• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kalos League has finally begun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conan-san

Caught an episode or two, and dang. We've come a long way from donuts, seizure-inducing flashes and battles that look like this:

tumblr_mba6r8hpmi1qey6kro1_500.gif

OG Pokemon has it's charm to be sure.

Wouldn't mind seeing Ep 1 Kai'd for the 20th anniversary.

Gorillaz

If Ash wins I need gary to show up and ruin the moment by beating him in a one on one or 6v6

I just need gary to show his dominance one more time to ash and it needs to happen when ash is champ so it hurts even more

If Ash wins I need gary to show up and ruin the moment by beating him in a one on one or 6v6

I just need gary to show his dominance one more time to ash and it needs to happen when ash is champ so it hurts even more

I mean unless Gary is using a brand new pokemon he caught in this region it wouldn't be fair.

But fuck it, he wants to make it 1v1 then Greninja vs whatever the fuck he has

Gorillaz

I mean unless Gary is using a brand new pokemon he caught in this region it wouldn't be fair.

But fuck it, he wants to make it 1v1 then Greninja vs whatever the fuck he has

Let's be honest here about this ash greninja thing. It's probably going to end after this season or early next. They probably won't go deep with it unless they are planning on making that a full on thing and if they do the power creep of next season will be hilarious.

Either Gary will use new ones or greninja ain't going to be there. Either way. Gary O needs to hand that forever 10 year old another L

Let's be honest here about this ash greninja thing. It's probably going to end after this season or early next. They probably won't go deep with it unless they are planning on making that a full on thing and if they do the power creep of next season will be hilarious.

Either Gary will use new ones or greninja ain't going to be there. Either way. Gary O needs to hand that forever 10 year old another L

Man, it was great when Gary beat Ash with ease fresh from Ash's victory in the battle frontier.

Gary Oak is THE badass of Pokémon and you'd be stupid to argue otherwise.

Dude was driving a convertible at 10, bought with all the money he earned from Pokéwinning most likely, with 20 girls older than him all on his dick.

He earned 10 badges in Kanto. 10.

Fuck Ash and his stupid friends lmao

weshes195

Hey can I be put on the This Is Happening list? I hadn't watched Pokémon in years, but this thread made me watch xy and now z. I should finally catch up tonight.

I'm actually doing a real 10 dollar bet also with my friend. C'mon ash, win it for both of us!

Chase17

Dude was driving a convertible at 10, bought with all the money he earned from Pokéwinning most likely, with 20 girls older than him all on his dick.

tumblr_lm6igd82im1qjw75go1_500.jpg

Gary is the GOAT

Gorillaz

I remember the first time they dropped that. I'm like "what? 10? and badges that we have never seen before? holy shit"
gary-oak-10-badges.jpg

dude is a real one, I like how he said fuck it when he went against mewto for the earth badge lol

Yeah but only Ash won the Earth Badge. Where's your Gary God now.

Ash outranked him in both the Indigo and Silver Conferences.

Also one of them gave up on Pokemon training. Can you guess which one

So maybe team flare isn't interrupting but you know who still can? Team Rocket!

I'm on not happening because I believe in shenanigans, but most likely reason it doesn't happen is it ending with a double KO.

Double KO seems like the route we're taking. I want to believe...but I just can't :(

explodet

There's got to be a corollary of Godwin's Law somewhere that states the longer a Pokemon discussion goes on, someone will eventually bring up how much Gary Oak rules or sucks.

Chase17

There's got to be a corollary of Godwin's Law somewhere that states the longer a Pokemon discussion goes on, someone will eventually bring up how much Gary Oak rules or sucks.
It could be worse. There could be gen wars.

I hope that S/M anime also has a special series that builds up a rival. Really liked that it was how we got introduced to Alain/team Flare.

I hope if Ash wins, it has Alain's final Pokeball go grey on the monitor, and they smash to the credits, utter silence all the while

play that shit up

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Yup, it's more indicative since that 1 on 1 had Ash with a pokemon he had since Kanto being beat with ease by Gary with a pokemon he'd only had since Sinnoh, so it really shows that Gary is a far better trainer then Ash

Yeah but that's hardly impressive, Pikachu jobs to anythng and everything.

Ash ain't gonna win, they will interrupt the battle before the last mon from Alain is out because the evil team will do some shenanigans. Ash will save the day and they will all be happy, battle postponed.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Ash ain't gonna win, they will interrupt the battle before the last mon from Alain is out because the evil team will do some shenanigans. Ash will save the day and they will all be happy, battle postponed.
That seems fairly unlikely according to previews and synopsis Greninja and Charizard battle. Ash has 3 pokemon left, I'm doubting he'll even use Greninja unless he has no other pokemon so the other two pokemon will have fainted by then.

The episode title is also Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!

Link1110

Or hand him the victory cause he saved the day like with every gym in the first gen

So, after all these years, Ash has a chance to win? The anime stopped during the Sinnoh episodes, but I remember a battle where the opponent had a Darkai. Seriously? Anyway, Pokemon was a part of my childhood, I hope Ash wins this.

Harpuia

Seeing how large this thread is, hopefully y'all get a victory. Also because as someone who hasn't watched the show since the show was in Hoenn, it'd be nice if they would use the victory as a chance to retire ash as the Mc of the show. Probably won't happen but it's nice to dream! Alola would be a nice region to start fresh.

Seeing how large this thread is, hopefully y'all get a victory. Also because as someone who hasn't watched the show since the show was in Hoenn, it'd be nice if they would use the victory as a chance to retire ash as the Mc of the show. Probably won't happen but it's nice to dream! Alola would be a nice region to start fresh.

I wouldn't mind Ash as the protagonist again, but I want them to change the formula of the show. Ash and his friends go somewhere, they meet a pokemon which viewers have never seen before and they face team rocket in the end of the episode. Maybe they have already adressed the issue, but if they have not, I'm not gonna watch the show again.

Gorillaz

I'm more interested in them keeping ash because of what the possibilities are going forward. I mean i'll be honest I haven't watched this shit in years at least over a decade but just hearing bout a possible change up got me interested to see what they have planned.

Part of me feels like if this dude does win the aftermath won't be as interesting as people here want it to be. Shit honestly doesn't feel right.

Harpuia

I wouldn't mind Ash as the protagonist again, but I want them to change the formula of the show. Ash and his friends go somewhere, they meet a pokemon which viewers have never seen before and they face team rocket in the end of the episode. Maybe they have already adressed the issue, but if they have not, I'm not gonna watch the show again.

Yeah I think the show would benefit greatly from mixing it up a little. They're potentially finally letting Ash win, so who knows! Given that a lot of info regarding who plays Nintendo's games says that a substantial amount of women/girls play Nintendo games, I hope that they would even go as far as give the spotlight to the Alola girl MC.

They may stick to Ash though. They'd just say "Ash wants to continue getting stronger!" and that'd be as good an excuse as any to keep Ash as the main character.

At least they've been swapping out Ash's group of friends every season, as much as I liked Brock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom