• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hey patrickthehedhog are you the guy that said (many times) that KOFXIII wouldn't get released on consoles ?

Fersis said:
Hey patrickthehedhog are you the guy that said (many times) that KOFXIII wouldn't get released on consoles ?

What!? No! I'm sad that you think that is me for whatever reason! I'm more excited for this game than I am for any other!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Sorry dood my mistake.
Gonna check the thread...

bon

alstein said:
RB1 > FFSP > RB2 > Garou
This is a bit off topic and might be a dumb question, but why does everybody call Mark of the Wolves "Garou" now?

2iig7km.jpg

bon said:
This is a bit off topic and might be a dumb question, but why does everybody call Mark of the Wolves "Garou" now?

The MVS and NGH carts both call the game Garou: Mark of the Wolves in the English mode. Fatal Fury was always called Garou Densetsu "Legend of the Hungry Wolf" in Japan. Agetec decided that it would probably be wise to keep the name of the once popular series intact. SNK might have wanted to differentiate it with the original release on MVS/NGH. Who knows...
garouMOTWUS.jpg

El Sloth

Banned
bon said:

http://i53.tinypic.com/2iig7km.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/EXlfS.jpg

According to wikipedia:

Wikipedia said:
Garou: Mark of the Wolves (餓狼 MARK OF THE WOLVES?), known as Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves on Dreamcast, is a 1999 fighting game produced by SNK, originally for the Neo Geo system. It is the ninth and final game in the Fatal Fury series, set ten years after the death of Geese Howard in Real Bout Fatal Fury. It is known for pushing the graphical capabilities of the Neo Geo as well as its well-balanced roster of characters and highly technical gameplay.

GrayFoxPL said:
Sorry, but without balance patch it's not worth it.

I've watched tournaments to "4 points". Where characters are scored from 0 to 4 depending on their tiers. I think Raiden and K were 4 and it was clear why. Totally fucked up. I don't know why SNKP thinks this is ok.

Dandy J posted that things aren't set in stone in terms of a balance patch, so it could change.

BadWolf

alstein said:
RB1 > FFSP > RB2 > Garou

Garou>>>>>>>>>>>all other FFs

One of the biggest tragedies was the original SNK dying before Garou 2 was released (there was heavy indication that it was very far along, even a couple of shots were supposedly leaked).

Fersis

BadWolf said:
Garou>>>>>>>>>>>all other FFs

One of the biggest tragedies was the original SNK dying before Garou 2 was released (there was heavy indication that it was very far along, even a couple of shots were supposedly leaked).
:0 ive never seen those!
The last official news was that it was 70% completed. (And one character being a Joe Higashi student)

Was checking the thread man i went all out with this one:
1608var.jpg

Fersis said:
:0 ive never seen those!
The last official news was that it was 70% completed. (And one character being a Joe Higashi student)

Was checking the thread man i went all out with this one:
http://i41.tinypic.com/1608var.pg[/QUOTE]

Hahhaha! I hope you don't find evidence of me being pessimistic of XIII ever coming out! I didn't really lose hope until very recently and then I found out it was on the way!

Fersis

Orochinagi interviews Frionel (French Player with inside info)

- He knows several members of the SNKPlaymore team.
- SNKP gave him some info so the fans dont worry.
- He has info he cant share T_T
- New Characters,Stages and Music.

Listening to it right now.

AAK

IntelliHeath said:
For real? I hope to see Vanessa to return for console edition!

I think it's unlikely, they'll probably skip all the camea appearances in KOF13:

vsrKOF13.png

KOFsightings.jpg

cameo_chris.jpg

But I'd love to be pleasantly surprised! :)

Number one character choice to return would be Mizz Bonessa! Ramon and Angel would be nice as well. Shermie, Oswald, Blue Mary and Yamazaki too. *edited avatar to support KOF!

Random KOF/Garou/MI fact: Back in the day when Maximum Impact came out I was reading the info on the characters in the manual. For Rock it said his favorite food was his driving gloves. Was like wtf. While playing Garou last night, I noticed one of his win poses has him removing his gloves with his mouth. Finally, the mystery solved!

Frankfurt

Banned
Any new info on the audio interview? Any more details besides the previous summary?

Played 4 NGBC matches with a guy in the US today. Can't play that game for shit, but the netcode in that port is so good. If XIII played as smooth as that I would be in heaven. Now that MK's netcode has disappointed, XIII is the last call for me in the genre.

join Dream Cancel, peeps! It would be cool to see more Gaf heads drop by. Get more games in '98 and '02 with other players online before console XIII drops.

on the subject of console XIII though, BRING THE FUCKING OUTLAWS!!!

Yama, Billy, and Mary are due soon just wait. Rock is definitely an out-there request, but maybe when they start phasing in the other Garou characters again we'll see him. Geese's chances are even slimmer for another non-dream match arcade title, but he's the perfect console exclusive for sure.

