• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Indie Bundle 3 is now live! [Now Can Include Bundle 2]

JADS

Either I already had a copy of Cogs laying around that I didn't notice or it seems that buying the pack gives you a gift-able copy of Cogs if you already own it.

Bought for $10 because I like DRM-free and Linux support. I paid $35 for Bundle 2 so it evens out.

I have VVVVVV on Steam but I think I'll actually play it seriously now. Same with the Frozenbyte pack.

I played Cogs a little bit during the Potato Portal 2 thing and it was a fun time. I can recommend that one.

I wish they had an all-games torrent.

Chesskid1 said:
do they games show up as Humble Bundles #3 on steam or all separately?

All separately.

I started all the torrents and it's killing my connection with a bloody fever. It's glorious. I haven't run this many torrents at the same time since the 10.04 Ubuntu release.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Chesskid1 said:
do they games show up as Humble Bundles #3 on steam or all separately?
Both but once you get past the redeem screen it gives you the option to DL what you want from the bundle.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Soka said:
I own none of these. Besides VVVVV and AYIM, how are the others? Thinking of dropping $10-$20 for all of them, not sure yet. Average is around $5.00.

I know Crayon is pretty dang awesome. Cogs is supposedly solid too if you like puzzle games. Just don't expect a lot of pizzaz with that one.

Stupacabra said:
Bought one for me, and gifted one to a friend.

This is worth it just for VVVVVV. It's basically the perfect platformer. Stumpokapow said it best - not an ounce of fat on the game. It's just an absolutely tight, constantly rewarding experience. And the soundtrack is boss.

I'd say it is just a little too hard in some areas. I've never managed to beat Vinni Vidi Vicci or whatever that part was called.

It should be noted that VVVVVV is now version 2 (Steam version is still v1.2) and has several entirely new levels (plus one designed by Notch).

Comment from the youtube trailer by someone called "SoulEyeDigitalMusic":

I have made almost a whole new world for VVVVVV which is in this release, and there's a bunch of other new levels too. If original VVVVVV was 4 hours of play, it is now easily 10. And I've made two more songs that are in it! :)

Kyaw

Paid $10! Same as i did for last time.

More games on my backlog yay!

Hammerfight looks very interesting.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Not interested in ever playing any of these, but I do love adding more games to my Steam list.

Ugh, I'm horrible.

confuziz

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
... what is not safe about it that applies to the circumstance of sending a one-time payment to a seller?

The transaction itself is safe, however having a Paypal account isn't.

Glix

I've loved this every year so far!!! Only paid 5.33 cuz I'm super broke, but whatever!

I already had VVVVVVVVV for anyone on the fence, that game is worth 10 bucks all by itself!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Welp, And Yet it Moves has been really unresponsive and hangs quite a bit. Had to manually exit it. Will try it later I guess.

angular graphics said:
It should be noted that VVVVVV is now version 2 (Steam version is still v1.2) and has several entirely new levels (plus one designed by Notch).

What--who did--i never--omg

Re-bought.

Also, to anyone saying there's nothing there to interest you. Yes there is. You're interested in VVVVVV.

It's science fact!

angular graphics said:

That's interesting, why the Steam version hasn't been update yet though?

atomsk

Party Pooper
thankful this is running 14 days, because I'm already over budget for the month (damned Steam sale and all)

will donate on aug 1st

atomsk said:
thankful this is running 14 days, because I'm already over budget for the month (damned Steam sale and all)

will donate on aug 1st

There is no such thing as over budget! It's humble bundle! Support however you can but yeah, August 1st is awesomer :p

Gvaz

Banned
Technically it's the FOURTH humble indie bundle but I guess that doesn't count.

Kind of a lame one though for me, I have 3/5 of them already on steam :|

Ifrit

angular graphics said:

Awesome, I needed an excuse to replay it, such a wonderful game

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Sweet, I don't own a single one of these games. Paid a good amount for the whole lot, so everybody ought to be happy.

(Except me when it comes to tackling my Steam back catalogue. ;;_;; )

Drek

kamspy said:
After 5 minutes I can tell VVVVV is waaaaaay out of my league. My fingers can't keep up.
It feels like that at first. You'll quickly improve though. I started out feeling the same way but after a getting a feel I ran through Veni, Vidi, Vici in about 50 deaths, better than most from what I understand.

SovanJedi said:
Sweet, I don't own a single one of these games. Paid a good amount for the whole lot, so everybody ought to be happy.

(Except me when it comes to tackling my Steam back catalogue. ;;_;; )
You don't tackle your Steam back catalog. You watch it grow into a massive library of awesome that you got for pennies. Then you BASK.

Thanks. Bought. $10 dollars.

I have purchased the 3 bundles now... but I never installed them. Is there a way to download the games from the Bundle 1 and 2?

TheNatural

My Member!
They might be pushing these bundles out too quick. It's great for charity, but they might be losing some steam the more they release them.

Fernando Rocker said:
Thanks. Bought. $10 dollars.

I have purchased the 3 bundles now... but I never installed them. Is there a way to download the games from the Bundle 1 and 2?

Check your emails from the previous bundles? They might still work.

Top Bottom