• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Indie Bundle 3 is now live! [Now Can Include Bundle 2]

Wallach

Another vote for VVVVVV - anyone that doesn't own that title should grab this bundle ASAP and get some other games at a low price.

Silex

Twinduct said:
Oh I though the hidden gem went to everyone.
Oh well, any idea if I can gift these games on steam?

Well, it will probably be available to everyone, the question is at what price... So it's best to buy early.

And while you can't directly gift the games on steam, you can either gift the whole bundle or send to a friend the serial which you'll get after buying.

BiggNife

Quick question: I already have VVVVVV and AYIM on Steam. If I use the activation key for the Humble Bundle on Steam, can I gift copies of the two games I already own to friends?

And yes VVVVVV is amazing eveyrone play it

Twinduct

BiggNife said:
Quick question: I already have VVVVVV and AYIM on Steam. If I use the activation key for the Humble Bundle on Steam, can I gift copies of the two games I already own to friends?

And yes VVVVVV is amazing eveyrone play it

Nope :<

Edit: Just to clarify a bit. You get one code to redeem on steam, the games then get added. If you already own the game, there is no gift able copy. In fact if you own three of the five games, once you use the code, you technically only get the two games you don't own, as you already own the other three games.

Twinduct

Silex said:
Well, it will probably be available to everyone, the question is at what price... So it's best to buy early.

And while you can't directly gift the games on steam, you can either gift the whole bundle or send to a friend the serial which you'll get after buying.

Thanks, paid a bit less than the last bundle, but considering I have everything in the bundle (some of them I double dipped already), I don't feel too bad.

So, erm, I was curious and did a little experiment...
and it turns out you can indeed buy the bundle for a mere cent. *whistles innocently*

Chavelo

Necromanti said:
and it turns out you can indeed buy the bundle for a mere cent. *whistles innocently*

boo-this-man.gif

Neki

Necromanti said:
Yes, you've been able to do that for all the humble bundles. just don't come bragging in here that you only spent a cent, it's quite rude.

Necromanti said:

Of course you can... it says "pay what you want."

Ultimoo said:
Yes, you've been able to do that for all the humble bundles. just don't come bragging in here that you only spent a cent, it's quite rude.
Sorry, I didn't realize I was bragging. I've already made up for it with gift copies, anyhow. :)

Soka said:
Of course you can... it says "pay what you want."
I thought that the cut-off was a dollar, though.
You can't pay a fraction of a cent.

Twinduct

Never followed the humble bundle threads, was the suggestion to do a 'combined' purchase as a 'NeoGaf' group ever brought up? Would be pretty nifty to see @neogaf up in the charts

Twinduct

Man Linux is completely dominating on the average spent scale.
Tux represented!

Zeeman said:
Anyone else having trouble activating the bundle on Steam? It's telling me my key isn't valid

Gifted mine to a friend, who redeemed it without problem .. or so he claims

vitacola

Twinduct said:
Tux represented!
And I'm always disappointed by the Windows Users :(

EDIT: Why would someone want to "get DRM" for his DRM-free games in form of Steam? (I know the downloadable .exes and stuff is still free of it.) I just don't get it ...

Gvaz

Banned
Twinduct said:
Tux represented!

Gifted mine to a friend, who redeemed it without problem .. or so he claims
The idea is they don't spend anything for an OS so they can afford it.

Macs are rich people, but slightly stingy

windows just pirates everything so when they do pay its all they can afford

:V

Pepto

Banned
So VVVVVV doesn't support the 360 controller and doesn't have volume controls? That's taking the retro angle too far.

Salsa

$15 spent. Wish i could spend more but Limbo is right around the corner D:

I already own all of the games too

Twinduct

Gvaz said:
The idea is they don't spend anything for an OS so they can afford it.

Macs are rich people, but slightly stingy

windows just pirates everything so when they do pay its all they can afford

:V

Lol, personally I think it's just the whole 'Thank you based god for supporting Linux' :p
Agreed on the windows thing, then again, Windows does make up for it by the sheer advantage of the numbers they have behind them.

vitacola said:
And I'm always disappointed by the Windows Users :(

EDIT: Why would someone want to "get DRM" for his DRM-free games in form of Steam? (I know the downloadable .exes and stuff is still free of it.) I just don't get it ...

