• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of Iron Fist Tournament 2016 World Finals [Tekken 7] (12/09-12/10)

Tripon

The King of Iron Fist Tournament 2016 World Finals [Tekken 7] (12/09-12/10)

CzDBakaWEAA8o78.jpg

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uue8Pm4AZng

Eve of KOIFT 2016 Grand Final

Schedule: Fri, December 9, 6am – 7am [EST]
Stream: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv283485118

Eve of The King of Iron Fist Tournament 2016 Grand Final. Will have a lottery for qualified players and interviews with overseas players.

---

The King of Iron Fist Tournament 2016 Grand Final at the Takeshiba New Pier Hall in Tokyo, Japan.

Streams:

https://www.twitch.tv/tekken
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv283485050

Sat. Dec. 10th
Schedule: [JST]

9: 30 ~ 11: 50 Opening preliminary round league
11: 50 ~ 12: 30 Half time "loose e-sports" delivery
12: 30 ~ 17: 40 Final Tournament (Best 16 - Final)
17: 45 ~ 18: 00 Awards ceremony
18: 00 ~ 18: 15 "Tekken" series latest information
18: 15 Delivery end
※ The above schedule may be changed depending on the progress situation of the event.

Friday, Dec. 9th to Sat., Dec. 10th
Schedule [PST]

4:30pm ~ 6:50pm Opening preliminary round league
6:50pm ~ 7:30pm Half time "loose e-sports" delivery
7:30pm ~ 12:40am Final Tournament (Best 16 - Final)
12:45am ~ 1:00am Awards ceremony
1:00am ~ 1:15am "Tekken" series latest information
1:15am Delivery end
※ The above schedule may be changed depending on the progress situation of the event.

Friday, Dec. 9th to Sat., Dec. 10th
Schedule [EST]

7:30pm ~ 9:50pm Opening preliminary round league
9:50pm ~ 10:30pm Half time "loose e-sports" delivery
10:30pm ~ 3:40am Final Tournament (Best 16 - Final)
3:45am ~ 4:00am Awards ceremony
4:00am ~ 4:15am "Tekken" series latest information
4:15am Delivery end

Players qualified:

JAPAN:

From OSAKA ROUND

COOAS Chikurin // Jin
Nidaime Ikusu // Paul
Karei // Kazumi
Tsubumi // Bryan
YuuYuu // Xiaoyu
Tanukana // Xiaoyu

From TOKYO ROUND

Nobi // Dragunov
Furumizu // Paul
Take // Bryan
Gen // Leo
S.H.O.W // Alisa
Yamato // Claudio
Kobore // Alisa

EVO 2016:

1st Place: SAINT // JACK-7
2nd Place: KNEE // Devil Jin

KOREA:

RushCash // Paul
Hatano // Kazumi
CHANEL // Alisa
LowHigh // Law
I'm so hot // Leo
Goraebob // Akuma
Canis // Claudio
Haengbokhaejyeobolgga // Lars

USA:

NA Finals

1st Place: Mr. NAPS // Bryan
2nd Place: Anakin // JACK-7
3rd Place: Princess Ling // Xiaoyu

EUROPE:

Paris Qualfier: Tissuemon // Master Raven

UK Qualifier: Kane and trench // Yoshimitsu

Poland Qualifier: Matt-JF // Steve
(Devil won 1st place for the Polish qualifier but is unable to attend so 2nd place Matt-JF is going instead.)

SOUTH EAST ASIA:

South East Asian Majors

1st Place: MEAT // King
2nd Place: ARENZ // Josie

Phillipines Qualifier
AK // Paul

Thailand KOIFT qualifier was cancelled. 2nd place from South East Asia was instead given the invitation.)

http://www.tekken-official.jp/2016_ironfist/about/grand_final.php

Oooh, very excited to watch! Tekken 7 FR is the best fighting game to watch at the moment. Bonus is we get Aris and Markman to commentate.

notworksafe

I dunno if I'll be able to make it til the end but I can't wait to watch. I hope this all caps off with a release date finally!

Anakin mentioned last night that Namco was working on a controller board for him. He was unsure if it would be ready in time. Anyone have any info on that?

I don't think he'll do as well as some of us rooting for him want him to do without it, unfortunately.

Allforce

I feel like I've been watching people play this game in tournaments for years yet there is not even a hint of a home console release.

Doomshine

Anakin mentioned last night that Namco was working on a controller board for him. He was unsure if it would be ready in time. Anyone have any info on that?

I don't think he'll do as well as some of us rooting for him want him to do without it, unfortunately.

Harada told the pad players about a week ago that pad play would be legal and they'd have a solution in place for it. If it's not ready by tournament time then...that would be pretty shitty.

I wouldn't worry much about Anakin though, he's pretty proficient on stick as well.

Cool. I hope he does well.

Did anyone else here ever get to play on those Tekken 5 cabs with controller ports? It made a world of difference for me.

Since everything runs at night i'll probably have to watch the archive.

Please have a release date, Namco. Or at least some news.

Kumubou

Those tournaments are so weird...japan girls, japan students? the fuck is going on
Namco had separate qualifiers for woman and under-21 players in Japan in both Osaka and Tokyo -- that's where the Japan Girls and Japan Students entrants came from.

Horseress

They held separate qualifiers for women and students along with their open qualifiers.

Namco had separate qualifiers for woman and under-21 players in Japan in both Osaka and Tokyo -- that's where the Japan Girls and Japan Students entrants came from.

ooh....I knew about the tournaments, but I thought it was a whole other thing, no idea they actually made into the final bracket lol

thanks guys

LowParry

I'd love to see a Ling player take it all. It's like the only excitement I have for T7 is Ling being so good now.

Top Bottom