• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Indie Bundle 3 is now live! [Now Can Include Bundle 2]

Psy-Phi

Dr. Zoidberg said:
I can. Most people are selfish assholes. I think the guys that put these bundles out are morons for not setting a minimum so they at least break even on fees and bandwidth. The bundles would still sell to the people willing to pay even a little bit.
Well, I know I end up donating more than I would if there was some minimum. So I think it balances out. Knowing people will pay less than $1 for each game makes me feel guilty for some reason, so I end up paying at least the cost of one game's original "MSRP" if not more (don't want to toot my own horn so I won't say how much I pay :p).

Was having the paypal problem the first day so a customer service rep gifted me a key and now today I get the key I paid for. Not sure if it will work but first to quote gets it.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
hawkshockey11 said:
Was having the paypal problem the first day so a customer service rep gifted me a key and now today I get the key I paid for. Not sure if it will work but first to quote gets it.

:)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
hawkshockey11 said:
You are fast :p
check pm

2 minutes isnt that fast. I was actually expecting for someone to pop in before me while I was writing the smilie.

But awesome, thanks :)

Toma

hawkshockey11 said:
That was the joke.jpg
:p

You even have a Simpsons avatar. Oh well, sarcasm metre clearly broken.

These games are awesome, VVVVVV = amazing. I sure do wish I would've gotten in on HIB 1&2. They should repeat the first two programs! :)

tsab

I have a Minecraft HB3 trial that I don't need. The first one that quotes me, will get a PM with the code.

Restriction: Only Junior Members

Jasoco

Banned
I hate how Steam takes so fucking long to load even when I just want to play a small game like VVVVVV. The demo for VVVVVV loaded right up in a second when it was a stand-alone. But since I bought the game on Steam I have to wait 35 seconds for Steam to connect to my account and 60 seconds before it even starts loading the game, which then takes 2 seconds.

Fucking hell, Steam! WHAT THE HELL? And NO I'm not going to set Steam to load on boot-up. That's just stupid to keep a service running that I will rarely ever need to launch.

Almost tempted to buy the bundle just so I can play the game WITHOUT Steam. Is there really any reason for me to keep VVVVVV attached to Steam? It's not like it's giving me any benefits.

Sixty fucking seconds. Honestly. On a SSD with 8GB RAM and a 2.4 C2D. PhotoShop takes 3 seconds to load on my machine.

Nuborn

tsab said:
I have a Minecraft HB3 trial that I don't need. The first one that quotes me, will get a PM with the code.

Restriction: Only Junior Members

been wanting to try the full version

LastWindow said:
There was a Frozenbyte bundle earlier this year.

To answer the earlier question about why it was HB:Frozenbyte and not HB3, this was probably because all games were from the same developer.

Probably beaten on this, but didn't feel like reading the whole thread to find out.
I picked this up because I thought the AYIM demo was solid during the steam sales earlier.

Asparagus

Jasoco said:
I hate how Steam takes so fucking long to load even when I just want to play a small game like VVVVVV. The demo for VVVVVV loaded right up in a second when it was a stand-alone. But since I bought the game on Steam I have to wait 35 seconds for Steam to connect to my account and 60 seconds before it even starts loading the game, which then takes 2 seconds.

Fucking hell, Steam! WHAT THE HELL? And NO I'm not going to set Steam to load on boot-up. That's just stupid to keep a service running that I will rarely ever need to launch.

Almost tempted to buy the bundle just so I can play the game WITHOUT Steam. Is there really any reason for me to keep VVVVVV attached to Steam? It's not like it's giving me any benefits.

Sixty fucking seconds. Honestly. On a SSD with 8GB RAM and a 2.4 C2D. PhotoShop takes 3 seconds to load on my machine.

Not really, just rebuy it for a dollar or two (enough to cover bandwidth costs at least).

Massa

Jasoco said:

Just get the bundle and enjoy the beauty of DRM-free games.

didamangi

Anyone interested in the minecraft trial code? (Play Minecraft for free until August 14th!)

I'm not going to use it, so the first person that quote this gets the code.

Takao

Banned
didamangi said:
Anyone interested in the minecraft trial code? (Play Minecraft for free until August 14th!)

I'm not going to use it, so the first person that quote this gets the code.

Sure.

Gvaz

Banned
Jasoco said:

That doesn't happen to me. Hammerflight for example opens within 1 second.

Toma

Gvaz said:

He is talking about the whole process of starting Steam for a game.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I don't have that problem either because Steam starts within 4 seconds for me.

Jasoco

Banned
Gvaz said:
I doubt it takes Steam 1 second to load and connect to the service. It takes 60 seconds of me staring at a "Connecting Steam Account" before it starts loading the game. At which point VVVVVV takes 1-2 seconds.

I do not use the "Load Steam at startup" option though because I do not use Steam enough to ever want it running 24/7 sucking up resources I'd rather use for better things.

The only way your game is loading in 1 second is if you already have Steam running when you start it.

morningbus said:
I don't have that problem either because Steam starts within 4 seconds for me.
Starts? Or Connects? Because Steam starts in a second on my SSD, but takes 60 seconds sometimes to connect to the service.

I'm going to blame it on Steam server connection delays because occasionally it'll connect faster. It seems to all depend on how much traffic Steam is getting. Yesterday it was 60 seconds. Today it's 5.

wilflare

Anyone else need a Minecraft code?
PM me i'll send it your way :D
been feeling like crap.. heard that giving others makes one feel better

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Jasoco said:
Starts? Or Connects? Because Steam starts in a second on my SSD, but takes 60 seconds sometimes to connect to the service.

I'm going to blame it on Steam server connection delays because occasionally it'll connect faster. It seems to all depend on how much traffic Steam is getting. Yesterday it was 60 seconds. Today it's 5.

From the time I hit the Steam icon to the time I see the storefront is 4 seconds. And, with very few exceptions, like when they're doing server upgrades, it is always like that for me.

I think there is something wrong on your end.

Balehead

Their online bank system through PayPal isn't working for me this time around. Says my card can't perform this payment even though I bought the previous pack just fine with the same card. Good thing none of those games are a must have for me though. Previous packs had always something fantastic in them.

Chuckpebble

Asparagus said:
Mac Filter in Steam games library that I've never noticed before and is currently blowing my mind.

Thank you so much. Never noticed that. So. I can hide those duplicate entries. But I'm noticing, the links to non-steam games are terribly ugly. Is there some way to edit them and make them look pretty? Perhaps I can do something with the assets from the "unavailable" entries on my list that I'll be hiding?

By the way, Cogs is my surprise favorite in this package, I'm going to try and add others in this thread who have also expressed interest, I want to compare achievements on steam.

Also, I have a Minecraft key. Seems those are all the rage in this thread, I'll PM someone who uses my name in a sentence.

Chesskid1

Banned
damn you would think they would at least email you when they add stuff. i wouldn't even know about it if i wasn't a forum nerd.

The_Monk

Mac User here.

After downloading this bundle I realized I couldn't play Crayon Physics Deluxe, I went to this Humble bundle site, downloaded, dragged the icon to the application folder and now I can play it.

So, I can play this game like this. But playing by steam is impossible? If you can, please answer, thank you.

Chuckpebble

About all you can do is add it to steam as a non-steam game. That's what asparagus was helping me out with earlier. Basically, it just allows Steam to launch the game for you. You may or may not also get the steam overlay in the game, haven't tried it personally. But I think it also tells people that you're playing it.

Top Bottom