• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Junk Food/Fast Food Thread

Merchandisers find out the hard way what works or not, the Baja Blasts of the world continue to be impressive while some items just fail in their debut on menus.

Honestly, most of the franchise-specific sodas I've tried are great. Wendy's cream soda drinks (cherry and orange) are both really good, and I like the berry vanilla root beer as well. All diet, of course, but I could drink the orange cream soda all day.

Bullet Club

Breaking fast food news for Australians (except SA where they don't get it).

The Zinger Pie is back at KFC tomorrow.

k0EtCzh.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone likes eating tacos de carne asada... Buy a bag of takis Fuego, pop open that bag and put 2-3 taki chips per taco and crunch your taste buds past the realm of the HEAVENS!!!! You won't be disappointed. Oso approval

J-Roderton

Had a Baconator from Wendy's this week. I haven't ordered one in a long-ass time. They make them smaller now or something?

Weilthain

Banned
I had a Burger King and a papa johns yesterday. My “diet” isn’t going so well but I’m lifing weights so will be gaining some muscle as well .
They forgot to give me extra dips I ordered, but that’s forgivable. No lie I literally delivered an empty pizza bag to someone once, sorry I forgot to bring your food be right back. Also dropped a pizza on the floor when taking it out the bad.
I was a good delivery driver but we all have our moments.

Last edited:
My favorite fast food place is Wendy’s. The Spicy Chicken sandwich and nuggets are awesome and so are the Bacon Jalapeño Cheese Fries. I’ve been a huge Wendy’s fan for many years. I can’t get enough of the stuff. Chick-Fil-A is great too. I don’t eat there often, but it’s amazing. I love Steak Escape too, but we only have one in the local mall and it’s not very close to the house and I rarely go to the mall these days. Subway can be good depending on who makes your sandwich. I always get the same thing. I recommend everyone try my creation: Footlong Oven Roasted Chicken on Italian Herbs and Cheese with Pepperjack Cheese, Lettuce, Mayo, and Chipotle Southwest sauce. I am starting to prefer it not toasted. It’s a great sandwich. Been my go-to for years. Fast food will be my downfall because I eat it way too much. Lol.

I haven’t tried that sauce before. I usually just eat the BBQ sauce with my nuggs. I’ve never been a big fan of Sriricha sauce, but creamy sounds good. Maybe I’ll ask for some next time I go to Wendy’s and give it a try. Couldn’t hurt. Plus, if it makes it even more spicy, that’d be awesome. I LOVE spicy food so much.

DavidGzz

So I eat 3-4k calories a day and 40%+ is junk food. 38 years old. Had bloodwork done(wife was worried). Perfectly healthy. Eat up boyos.

brap

Banned
I haven’t tried that sauce before. I usually just eat the BBQ sauce with my nuggs. I’ve never been a big fan of Sriricha sauce, but creamy sounds good. Maybe I’ll ask for some next time I go to Wendy’s and give it a try. Couldn’t hurt. Plus, if it makes it even more spicy, that’d be awesome. I LOVE spicy food so much.
Yeah, it's a little spicy. I don't really like sriricha either but it tastes fine. It's kinda like spicy mayo or something.

iconmaster

Banned
I had a Grand McExtreme Bacon Burger from McDonald's last night. I think it may even have been my second time eating one. It's reviewing well but I think the bacon-flavored sauce tends a little to the novelty bacon-flavored items offered by J&D's, like a baconnaise.

The Big Mac is still their best sandwich in my book.

Grand_McExtreme_Spain_2col_574x384.jpg

lil puff

Toasted cheesy chalupa from Taco Bell is bangin'.
I love Taco Bell. We just got a new one around here, and unlike other places around here, you can get out with $5 and still feel satisfied. Sometimes, I'm not that hungry and they also offer smaller items for cheap.

Arbys around here has also made a huge comeback. They may have the best variety of sandwiches than any place around here.

A place that I miss that I assume went out of business was Ranch One. They had the best fast food grilled chicken I know of.

Almost lunch time!