AAK

Frankfurt said:
Played 4 NGBC matches with a guy in the US today. Can't play that game for shit, but the netcode in that port is so good. If XIII played as smooth as that I would be in heaven. Now that MK's netcode has disappointed, XIII is the last call for me in the genre.

I have a shitty connection, and I have a wretched time playing Tekken and SF, but Blazblue runs amazing despite all that.

Definitely give that game a shot. I've barely played it, but I'm supporting it just because of everything it did right.

LowParry

AAK said:
I have a shitty connection, and I have a wretched time playing Tekken and SF, but Blazblue runs amazing despite all that.

Definitely give that game a shot. I've barely played it, but I'm supporting it just because of everything it did right.

Or Arcana Hearts 3. I'd love to start playing but ya know how the PSN is going... :(

AAK

CcrooK said:
Or Arcana Hearts 3. I'd love to start playing but ya know how the PSN is going... :(

I dunno man, I'll be honest.... I'm kinda.... on the fence on that one. Art style is a little too much for me to handle! :p

LowParry

AAK said:
I dunno man, I'll be honest.... I'm kinda.... on the fence on that one. Art style is a little too much for me to handle! :p

True. Wish there was a demo but eh. By the time PSN comes back up, I probably won't be interested at the time. Still got MK9 to work with.

GhaleonQ

Question: do we know for sure that S.N.K. Playmore doesn't own the South Korean-made characters, so they can't be used?

Dandy J

GrayFoxPL said:
Sorry, but without balance patch it's not worth it.

I've watched tournaments to "4 points". Where characters are scored from 0 to 4 depending on their tiers. I think Raiden and K were 4 and it was clear why. Totally fucked up. I don't know why SNKP thinks this is ok.
People really exaggerate when it comes to balance in this game. I thought from the beginning the point system was really fucking stupid and gave people the wrong impression of exactly how powerful the best characters are (just to be clear, this was done with KOFXI and other KOF games as well, people just never knew about it). Not that the best characters aren't the best or anything, but now that the games been out awhile and players are more experienced, the difference between the best and 'worst' characters has become less pronounced. People learned more about how to fight k', raiden, elizabeth, kyo, shen, etc., and learned a lot more about the 'lower tier' characters. I put that in quotes because honestly after seeing maxima and chin rapefest ocvs vs top tiers in recent matches i dont really know who is low tier anymore lol. Honestly K' and Raiden seem less dominant in this game than sagat/ryu/akuma were in vanilla sf4 (in terms of what they can do vs other characters), and people played that game plenty...some even claimed it was really balanced. Shit just gets thrown out of proportion when people don't have first-hand experience about the game. I remember when Kevin ran Garou with an iron first, when in reality it was never true and the game was surprisingly balanced.

GrayFoxPL

Dandy J said:
People really exaggerate when it comes to balance in this game. I thought from the beginning the point system was really fucking stupid and gave people the wrong impression of exactly how powerful the best characters are (just to be clear, this was done with KOFXI and other KOF games as well, people just never knew about it). Not that the best characters aren't the best or anything, but now that the games been out awhile and players are more experienced, the difference between the best and 'worst' characters has become less pronounced. People learned more about how to fight k', raiden, elizabeth, kyo, shen, etc., and learned a lot more about the 'lower tier' characters. I put that in quotes because honestly after seeing maxima and chin rapefest ocvs vs top tiers in recent matches i dont really know who is low tier anymore lol. Honestly K' and Raiden seem less dominant in this game than sagat/ryu/akuma were in vanilla sf4 (in terms of what they can do vs other characters), and people played that game plenty...some even claimed it was really balanced. Shit just gets thrown out of proportion when people don't have first-hand experience about the game. I remember when Kevin ran Garou with an iron first, when in reality it was never true and the game was surprisingly balanced.

Hmm. That's reassuring.

RSLYG

The "no mai no buy" fans already got her, as for new characters for console we need more manly characters such as classy Uncle Oswald or Lin (chinese ninja poison dude)

Fersis

NEO0MJ said:
The only character I would really want is Rugal, but aside from being dead I doubt he has a big enough fanbase.
I want Adel, Yamazaki, Blue Mary and Gai Tendo.

GhaleonQ said:
Question: do we know for sure that S.N.K. Playmore doesn't own the South Korean-made characters, so they can't be used?

May Lee and Angel were in 02UM, so it's not a licensing issue. There were so many problems with the existence of K999999999 that Nameless took his place over in 02UM.

http://kofaniv.snkplaymore.co.jp/english/character/index.php?num=k9999
http://kofaniv.snkplaymore.co.jp/character/index.php?num=k9999

He doesn't have any images in his profile.

So I'm curious as to how many characters have been added since XII, how many new stages, does it have a story mode and do all the characters have all their moves this time around, in the console version.

Top Bottom