Automatic updates, the steam-overlay/friends list, all games "in one location," etc. To me, DRM is only a negative if it is highly limiting or invasive, which I personally find Steam to be a-okay.

Zeeman

vitacola said:

Honestly, I have a better chance of remembering that I own the games and playing them if I have them on Steam

Neo Child

Banned
When does this last till? I have 30p in my bank at the moment, get paid on Friday so would love to pay at least £5 towards these guys but don't want the deal to end =]

Edit: Read OP, okay sweet can't wait till payday! =D I've always wanted to try And Yet It Moves and VVVVV.

vitacola

Soka said:
Automatic updates, the steam-overlay/friends list, all games "in one location," etc. To me, DRM is only a negative if it is highly limiting or invasive, which I personally find Steam to be a-okay.
OK, I get it. Thanks for the explanation.

You speaking about the updates, a question comes to my mind:
Did the Wolfire/Humble Bundle guys provide updates to the "steamless" versions of the other Humble Bundles? Downloaded them at release and never re-downloaded them.

EDIT1:
Zeeman said:
Honestly, I have a better chance of remembering that I own the games and playing them if I have them on Steam
haha, I know the problem :D

EDIT 2:
Soka said:
I assume he/she means the volume control for your speakers.
Yep, he means this. (the little volume control "wheel" at your speakers or the buttons at laptops)

Ceebs

I have an extra bundle I bought I will give away to the best sob story as to why you have no money to buy your own.

Necromanti said:

That's actually cost them money because of the transaction fee on Paypal. Unless they have some kind of deal with them.

vitacola said:
You speaking about the updates, a question comes to my mind:
Did the Wolfire/Humble Bundle guys provide updates to the "steamless" versions of the other Humble Bundles? Downloaded them at release and never re-downloaded them.
Revenge of the Titans (from #2) has been. The version currently on the Humble Bundle site is the same as the one on Steam, and that game has been updated a number of times since that bundle went up.

totowhoa

Banned
Already bought VVVVVV twice. Demoed AYIM before and thought it was average. Not interested in Crayon Physics really but I have a wacom tablet so that could make it fun. No idea what the other games are.

Went ahead and bought for a few dollars, mostly just to d/l VVVVV on a new comp and romp through it again over the next few days. I'll give crayon physics a shot and see what GAF thinks about the other games, but this is by far the worst indie bundle yet and the least I've paid :/ I usually try to donate the price of a single steam game (10 and 20 respectively for the last two) but I'm just not digging this one at all.

Gave it all to the devs this time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, another case where I have almost all the games. Hammerfight seems to have disappeared from the Steam store though?

I already own most of these (sans hammerfight and crayon physics). But I do want to say that I absolutely love everything about what these guys are doing.

On another note, when the hell is Wolffire going to tell me more about Overgrowth?

vitacola

slidewinder said:
Revenge of the Titans (from #2) has been. The version currently on the Humble Bundle site is the same as the one on Steam, and that game has been updated a number of times since that bundle went up.
Ah, okay, thanks for the information.
Gotta re-download so I can finally burn my backup disc(s) of the bundles.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Normally I'd balk at the idea of playing a platformer with the keyboard, but WASD just works with VVVVVV.

Gvaz

Banned
slidewinder said:
Why are the updates not pushed the steam? What the hell?

totowhoa

Banned
Paches-EJ- said:
Best penny I've spent since the last bundle.

If you're going to spend a penny, make sure you gift it to your friends, guys! That's sort of the point. If you're going to be a fucking cheap ass about it, gift it to your friends so that they can recommend it to their friends after the sale is over and they can hopefully support the devs in some way.

I'm sure there are casuals out there who would enjoy CP and AYIM. Gift the game for pennies to people who would otherwise know nothing of them, so at least it may garner future sells for the devs. This especially applies to the goofs who spend only a penny and have the money to spend more. Spend five pennies and get the games out there more.

RoboShmup

Banned
Paches-EJ- said:
Best penny I've spent since the last bundle.
:mad:

I already had VVVVVV, but I'm definitely supporting the devs with my purchase. Got all the 3 main bundles so far (missed the frozenbyte one).

Top Bottom