• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kalos League has finally begun

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalvaPot

I honestly don't know what hurts more: Ash still choking, or Bleach sputtering to that sad excuse of an ending.

At least Ash is getting another season to redeem/disappoint again. Bleach is just dead and forever tarnished, until we get "Mr. Clean: Nichigo Second Generations Fun Flat Adventures".

All they had to do was let him win this time and allowed him to get his ass kicked in Alola. From that point he would go "Oh, there's so many great trainers! I still have a long way to go before I'm a master!"
That's it! There's no League in Alola. Who knows when we'll have another League in-game!?

Chase17

> Thinking the show will survive this.

You're just adorable.
If Ash won would people suddenly pick up the show and continue with S/M. You seem to think the show is ending, but would a win have changed anything? I imagine the amount of viewers gained would be negligible.

MechaX

The show will survive sure, but the ratings took quite a bit of a dive going into BW and haven't really recovered since.

SalvaPot

If the show can Survive Tobias and Black/White, it can survive anything. Win or lose the match was pure hype and it will still get people interested in whats to come.

1471519271291.jpg

All I know is that I'm done with the show unless ash like gets waifu consolation price, but he won't because stick to the fucking status quo.

Enjoy the rest of the series yall, now I know better.

All I know is that I'm done with the show unless ash like gets waifu consolation price, but he won't because stick to the fucking status quo.

Honestly, as someone who experienced this and gave up in 2010 after Tobias, it's not so bad. You'll get over it and laugh at everyone who thinks "MAYBE THIS TIME IT'LL HAPPEN!".

That being said, XY did have some nice battles, but I was only interested due to the hype everyone was giving it. Show will survive, but this should be a wake up call to anyone hoping that there's growth in this series. That hope went out the window after DP.

Best wishes.

kyo2004

Oh come on... Not like this, NOT LIKE THIS... :(... Well, it was fun, but kinda disappointed with the final battle (regardless of the outcome). It's time to change my avatar... :(...

Ash is The Netherlands of Pokemon. They both choke in the finals of the biggest tournaments (World Cup / game based Leagues), and only win insignificant non-canon competitions (Euro / Orange Islands League).

Shit. I just started watching XY and someone openly spoiled the results on my regular feed. I'll still watch the rest, but it's a shame that he keeps losing.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So is it a rule that Ash has to lose so "the player" can win these leagues when they buy the game or something?

Ricky 7

They overhyped that orange shuriken, I knew it wouldn't do anything because there was no hype music playing in the background when he did it. Ash has lost to Alain 3 times in a row now what a scrub. At least the better Pokemon won.

Piers

So is it a rule that Ash has to lose so "the player" can win these leagues when they buy the game or something?

That's actually a good point, I never thought of it that way.
Particularly since some of the leagues unassociated with the games (Orange League, I think?) he does win.

Fisico

Ash is The Netherlands of Pokemon. They both choke in the finals of the biggest tournaments (World Cup / game based Leagues), and only win insignificant non-canon competitions (Euro / Orange Islands League).

Ash is Lionel Messi and his Pokemon team is Argentine.

It's a rule that Ash has to lose because if he wins then he can no longer be the lovable underdog audience surrogate. If he wins, he goes from Daniel Bryan to John Cena.

Plus, you know, your idea doesn't make sense when they have another established character clearly win the league...

This whole thing is so fucking hilarious. I don't get why Ash didn't win the league and then get wrecked hard by the E4. And then he can spend the Alola anime arc training to be better and doing sidequests or whatever the heck Sun/Moon planning.

It's a rule that Ash has to lose because if he wins then he can no longer be the lovable underdog audience surrogate. It's the difference between Daniel Bryan and John Cena.
Daniel Bryan still won the WWE Championship belt on occasion. The Orange Islands League is like the IC Title.

I loved the last 90 or so episodes but yeah I feel so damn disappointed. Hes not gonna get any consolation either. Im most likely out after the end of the next arc.

That's actually a good point, I never thought of it that way.
Particularly since some of the leagues unassociated with the games (Orange League, I think?) he does win.

The games do not have the league finals before you can face the E4.

It is a very bizarre choice for him not to win the league this time.

He mostly doesn't win because then they have to do an E4/Champion arc and he would basically be too OP for the next region.

"Champion of Kalos goes to Aloha and gets wrecked"

It looks bad basically. He's also still only 10. In some time skip special we'll see him as champ. His current potential curve looks absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom