• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of Iron Fist Tournament 2016 World Finals [Tekken 7] (12/09-12/10)

What a letdown of a character reveal for me, man. Especially the way it was hyped up

At least the tournament itself was awesome as fuck and tournament mode online for console is pretty cool

No Lei or Julia? I stayed up until 4AM for bears?!

giphy.gif

Salex_

Online tournament making its return. THANK YOU! Idk why FGs went backwards in terms of the amount of online modes after SSF4.

Manbig

These mother fuckers got everyone hype for the announcement of the bears returning?

I really hope that this is still some sort of Bob style troll again, because this is about as anti-hype as it gets.

CSX

These mother fuckers got everyone hype for the announcement of the bears returning?

I really hope that this is still some sort of Bob style troll again, because this is about as anti-hype as it gets.

dat fur tech though !

lol

And two bears taking up two character slots, ehh. "They are not palette swaps" yes they are, a couple move variances dont make them special :D

Rajang

Will never understand negativity toward characters. Bears are great.

Cmon man.

They were hyping it up big. And THIS is the reveal they show at Globals?

These announcements did not live up to the incredible tournament.

Compare it to last year, lol.

Manbig

Will never understand negativity toward characters. Bears are great.

Fuck outta here.

They announced Akuma last year. Remember the reaction to that?

This year, they announced the "return" of characters that have been in every Tekken game since part 1.

You could pretty much hear the air deflate from the room.

Listen to this commentary closing out the show. It sounds like they are commenting a funeral.

This shit was fucking wack.

Horseress

I really don't think their "early 2017" is what everyone thinks. August is probably early 2017 for them. Man it's fucking December and no release date yet...still excited for this but...fuck this lol

cordy

Banned
Namco's going to announce the release date and console info next month. I just hope we get Tekken Force, lots of unlockables and more characters/stages.

Xevren

Super whack but w/e, it was worth watching the tourney for. Was probably one of the more memorable ones for the year for sure. Poor Aris, his hate for Kuma after getting teased for it all day and he couldn't even really express himself like you know he wanted to.

akuma in a main line tekken game and part of the lore is one of those all time greatest announcements. there was no way they could top that but fuck that was a disappointing way to go out.

mbpm1

See its the fact that they were very explicit in telling us not to leave the stream that added to the effect lol

"oh man whats it gonna be"

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Been fighting off sleep this entire time only to be rewarded with bears. We are truly in the darkest timeline.

Top Bottom