• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Junk Food/Fast Food Thread

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Man, I haven't had Taco Bell in a while, but the basic combo #1 (two tacos, drink, fries) is now like $7 in Canada. There's a coupon flyer I got where this shitty combo is on coupon deal for $6.

I'm not spending that on a shit combo.

XCFTvNf.jpg

ILqXmTx.gif

Cutty Flam

Banned
Jack In The Box's ultimate cheeseburger tastes nearly 100% identical to Five Guys cheese burger. I swear, it's like the same exact flavor and texture and everything. They must buy from the same provider
Only difference is, Five Guys cost $3 more. I had their food only once and was amazed at how similar the two were

maxresdefault.jpg

five-guys-secret-menu-2.jpg

Bullet Club

Pizza Hut has recently brought back their Triple Treat Box. Available for just $20, this box includes 2 Medium Pizza's, an order of Breadsticks and an order of Cinnabon Mini Rolls. Is this box a good deal? I'll find out in today's review!

Relativ9

Just discovered a Mexican place here that has something called a Pulled Pork Tortilla Pizza; and holy shit it's good! It's basically two large tortillas sandwiched together with pulled pork with some sort of bbq sauce and with melted cheese and ham on top. Pic below from their menu:

un8vv1g.jpg

bender

What time is it?
Jack In The Box's ultimate cheeseburger tastes nearly 100% identical to Five Guys cheese burger. I swear, it's like the same exact flavor and texture and everything. They must buy from the same provider
Only difference is, Five Guys cost $3 more. I had their food only once and was amazed at how similar the two were

maxresdefault.jpg

Maybe it's regional but Jack in the Box beef patties are f-tier. Nasty.

Bullet Club

MrBeast Burger is a brand new delivery only fast food chain founded by @MrBeast himself! There are over 300 locations nationwide and their menu features a variety of Burgers and Chicken Sandwiches. I'll try out the Beast Style burger, Crispy Chicken Tender Sandwich, Seasoned Fries and a Cookie to see if this chain really is taking over the Nation!

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Question here for people who've eaten Little Caesar's Pizza.

I haven't eaten it since the 90's. I'm curious if their pizza now is the same or if it's totally different.

I remember thinking their pizza was good back in the day, but I was young, dumb, and my palate wasn't refined, so I don't know if that was the reason.

I haven't eaten it since the 90's. I'm curious if their pizza now is the same or if it's totally different.

I remember thinking their pizza was good back in the day, but I was young, dumb, and my palate wasn't refined, so I don't know if that was the reason.
It was better in the 90s, it’s shitty now but I’m a good way. Grab a hot n ready for 5 bones and call it a day, don’t worry it’ll treat you right

Fox Mulder

it’s shitty and quality varies wildly from trip to trip, but it’s also good enough for being $5.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief

maxresdefault.jpg

brb, heading to Jack in the box . :messenger_beaming:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
OK, this is going to sound strange to a lot of you, I am done with Pizza. It's just rank. What happened to me taste buds? For shame...
Go back to margarita pizza. Trust me. All that extra bollocks is wasted.

I used to be pepperoni on top. Or Meat feast. BBQ pizza yes please. But now. I don’t want it. Plain and simple is the best fucking way. Trust me on this.

as I got older it took me ages to realise this.

for me it’s how you judge a good pizza.

You only need good tomato sauce. Some nice mozzarella topping and some basil.

I’ve also gone from thicker base to thinner but has to be cooked just right.

that’s all you need. Give it a try and you will find out how good certain pizza place is. My theory is if they can’t get a simple pizza right then I don’t need to bother with them.

Last edited:

John Day

maxresdefault.jpg

Fuck me i’m hungry now.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

maxresdefault.jpg

no Jack in the box in my town. I love the five guys sandwich but i hate how their single cheeseburger is literally $7.50 right now and their small fries are $4.

I have no idea wtf they are doing tbh. i cant justify spending $12 on a single cheeseburger meal so I just go to Culvers or get a quarter pounder, both of which are $5 and offer twice the amount of meat.

stn

I was on a diet of nothing but vegetables, bread, and water for 2 weeks due to a stomach virus, so yesterday I ordered 4pc spicy from Popeyes, 3 biscuits, mash, coleslaw, and a pie. WORTH IT.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
I treated myself to a local takeaway Pizza last night. My stomach is regretting it this morning, but man, I needed that. I forgot how good Pizza can be. I have been eating frozen pizza for so long.

giphy.gif

Cutty Flam

Banned

Review brah has you covered

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member

I used to have two excellent BBQ places near me that did the best wings ever. They both shut down after COVID so now I'm resorting to a wingstop for wings.

They're not bad, per se, but it's not quite the same.

On the main topic; Popeyes is the best chicken sandwich. Hands down.

Bullet Club

Man finds decades-old McDonald’s inside bathroom wall during renovations

24ljyZI.jpg

Would you like decades-old fries with that?

Rob Jones of Crystal Lake, Illinois, was renovating the front half bathroom of his home on April 16 when he made a peculiar discovery inside one of the walls. Jones found what appeared to be an ancient bag of McDonald’s complete with burger wrappers and half-eaten very, very old fries.

Jones and his wife were removing the old toilet paper holder from the wall when they noticed a rag inside, he told FOX TV Stations.

"We pulled the rag out and could feel something wrapped inside it. We were happy to find just the McDonald’s bag and not something worse," Jones said.

The particular logos on the bag and wrappers that Jones found appeared to be from the first and original logo from the 1950s, with Speedee, McDonald’s original mascot before Ronald McDonald, holding a sign reading: "I’m Speedier" and "Custom built hamburgers."

Coincidentally, Jones said his home was built in 1959 and it was just down the road from one of the original McDonald’s in his area.

An additional and somewhat frightening bonus: the leftover fries did not smell, according to Jones.

"Had we not been renovating they probably would’ve sat there another 60 years," Jones joked.

Jones posted the photo of his new discovery on Reddit and comments poured in with jokes asking Jones to let them know how the nearly 70-year-old leftover fries tasted and even going so far as to tell Jones he should save the fries for someone to examine.

"The way it crumbles into petrified potato dust. So good. I recommend pairing them with ketchup," one commenter joked.

"You, sir, are officially an archeologist," another commenter said.

Source: Fox9

Top Bottom