• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian review embargo lifts on December 5th at 7am PST/10am EST/16.00 CET

http://opencritic.com/game/1524/the-last-guardian

tumblr_mhlopyJWZE1qdqlkxo1_500.gif

truly the end of an era

Toki767

I believe in Ueda.

That said, I fully expect this to be a PS2-era style game. Which probably won't review well.

raven777

hope it gets good reception. I am a bit worried about some of the previews being critical of technical issues and controls,etc.
I personally don't care about the score and will probably enjoy the game regardless, but I would love to see it get great scores and sales.

Begaria

I'm thinking high 60s low 70s with the majority of reviews slamming it for being stuck in a non-modern control scheme, likely short story for a single player game, and likely getting frustrated over Trico's deliberate unresponsive AI.

What a time to be alive

My guess...niche game. Great ideas, great atmosphere. Gameplay not for everyone. Weak first half

Solid 7s across the board

SGRX

Low 70s, <75. I was hyped for this game when it was announced for the PS3, but at this point I have no confidence in it.

I'm thinking high 60s low 70s with the majority of reviews slamming it for being stuck in a non-modern control scheme, likely short story for a single player game, and likely getting frustrated over Trico's deliberate unresponsive AI.

It's the last thing that's going to cause the most internet arguments. Is it meant to be a bit shit? It's like a real animal! Frustrated? That's what it's like training a real animal! But this is a game! Can't you see how clever this is? Over and over and over...

iammeiam

This is going to be a train wreck and I am going to buy it anyway. I've had an open preorder at Amazon for the PS3 version since October 2009. My hype has basically totally dried up since then, but I've still got to see how it goes.

Look on the bright side fellas, the next time somebody digs up that hoary ol' adage of "Since when did a game that was stuck in development hell for years turn out good?", you can now point at FFXV.

Let the bingo starts:

"TOO SHORT"

"CONTROLS LIKE SHIT"

"TRICO'S AI DONT RESPOND ME"

"PS2 GRAPHICS"

Vote!

"I WANTED A HAPPY ENDING"

Oh wait, that'll be me.

Top Bottom