and click on download. If you want to get the Steam/Desura keys, click on "Click here for your Steam and Desura Keys" and it'll generate one for you which can be activated in Steam under "Games > Activate a Product on Steam".

Hope that answered everything. Remember, spread the word and don't hesitate to chat with the wonderful people using the chat box in the bottom right. I had some wonderful conversation with Johannes... :p

Also, if you end up losing your key or deleting your email, click here to recover it: http://www.humblebundle.com/?s=resender

Shafto

Dayum, already own most of these games...

Kinda tempted to buy it just for a Steam registerable version of Crayon Physics though...

MooMoo

Wow three topics about this in the span of one minute. I have chosen yours to grace my post :p Already have Cogs and VVVVVV, but I'll grab this bundle anyways! I have to be cheap though since I'm poor. Sorry indie devs :(

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I already own And Yet it Moves and VVVVV, the only games I know and want out of the bundle.

I already bought two copies of the bundle.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Awesome. I'll get around to this later and pay $5 above the average, as I always do.

I own none of these. Besides VVVVV and AYIM, how are the others? Thinking of dropping $10-$20 for all of them, not sure yet. Average is around $5.00.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Damn Indie bundles, selling games I already own.

They are even reusing there same picture when you enter a low amount.

itxaka

Defeatist
AbsoluteZero said:
Wait, what was in bundle 1 & 2?

HB1: World of Goo (2D Boy), Aquaria (Bit Blot), Gish (Edmund McMillen), Penumbra: Overture (Frictional Games), and Lugaru (Wolfire Games).

HB2: Braid (Jonathan Blow/Number None Studios), Cortex Command (Data Realms LLC), Machinarium (Amanita Design), Osmos (Hemisphere Games), and Revenge of the Titans (Puppy Games). <---- BEST BUNDLE EVER

HB Frozenbyte: Trine, Shadowgrounds, and Shadowgrounds Survivor. It also contained an executable version along with source code for an unfinished game, Jack Claw, and a pre-order for their upcoming game, Splot.

Cyrillus

I find the difference in average price between platforms very interesting. Linux paying more than double on average than either Windows or Mac.

I only own Crayon Physics out of this bundle, so I will definitely be jumping on it!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
From my Game of the Year 2010 votes:

link
1. VVVVVV ; This is the best platformer released in the last decade. There's absolutely no fat. Mechanics are introduced, tested, refined, developed, plumbed, and discarded within 10 minutes, and it feels totally organic. The open world feels even better than Super Metroid, and the individual world-segments are beautifully self-contained. Every single platforming puzzle works. Of the entire game, there is only one single screen that I feel is suboptimal. It doesn't overstay its welcome; it has about 3-4 hours worth of content, and that's exactly how long it'll take you. Every screen makes your grin wider as you realize that, yes, they did just pull that trick out of the bag. There's something to be said for perfectly executed modesty. What's wonderful is that despite the handful of mechanics, they all descend from one base mechanic--you can flip from ceiling to floor or vice versa but can't change directions during a flip. The crown jewel is an optional sequence called "Veni, Vidi, Vici" which is the single most challenging sequence I've played in a game in years and so so satisfying when you beat it. What's most poignant about the VVV sequence (and thus VVVVVV as a whole) is that the theme of being able to do these amazing space flips but not even make a little hop causes both thematic frustration--I can see that damn shiny trinket, why the hell can't I climb over this block and get there--and puzzle-related frustration. Wonderful.

So, uh, in summary--I highly recommend this pack on the strength of VVVVVV alone.

Zafir

Has anyone actually managed to activate it on Desura? When I put my key in it said I'd added Buy Games Not Socks thing instead...?

Edit: It's been fixed now, nevermind!

CoffeeJanitor said:
I'm really really cheap/frugal but I don't want to be an asshole. I also want VVVVV.

WHAT DO GAF

Pass. If you can't/won't pay a reasonable amount, then pass. Wait until your situation improves and donate a fair amount next bundle.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Crazy, I just bought Hammerfight in the Steam sale. Don't really want any of the others that aren't named VVVVVV though.

Theonik

Done. I missed VVVVVV on the Steam sale so this was ideal. Bought it above the average as I have for all the previous ones.

gregor7777 said:
Pass. If you can't/won't pay a reasonable amount, then pass. Wait until your situation improves and donate a fair amount next bundle.

These developers would rather have a few dollars than no dollars at all. Otherwise, this promotion wouldn't exist.

CoffeeJanitor said:
I'm really really cheap/frugal but I don't want to be an asshole. I also want VVVVV.

WHAT DO GAF
Give what you can. It's charity for a reason, there's no limit in what you can/want to pay.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, why not. Redid the split so most of the money went to charity and paid the average.

Already had AYIM and Cogs on Steam, and had Crayon Physics Deluxe from somewhere else, but I lost the exe, so it's nice to have a Steam version. VVVVVV is supposed to be good, and I'm not sure I've heard of the Hammerfight game.

Bought for $10, with $6 going to developers and $4 to the website. None to charity; I donate to charities separately throughout the year.

Top Bottom