• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Indie Bundle 3 is now live! [Now Can Include Bundle 2]

vitacola

Fernando Rocker said:
Is there a way to download the games from the Bundle 1 and 2?
Just search for the emails with your key (the URL including your key), they sent you after you purchased the Bundle 1 and 2. Click the URL and have fun ;)

Fernando Rocker said:
Thanks. Bought. $10 dollars.

I have purchased the 3 bundles now... but I never installed them. Is there a way to download the games from the Bundle 1 and 2?
They send you an unique link per email. The same link from other bundles should send you to the all the games you got.

Fernando Rocker said:

I have purchased the 3 bundles now... but I never installed them. Is there a way to download the games from the Bundle 1 and 2?

As everyone stated, check your mail. If it doesn't work then click on "Lost Keys" at the bottom of their webpage and you might/should recover it.

Gvaz

Banned
Chesskid1 said:
i bought it, but i didn't give very much. sorry guys :(
Me either. I don't have that much money and I already own most of the games. Gave it all to developers idc about the charities.

Teppic

Fernando Rocker said:

Be sure to install Aquaria first.

dani_dc

This bundle is a weaker than last two than the other two.
With that said it's still a great cause and there are some great games, VVVVVV is absolutely amazing and anyone that doesn't has it should jump on this deal right away.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
angular graphics said:
It should be noted that VVVVVV is now version 2 (Steam version is still v1.2) and has several entirely new levels (plus one designed by Notch).

Comment from the youtube trailer by someone called "SoulEyeDigitalMusic":

So you know, that someone is the guy who did the VVVVVV soundtrack.

I linked to it because, by the time you finish the game, you'll want to buy it.

I want to buy the Bundle just for the new VVVVVV even though I already have it on Steam. I was about to play it today as well. Can I activate the new one on Steam? Going back through the thread now so I may answer my own question. :p

Obsessed said:
I'd say it is just a little too hard in some areas. I've never managed to beat Vinni Vidi Vicci or whatever that part was called.

That's my favorite part to replay! And I'm horrible at these new indie platformers.

dani_dc said:
This bundle is a weaker than last two than the other two.
With that said it's still a great cause and there are some great games, VVVVVV is absolutely amazing and anyone that doesn't has it should jump on this deal right away.

It's not weak, IMO. And yet it moves is a very fun/crazy mind-bending platformer. VVVVVV is godly as always. Cogs, I've heard nice things about it.

angular graphics said:
It should be noted that VVVVVV is now version 2 (Steam version is still v1.2) and has several entirely new levels (plus one designed by Notch).

I have made almost a whole new world for VVVVVV which is in this release, and there's a bunch of other new levels too. If original VVVVVV was 4 hours of play, it is now easily 10. And I've made two more songs that are in it! :)

Additionally a level editor is included for the first time.

Instructions: http://distractionware.com/forum/index.php?topic=322.0

Helmholtz

Already got VVVVVV during the summer sale, so I think I'll pass on this one (not interested in other games). But for those who don't have VVVVVV, you should definitely go for this.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
CoffeeJanitor said:
I'm really really cheap/frugal but I don't want to be an asshole. I also want VVVVV.

WHAT DO GAF
You can pay them, then pay them more money later on your order / key page.
Dunno how long that lasts though.

Bought. Very cool to see they all activate under Steam.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Hazaro said:
You can pay them, then pay them more money later on your order / key page.
Dunno how long that lasts though.

Bought. Very cool to see they all activate under Steam.
Give em a dollar. That is 8/9 of a Snickers Bar :O

Kyaw

CoffeeJanitor said:
How do I link these games to Steam?

You can redeem a Steam key from the unique link in the email.

Activate a steam product in Steam library to get all the games in steam.

dani_dc

shagg_187 said:
It's not weak, IMO. And yet it moves is a very fun/crazy mind-bending platformer. VVVVVV is godly as always. Cogs, I've heard nice things about it.
I said weaker, not weak. I found And yet it moves solid but not more than that. Same deal with Crayon physics deluxe. Cogs I didn't enjoy much but that wasn't my type of game admittedly. Never played Hammerfight though.

I just think the other two bundles had a stronger array of titles, especially the second bundle.

Overall it's still a great deal and a great cause, VVVVVV is amazing, and the other games are decent at worst.

Grisby

gdt5016 said:
It both quicksaves and you can manually save at the pause (Enter) screen.

