• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Indie Bundle 3 is now live! [Now Can Include Bundle 2]

gregor7777 said:
Pass. If you can't/won't pay a reasonable amount, then pass. Wait until your situation improves and donate a fair amount next bundle.
Even if someone buys it for $1, it is $1 they wouldn't have given otherwise.

Just buy it for whatever you want, anything is better then nothing.

The only two of these I really have interest in I've already played, that's VVVVVV and Cogs. (VVVVVV is overrated, incidentally). I'll probably pitch in 5 bucks anyway just because I want to continue supporting this; maybe I'll play And Yet It Moves.

Charity is voluntary, give what you want. If you think that you should have given more, then gift it to someone else. There's no need to feel bad, unless you pay 1 cent or something...

Theonik

CoffeeJanitor said:
I'm really really cheap/frugal but I don't want to be an asshole. I also want VVVVV.

WHAT DO GAF
Give $5 or more and you are OK. They would rather have a little money and people enjoying their games than no money. $5 is a good amount cause it means a decent amount is left after transaction fees.

R1CHO

A lot of VVVVV love... i was going to buy the bundle anyway just for the support as always, but now i really want to try that game, downloading from steam!

jediyoshi

Gaogaogao said:
they got steam codes right off the bat, hells yeah

I think at this point, people would actually be upset if they didn't at least right off the bat say there'd be redeemable codes.

Owzers

Grimm Fandango said:
I feel kinda bad for only giving $5 when I gave $10 in the past but the games just aren't as interesting to me.

I'll probably be my usual cheap self and give $1.50 if i decide to. That's my " i don't care about any of these games but i guess i'd try VVVVVV and i like supporting stuff" amount. Otherwise i wouldn't bother at all.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I already own VVVVV which is the only game I was interested in but I still bought the bundle for $5.

Bought. Then realized I owned all of them on steam. Well some money went to charity anyway. Will give to a friend so he can play some of them.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Always down for a Humble Bundle.

I also can't wait for the inevitable "anyone wanna trade my humble bundle Steam key for 'X' game" posts. You people actually make me sad for the world and the future of our species.

Bought one for me, and gifted one to a friend.

This is worth it just for VVVVVV. It's basically the perfect platformer. Stumpokapow said it best - not an ounce of fat on the game. It's just an absolutely tight, constantly rewarding experience. And the soundtrack is boss.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Vyrance said:
Already have And Yet It Moves. Bought the bundle for $5.39 ($1 above average). Now onto Bundle #4!
Average is dropping quick, it was almost $5 when I paid it. Must be a lot of people paying a penny or a dollar or something.

And what happens if you pay less than a dollar?

vitacola

Nice. Two games I always wanted without Steam DRM <3
Only con: the backlog grows and grows :(

The fourth Humble Bundle I'm buying, gotta support such ideas.

xXJonoXx

I bought the bundle. I tried to play Cogs, I adjusted the graphics option to full screen and now the screen went black and I can't see anything. If I reopen the game, black screen. Delete and reinstall, black screen. Any advice?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
chaosblade said:
And what happens if you pay less than a dollar?

You see a drawing of a poor game developer, and you have to fill out a reCAPTCHA.

itxaka said:
HB2: Braid (Jonathan Blow/Number None Studios), Cortex Command (Data Realms LLC), Machinarium (Amanita Design), Osmos (Hemisphere Games), and Revenge of the Titans (Puppy Games). <---- BEST BUNDLE EVER
When was this? Were the games registerable on Steam?

gdt

Super easy, and very convenient through Amazon payments.

Already got, and loved (fuck Veni, Vidi, Vichi) VVVVV though.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Hah, orders under 1$ have to use a Recaptch. Devilish Ploy!

Not really interested in anything, but I threw in a buck either way.

Jme

Thanks for the heads up, purchased again. The only bundle I've passed on was the frozenbyte one because it wasn't all working on Mac at the time.

Been wanting to own VVVVVV since I played the flash demo, can't wait!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Screw waiting for Steam sales. When it comes to indie games, I wait for humble bundles!

Grisby

Weak lineup and I already own VVVVV.

Here's a question though. How on earth do you save in the game? Doesn't seem to keep any of my saves. Is that because its a flash based game? How would I fix this?

gdt

Grisby said:
Weak lineup and I already own VVVVV.

Here's a question though. How on earth do you save in the game? Doesn't seem to keep any of my saves. Is that because its a flash based game? How would I fix this?

It both quicksaves and you can manually save at the pause (Enter) screen.

Top Bottom