I used to like Taco Bell, but for the most part I hate it now apart from the chicken quesadillas. Just seems like really crappy food to me anymore. I do like their freezes, though.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs

lil puff

I used to like Taco Bell, but for the most part I hate it now apart from the chicken quesadillas. Just seems like really crappy food to me anymore. I do like their freezes, though.
By no means is it gourmet, but it's a heck a lot better than it was in the 90s Big Beef Burrito Supreme days.

We need more fast food taco places around here that don't charge over $11 leaving me still hungry.

lil puff

I'm not a huge fan of Subway, but that new smoked brisket is very good. I was shocked at the smoke flavor.

They also have a McRib-like sub as well now.

Weilthain

Banned
I’ve been eating so many take aways recently it’s actually quite shocking. The best was a decent chippy with battered haggis with whiskey dip, the worst was a Pizza Hut.

Today I had Chinese for lunch and a nice Spanish girl from a nearby shop brought me a free ice cream because I gave her a discount for something. Feeling good but really fat right now.

lil puff

Well 2 days ago, I passed Popeyes and it was empty so I walked in and got my 1st spicy chicken sandwich easily.

I cannot believe people were fighting and killing over it. It's average at best, unless you don't have any other fried chicken options around you.

Whoever ran that marketing campaign should be sought after from now on. Genius with the whole Ooops we ran out of chicken meat sorry.

cryptoadam

Banned
Can I say Canadian Taco Bell is the pitts. Its horrible. Every time I eat it I say never again (but then once a year I get stupid enough to eat it again).

Now it is attached to a ghetto as KFC so I think the staff could take some of the blame. But I would rather go to Mucho Burito than Taco Bell.

lil puff

Can I say Canadian Taco Bell is the pitts. Its horrible. Every time I eat it I say never again (but then once a year I get stupid enough to eat it again).

Now it is attached to a ghetto as KFC so I think the staff could take some of the blame. But I would rather go to Mucho Burito than Taco Bell.
You know, someone posted a similar thought about Canadian Taco Bell a few days ago.
The one thing I notice in the US is that the prices for a decent order seemed to not have inflated (or even gone down) like other places over the decades.

cryptoadam

Banned
You know, someone posted a similar thought about Canadian Taco Bell a few days ago.
The one thing I notice in the US is that the prices for a decent order seemed to not have inflated (or even gone down) like other places over the decades.

I think its because they are all attached to KFC's. At least where I am KFC's are all ghetto with shitty staff and always dirty. Also the "beef" is really of low quality as are the toppings. The food itself is prepared shitty where your taco is cold within seconds of getting it. And no Salsa. How can you have Tacos and no Salsa? Thats like being Jewish and not having a circumcision.

lil puff

I think its because they are all attached to KFC's. At least where I am KFC's are all ghetto with shitty staff and always dirty. Also the "beef" is really of low quality as are the toppings. The food itself is prepared shitty where your taco is cold within seconds of getting it. And no Salsa. How can you have Tacos and no Salsa? Thats like being Jewish and not having a circumcision.
I don't hate it so much, but more annoyed how sloppy they are prepared.
Take one bite and everything just slides away all over the table and my clothing.

I think the last time I went that lady must've been playing a joke on me because all the sour cream was only on one end, so when I bit, that shit just pooped all over the place.

I had a Grand McExtreme Bacon Burger from McDonald's last night. I think it may even have been my second time eating one. It's reviewing well but I think the bacon-flavored sauce tends a little to the novelty bacon-flavored items offered by J&D's, like a baconnaise.

The Big Mac is still their best sandwich in my book.

Grand_McExtreme_Spain_2col_574x384.jpg

How do you eat that stuff? They have burgers that absolutely refuse to rot!
I mean, how in the world do you create a burger than gives Time the finger???!

Also, Popeye's chicken sandwich is so good. I'd kill for one, too.
Been hitting up Farmer Boys, I have several coupons that expire one after another (month a part) and am addicted to their Farmer's Burger combo.

I'd post a picture, but they don't seem too flattering, the burger looks better in-person.

DESTROYA

It’s not only Canadian Taco Bell it’s everyone, never been to a Taco Bell and after eating said “not bad” .

Top Bottom