I'll give the pause menu thing a shot tonight but it never quicksaved. Or maybe I didn't get far enough to have it QS.

itxaka

Defeatist
angular graphics said:

fuuuuuuu

I was expecting to wait until having my check but fuck that, I'll update my payment later because I need to TEST THIS.

Alright. Time to clear some of the confusion.

mxGOm.jpg

Select whatever amount you feel like, whether it be $1 or $100,000. You have a choice to adjust whatever portion of money you want to give to either developers, the organizers or the charity. Pick the default adjustment if you don't want to bother with that, or customize it for your satisfaction. Click on one of the three payment methods. If you don't have any of the following accounts then click on paypal and you will be prompted to pay with your credit card if you like.

Once you make a payment, you will be redirected to the confirmation page. An email will be send to you in case you close the window which can be accessed any time as long as you don't delete the email as well.

You will be given a unique URL at checkout/email:

Thanks for purchasing the Humble Indie Bundle #3! To access your DRM-free copies of all of the games on any platform, just follow this link:

Unique Humble URL: http://www.humblebundle.com/?key=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Please save this email so that you can download the games again whenever you'd like in the future. We will keep your copies online at the above URL for the foreseeable future. Please make local backups though, to save bandwidth.

If you have any problems, please contact us and we will get it sorted out, ASAP.

Thanks again for participating in the Humble Bundle!

Jeffrey Rosen
Humble Bundle

Clicking on the URL will open the download page:

pQozv.jpg

If you want to be charitable and feel like your initial payment wasn't enough i.e. you're broke now, want to play the game now and will repay later when you get the money, you can always do that by clicking on "Like what we're doing? Click here to increase your order amount!"

To get the DRM-free links, choose the platform, the download method and click on download. If you want to get the Steam/Desura keys, click on "Click here for your Steam and Desura Keys" and it'll generate one for you which can be activated in Steam under "Games > Activate a Product on Steam".

Hope that answered everything. Remember, spread the word and don't hesitate to chat with the wonderful people using the chat box in the bottom right. I had some wonderful conversation with Johannes... :p

Also, if you end up losing your key or deleting your email, click here to recover it: http://www.humblebundle.com/?s=resender

Vlad

Already own everything I'd want from that pack, and I'm really hoping that the extra VVVVVV content comes to the Steam version eventually.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Stumpokapow said:
About to hit $100,000 already.

I notice they didn't bother with the "hurry, one week only!" bit only to extend it another week once time was up: they've just gone and made it a whole fortnight.

Also, Notch has made a $2000 donation now. Hooray!

Sweet, I only own 2 of these this time (VVVVVV and And Yet It Moves), which is the lowest number for any of these bundles for me yet (unless you count the Frozenbyte one). Good to see some of these games making Mac debuts. Will buy once my MacBook Pro is booting again.

Gav

Just bought the bundle (OSX), registered through steam, but 2 of the games wont open [Hammerfight & Crayon Physics].

Any ideas?

Edit: Trying the 2 games that don work as a standalone download.

Edit 2: That worked!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Vlad said:
Already own everything I'd want from that pack, and I'm really hoping that the extra VVVVVV content comes to the Steam version eventually.

being patched today

Chesskid1 said:
by chance, do you know how long it has been live?

thread went up about 10-15 minutes after it started publicly.

Silex

Waited to get VVVVVV for a long time... And I don't own any of the other games.
Will buy for probably 10$. Wish I could afford more.

Twinduct

I own everything ... but feel a need to support this (as I have with the older bundles).
Will give a few days, there might be some hidden gem yet :p

Heh always nice to see notch doing his part :p

Silex

Twinduct said:
Will give a few days, there might be some hidden gem yet :p

You probably shouldn't. In the 2nd bundle, they gave the "hidden gem" (the first bundle for free) to those who purchased early (or those who payed more then the average).

So it's probably best to purchase asap.

Platy

Only have the Yet it Moves on wiiware and the VVVVVV soundtrack (yeah, i know ...) ... so ... perfect for me ! =D

Crayon phisics is godly with a tablet xD

Only didn't got the frozen bundle ....still sad for the lack of Trine .... but a friend has on ps3 so when i want to play i go there =P

Twinduct

Silex said:
You probably shouldn't. In the 2nd bundle, they gave the "hidden gem" (the first bundle for free) to those who purchased early (or those who payed more then the average).

So it's probably best to purchase asap.

Oh I though the hidden gem went to everyone.
Oh well, any idea if I can gift these games on steam?

Top Bottom