• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kalos League has finally begun

Status
Not open for further replies.

exfatal

First time i have ever been so hyped for a pokemon episode also first time i've done an avatar bet. God damn it Ash don't let me down win this!
Win this for your boy Shota

#It'sHappening

I hope Ash has a flashback of all 19 seasons after he wins to make it more sentimental.

Nah he needs to have it spliced in during the final moments of the fight all adding up to his super rasen shuriken atttack. Either way i agree this needs to happen

Lysandre will be fully erect when Narufrog throws that giant red rasenshuriken.
1471483947182.png

Gvitor

The only gold medal that matters.

Gentleman, I will sleep. And I shall wake in a world where Ash is the goddamn champion.

I caught up to all the episodes a while back and the conclusion to the Ash v Shota battle was incredible.

When Greninja transformed and then just growled "..KOUUU", I was jumping up and down my seat.

Gotta give it up to Pikachu man. Dude earned his macaroons taking down some key opponents. That Pikachu v Aegislash battle was genius. And he took down Tyranitar and Metagross in the Alan battle too. Thats our level 10,000 buddy ;_;

Im glad Hawlucha was able to redeem himself in the championship battle. His intro during Shotas was so dope but he jobbed.

What? Following that logic he'd have won in Best Wishes, since Unova is supposed to be New York's counterpart in the Pokemon world.
I meant it as in if ash was actually from Japan and fighting people from all over the world. The joke was that the Japanese player in sports Anime will eventually win.

I was sad when Hawlucha lost after that intro. Well, its always sad when Hawlucha loses, but at least his battle with Weavile was great.

Still waiting for Noivern to redeem himself. I cant be that mad since hes only been alive for a few weeks but still.

And I loved how Hawlucha rushed out of the ball to tend to Noivern and then got revenge for him. Fuckin BROTHER GOALS right there.

Sandfox

More likely the next season is gonna be Best Wishes Part 2, since that season drew much better (at least before Delcora).

I think a new protagonist is more likely than that if they wanted to boost ratings, and I don't expect Ash to be replaced. Less people decide to check out XY from the getgo which I'm guessing is a combination of what the kids interests and how BW ended.

Toki767

I think a new protagonist is more likely than that if they wanted to boost ratings, and I don't expect Ash to be replaced. Less people decide to check out XY from the getgo which I'm guessing is a combination of what the kids interests and how BW ended.

The guy who won the Unova League won with an Eevee.

That was just...what lol

I know that they are common ninja tropes, but every single time I see Greninja it reminds me of Naruto. Kage Bunshin, huge elemental shuriken, etc.

Toki767

You know I just went through all the Japanese OP songs for Pokemon over the years and the English songs really put them to shame.

The current Japanese theme is probably the catchiest of the past 20+ songs.

You know I just went through all the Japanese OP songs for Pokemon over the years and the English songs really put them to shame.

English themes had a SHARP decline at Sinnoh. After Sinnoh, another decline too.

Wiseblade

What the what

The English Dub hasn't had a good opening since the Hoenn League, while the Japanese has managed at least one good OP each generation.

PK Gaming

Rewatched the Shota fight. Convinced that mega evolution was the best thing to happen to these league battles tbh; they're incredibly hype. I get chills seeing them activate.

my fave moments

xtttev.gif
lmueos.gif
auxxas.gif

especially fucking this

wqxzbg.gif

hard to GIF the mega shuriken scene but man is it delish

for him Cut is now stylized as water kunais (makes you wonder if it's water type now) and Aerial Ace despite being a samurai slice technique is treated more as a taijutsu for Greninja.

how is it cheating though? in a... hm... "less video game mechanics restricted" fight this is actually a possibility

it can't King's Shield but at the same time can't dislodge itself.

Ash-Greninja is one of the few (arguably only?) things I want represented in the main games. Absolutely nothing is more hype than a Pokemon and trainer battling together, with 100% sync. I guess Mega Evolution is kind of like that, but I want MORE.

Nightbird

For this Thread too:

Got an Avatar ready for the #Nothappening Team

wZWhrC8.png

Not my best work, but I just woke up an hour ago, so I'm gonna keep it at that :p

ReiGun

Going to sleep so I wont see this live.

If Ash wins, can someone splice his face into these gifs to commemorate the moment:

195a09003247cc7a52d36b37cb8f342183282138_hq.gif

tumblr_nm1m9rVFef1sdnzxno4_400.gif

I'm still afraid of placing hopes on either team as of now... mostly because I wouldn't be having a fitting avatar if I lose.

But I'm going in!

#TeamItsHappening

(I want a knocked out Noivern if I lose this bet, but I'm going to guess that's not the point... right?

I'm still afraid of placing hopes on either team as of now... mostly because I wouldn't be having a fitting avatar if I lose.

But I'm going in!

#TeamItsHappening

(I want a knocked out Noivern if I lose this bet, but I'm going to guess that's not the point... right?
Yeah the point is to put on the avatar of the winning teams choice.

SalvaPot

why are there two league threads

Sorry Boss Doggie, I made the second thread to generate interest in the final and to let the casual viewers and people who haven't touched anything Pokémon related in more than a decade to get up to speed, and I think it worked judging for the amount of people asking about it or not knowing what Kalos is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom